I'm Voting for Bernie, SRSLY

As more than a few USMB members should understand, I am not a leftwing kinda gal. If I were to pick a label, it would be Liberatarian...

BUT....

As an artifact of my clueless youth (consistent with the concept that a Conservative is a Liberal who now has a job and pays taxes), I am still a registered Democrat. California being a de facto One Party State, it has never been worthwhile to change my registration. My inertia has finally paid off!

As a protest vote to show my scorn for All Things Clinton, I'm voting for Bernie in the Primary.

Yes, I'm feelin' the Bern.

:)
I'm voting libertarian, and not to diss you, but I can't think of any current pol more hostile to libertarianism than Bernie

He's not going to win. But I hope he causes enough of his supporters to be pissed off enough not to support hiLIARy.
I don't agree at all. First off, McConnell's made it clear that the establishment's support of Donald is simply the scotus. He knows the gop is not winning a natl election again for a long time. He can lock up the scotus for 20-30 years with a win here. So, if Roe or Citzen's United rocks your boat, you have to go dem if your vote counts. McConnell supports an out and out racist, with whom he differs on trade, taxes and immigration on just the scouts. To the Trumpeters who think Donald can bend the elite, I laugh at you.

If that distinction is not enough to sway a prochoice vote (and both Hillary and Sanders are 100% prochoice) Sherrod Brown makes a compelling argument that Hillary will be pretty close to Bernie in t supporting the asia trade bill, will uphold Dodd Frank, will continue using the labor relations board to help raise wages even in new laws can't be passed, helping college be affordable, and making taxes more progressive. So, if anyone supports Bernie on those issues, they need to get on board because a goper potus will kill that.

I don't support any of that crap. And a lot of Bernie's real supporters are ignorant millennials and old hippies who can't stand hiLIARy. Politics is personal; and if they are pissed off enough at the rigged fake Dem primaries, quite a few will just abstain.

Anyone who has hurt feelings over politics is a fool

As more than a few USMB members should understand, I am not a leftwing kinda gal. If I were to pick a label, it would be Liberatarian...

BUT....

As an artifact of my clueless youth (consistent with the concept that a Conservative is a Liberal who now has a job and pays taxes), I am still a registered Democrat. California being a de facto One Party State, it has never been worthwhile to change my registration. My inertia has finally paid off!

As a protest vote to show my scorn for All Things Clinton, I'm voting for Bernie in the Primary.

Yes, I'm feelin' the Bern.

:)
I'm voting libertarian, and not to diss you, but I can't think of any current pol more hostile to libertarianism than Bernie

He's not going to win. But I hope he causes enough of his supporters to be pissed off enough not to support hiLIARy.
I don't agree at all. First off, McConnell's made it clear that the establishment's support of Donald is simply the scotus. He knows the gop is not winning a natl election again for a long time. He can lock up the scotus for 20-30 years with a win here. So, if Roe or Citzen's United rocks your boat, you have to go dem if your vote counts. McConnell supports an out and out racist, with whom he differs on trade, taxes and immigration on just the scouts. To the Trumpeters who think Donald can bend the elite, I laugh at you.

If that distinction is not enough to sway a prochoice vote (and both Hillary and Sanders are 100% prochoice) Sherrod Brown makes a compelling argument that Hillary will be pretty close to Bernie in t supporting the asia trade bill, will uphold Dodd Frank, will continue using the labor relations board to help raise wages even in new laws can't be passed, helping college be affordable, and making taxes more progressive. So, if anyone supports Bernie on those issues, they need to get on board because a goper potus will kill that.

I don't support any of that crap. And a lot of Bernie's real supporters are ignorant millennials and old hippies who can't stand hiLIARy. Politics is personal; and if they are pissed off enough at the rigged fake Dem primaries, quite a few will just abstain.

And your point is?

And your point is?
A libertarian vote for Bernie is an oxymoron. Bernie supporters with hurt feelings need to get over it. Bernie needs to put his ego aside and get the most policy concessions from Hillary he can to further his agenda, because it's not about him

And your point is?
A libertarian vote for Bernie is an oxymoron. Bernie supporters with hurt feelings need to get over it. Bernie needs to put his ego aside and get the most policy concessions from Hillary he can to further his agenda, because it's not about him

Many politicians are Narcissists or have some other self-absorbed personality disorder. Also, it's not a just matter of Bernie putting his ego aside, the intelligence of his supporters would have to increase as well.

And your point is?

He waited too long. Had he played that card back when his winning streak was becoming worrisome--can we say terrifying?--to the Clinton camp, he probably could have netted some significant concessions. But he got the idea he could actually win and went for it. And lost. He has much less leverage now.

And your point is?

He waited too long. Had he played that card back when his winning streak was becoming worrisome--can we say terrifying?--to the Clinton camp, he probably could have netted some significant concessions. But he got the idea he could actually win and went for it. And lost. He has much less leverage now.
new avatar. Cool

And your point is?

new avatar. Cool

Thanks. One of the Coffee Shop peeps suggested it--may have designed it-- for our thread avatar and we didn't use it. I think it's kind of neat. :)

And your point is?

If Bernie had any integrity and concern for the Democrat Party (unlikely on the latter given that he's not really a party member), he would have nailed Clinton for both the Email Scandal and the Clinton Foundation Influence Peddling early and often. Instead, he enabled a Career Criminal to seize the nomination.

Forum List

Back