I'm Voting for Bernie, SRSLY

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
As more than a few USMB members should understand, I am not a leftwing kinda gal. If I were to pick a label, it would be Liberatarian...

BUT....

As an artifact of my clueless youth (consistent with the concept that a Conservative is a Liberal who now has a job and pays taxes), I am still a registered Democrat. California being a de facto One Party State, it has never been worthwhile to change my registration. My inertia has finally paid off!

As a protest vote to show my scorn for All Things Clinton, I'm voting for Bernie in the Primary.

Yes, I'm feelin' the Bern.

:)

Last edited:
I completely disagree with his policies but hell's bells the old geezer is rocking it out and preventing the Clinton coronation. Glad you'll support him.

I completely disagree with his policies but hell's bells the old geezer is rocking it out and preventing the Clinton coronation. Glad you'll support him.

Too late, North Carolina already voted. But as you said helping him be an endless thorn in Hillary's side is fantastic. I was a Cruz supporter, but if I were voting now and I could I'd totally feel the Bern in the primaries

There's a BERNIE campaign office next to one of my favorite spots in Rockridge in Oaklandtown. I am sorely tempted to get a t-shirt. Sorely sorely sorely tempted! If I find a $20 bill on the sidewalk, I'll take it as a Sign From On High to do it!

The way Sanders and his supporters have been treated has been shameful. I'm hoping they "recreate 68". In a far more peaceful way than the days of rage crowd, but to get out there and demand change and rock it loud and proud.

The fact that even before the primaries began Hillary had accumulated close to 500 super delegates is appalling. Cripes if I thought the RNC rules were bad, they're nothing compared to the DNC.

What happened in Nevada was a travesty.

The way Sanders and his supporters have been treated has been shameful. I'm hoping they "recreate 68". In a far more peaceful way than the days of rage crowd, but to get out there and demand change and rock it loud and proud.

The fact that even before the primaries began Hillary had accumulated close to 500 super delegates is appalling. Cripes if I thought the RNC rules were bad, they're nothing compared to the DNC.

What happened in Nevada was a travesty.

The entire Dem primary has been a travesty. The Super Delegates rigged the game for hiLIARy from the get go. In CA, the Dems are using different primary voting rules that the state, so there is mass confusion.

As the Honorable and Venerable Flounder would say:

As more than a few USMB members should understand, I am not a leftwing kinda gal. If I were to pick a label, it would be Liberatarian...

BUT....

As an artifact of my clueless youth (consistent with the concept that a Conservative is a Liberal who now has a job and pays taxes), I am still a registered Democrat. California being a de facto One Party State, it has never been worthwhile to change my registration. My inertia has finally paid off!

As a protest vote to show my scorn for All Things Clinton, I'm voting for Bernie in the Primary.

I wouldn't have even looked in on this thread if I hadn't noticed that it was you who started it. It seemed so out of character for you that I had to look. :)

But after reading your rationale, I had to smile and think okay.

BUT....

I wouldn't have even looked in on this thread if I hadn't noticed that it was you who started it. It seemed so out of character for you that I had to look. :)

Thanks hun. I felt it was justified to make such an Important Public Service Announcement.

The fate of the American Way of Life hangs in the balance! No More Clintons!

BUT....

Thanks hun. I felt it was justified to make such an Important Public Service Announcement.

I agree. If my choices to vote were between Hillary and Bernie, I would vote Bernie too. (In New Mexico I can't vote in the Democratic primary without being a registered Democrat though. Wish I could as we will be voting on the same day you do in June.)

But once we have Bernie as the Democratic nominee, as much as I like him and I do like him, I sure don't want him making those Supreme Court nominations. I think I would trust him with even that over Hillary though.

BUT....

I agree. If my choices to vote were between Hillary and Bernie, I would vote Bernie too. (In New Mexico I can't vote in the Democratic primary without being a registered Democrat though. Wish I could as we will be voting on the same day you do in June.)

But once we have Bernie as the Democratic nominee, as much as I like him and I do like him, I sure don't want him making those Supreme Court nominations. I think I would trust him with even that over Hillary though.

I certainly will not vote for Bernie in the General Election. The GOP candidate will get my vote as long as I feel his SCOTUS picks are not Lefties.

^ of course you are... it's all about the hillary hatred, not that bernie would make a good president.

which he would not make a good president, because he has no idea how to work within compromise.

bombastic bernie beats the simpleton drum and that's great cuz someone has to do it.

then there's hillary who actually understands what it takes to preside over congress for four years.

no matter which of them gets the most votes in california, the split delegate math has her already cinching the required threshold.

most bernie fans are all about emotion and simple mathematics seem to elude them, of course.

they will kick and scream at the convention but they will not get their way with the nomination.

just like in 2008 when millions of angry hillary supporters refused to support obama, they WILL get over it.

just like in '08 the prospect of a trump presidency will eventually be enough to convince them.

yes leadership takes compromise, grownups realize this fact and don't cry about 'LIES' when it occurs.

One wonders if you don't have anything more productive to do with your time OR is it that you just like standing in line to register a "protest" that nobody will be paying any attention to? Personally I would suggest that if you live in California and want to perform a meaningful protest against the Clinton Crime family you just donate some money to the plethora of PAC's that are spending money advertising in battle ground states against the Duchess of White Water.

Just a thought.

"Time is money. Wasted time means wasted money, means trouble." -- Shirley Temple

^ of course you are... it's all about the hillary hatred, not that bernie would make a good president.

which he would not make a good president, because he has no idea how to work within compromise.

bombastic bernie beats the simpleton drum and that's great cuz someone has to do it.

then there's hillary who actually understands what it takes to preside over congress for four years.

no which of them gets the most votes in california, the split delegate math has her already cinching the required threshold.

most bernie fans are all about emotion and simple mathematics seem to elude them, of course.

they will kick and scream at the convention but they will not get their way with the nomination.

just like in 2008 when millions of angry hillary supporters refused to support obama, the WILL get over it.

just like in '08 the prospect of a trump presidency will eventually be enough to convince them.

yes leadership takes compromise, grownups realize this fact and don't cry about 'LIES' when it occurs.

Millions of air miles paid for by taxpayers and a bunch of stolen furniture and silverware from the White House don't make hiLIARy qualified to be President.

One wonders if you don't have anything more productive to do with your time OR is it that you just like standing in line to register a "protest" that nobody will be paying any attention to? Personally I would suggest that if you live in California and want to perform a meaningful protest against the Clinton Crime family you just donate some money to the plethora of PAC's that are spending money advertising in battle ground states against the Duchess of White Water.

Just a thought.

"Time is money. Wasted time means wasted money, means trouble." -- Shirley Temple

Condolences on your lack of reading comprehension. I'm already registered and always vote, so it will take no extra effort at all to lodge my protest vote against Clinton Corruption.

And what I do with my money is my personal business. I don't post such info on anonymous message boards on the interwebs.

no matter which of them gets the most votes in california, the split delegate math has her already cinching the required threshold.

just like in 2008 when millions of angry hillary supporters refused to support obama, they WILL get over it.

general election posturing polls taken at this juncture are meaningless...

Clinton wouldn't say whether Sanders was being considered for her running mate and said the Vermont senator needs to "do his part" to unify the party going into November.

She highlighted her role in unifying Democrats -- including the 40% of Clinton supporters who had said they wouldn't support Barack Obama if he won the party's nomination -- in 2008, the last close Democratic nominating contest.

Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump not qualified to be president - CNNPolitics.com

Yup, Bernie or Trump, two outsiders who's presidency would most likely be a lame duck presidency from the moment either are sworn in. While they might have the support of their respective voting public they wouldn't have the support of their respective political establishments. I can see either then attempting to then rule by fiat via Executive Orders and SCOTUS remaining busy undoing most of those. Should be a riot to watch!!
The potential upside is the establishment power of either or both the Dems and Repubs could potentially be minimized or destroyed by voters who will be furious at the establishment for not supporting their pick. Who knows, we might actually end up with a three party system or one (or both parties) morph into something new akin to the rise of the Republican Party during the great political crisis of the 1850s.
Back then it was the expansion of slavery that was at issue, today it's more that many people no longer believe they have a voice in national government and that sentiment seems to be growing.
But since I don't own a crystal ball everything I just said is mere speculation, yes based on current observation and historical precedence but speculation all the same.

Millions of air miles paid for by taxpayers and a bunch of stolen furniture and silverware from the White House don't make hiLIARy qualified to be President.
Apparently you're unaware of the balance of her qualifications for the job, such as intentionally creating a backdoor into our National Security Apparatus, blowing an opportunity to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with the Russians, playing a significant role in turning the Middle East from a seething cauldron into a roaring forest fire and of course managing to win the Heavy Weight Championship Belt for lying to the public (which is a gigantic accomplishment for a creature of Washington)..

...and let us not forget the raison d'être; using her family "charitable foundation" to funnel contributions to her cronies and score high dollar speeches for her and her hubby.

What's not to like?

Bernie is actually helping Clinton stay in the news

If it were not for Bernie, all the news coverage would be Trump 24/7.

Bernie is actually helping Clinton stay in the news

If it were not for Bernie, all the news coverage would be Trump 24/7.

No, the MSM would continue to spin for hiLIARy.

Forum List

Back