I’m trying hard not to buy a drone.

After watching several drone vids, I decided to incorporate some music with mine.

I have no experience with editing vids for music. Is there someone here who could help me with this?

I want to use this for the background of my first flight.....

This is the vid that got me thinking it would be a good choice....

Update:
I finally had time to fly this thing! lol

There’s a lot more involved than I originally thought.
The first flight was fun and uneventful. It performed perfectly!

I got a little braver today and flew it to friends house about a mile away. She was expecting the visit because we talked about it, and I texted her to say I was on my way. lol

Because of the limited time I have for hobbies, it’ll be a little while before I can post any vids.

I don’t want anyone here to think I forgot about sharing vids. It’s just going to take a little longer than I thought.

I’m trying hard to talk myself out of getting one.

After seeing I wasn’t getting any help from the GF, I turned to a lab supervisor thinking she would help me through this.
She smiled and said it sounded fun. smh

Will spending the money for one ruin your retirement or something?

No. I just don’t want to spend $1k on something I’ll quickly get tired of.

A couple of guys at work are bringing theirs in tomorrow. I’ll check ‘em out and go from there.

Looks like a fun toy

If you can come up with a practical application, you will probably use it a lot. Otherwise, you will get tired of.....I can see my house!

I’m trying hard to talk myself out of getting one.

After seeing I wasn’t getting any help from the GF, I turned to a lab supervisor thinking she would help me through this.
She smiled and said it sounded fun. smh

Will spending the money for one ruin your retirement or something?

No. I just don’t want to spend $1k on something I’ll quickly get tired of.

A couple of guys at work are bringing theirs in tomorrow. I’ll check ‘em out and go from there.

Looks like a fun toy

If you can come up with a practical application, you will probably use it a lot. Otherwise, you will get tired of.....I can see my house!

It’s just a toy for when I have some downtime. :)

After years of holding back on buying a drone, an IT guy at work stopped me because he knew I would be interested in the photography aspect. His boss (our IT VP) has several of my pics hanging in his office.

I later went to his office for more info... and then called the GF thinking she would talk me out of buying one. She laughed and reminded me of talking about getting one.

This is the one he’s bringing in this Friday.....
Yuneec Typhoon 4K | Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera

I can’t help thinking about this being a short lived hobby.

Anyone here into flying these things?

I made a topic on it last year on here, I ended up buying one in February on Amazon, messed with it for a few hours and got bored with it....
That is probably what would happen to me

After years of holding back on buying a drone, an IT guy at work stopped me because he knew I would be interested in the photography aspect. His boss (our IT VP) has several of my pics hanging in his office.

I later went to his office for more info... and then called the GF thinking she would talk me out of buying one. She laughed and reminded me of talking about getting one.

I made a topic on it last year on here, I ended up buying one in February on Amazon, messed with it for a few hours and got bored with it....
What hobbies are you into?

Get a 3D printer and a Raspberry Pi and build you own.

micro-quadcopter-3d-printed-1.jpg
Wouldn’t it be cheaper and easier to just buy one?

For years, I wanted a 3-D printer. I did the research and I knew what I wanted. Ultimately, I built one out of parts bought from China rather than buy a proprietary one.

I ended up with a better printer for 1/10 the price and I now know precisely how it all works which makes for better quality prints.

Doing the same thing for a quad copter would be harder, but would result in a much better experience.

For years, I wanted a 3-D printer. I did the research and I knew what I wanted. Ultimately, I built one out of parts bought from China rather than buy a proprietary one.

I ended up with a better printer for 1/10 the price and I now know precisely how it all works which makes for better quality prints.

Doing the same thing for a quad copter would be harder, but would result in a much better experience.
While I respect your abilities, I’m still good with being able to buy my toys. :)

Playing with the box was funnier!!!!

Forum List

Back