I’m trying hard not to buy a drone.

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
After years of holding back on buying a drone, an IT guy at work stopped me because he knew I would be interested in the photography aspect. His boss (our IT VP) has several of my pics hanging in his office.

I later went to his office for more info... and then called the GF thinking she would talk me out of buying one. She laughed and reminded me of talking about getting one.

This is the one he’s bringing in this Friday.....
Yuneec Typhoon 4K | Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera

I can’t help thinking about this being a short lived hobby.

Anyone here into flying these things?

Last edited:
I used to have 300 drones ...

0ce96c188dd0bdf0ec1eaab19dc00654.jpg

Thank goodness I retired.

I used to have a drone until I got caught looking into neighbor's windows. How the fuck was I supposed to know she was 16? My drone didn't ask for I.D.

I’m trying hard to talk myself out of getting one.

After seeing I wasn’t getting any help from the GF, I turned to a lab supervisor thinking she would help me through this.
She smiled and said it sounded fun. smh

Will spending the money for one ruin your retirement or something?

No. I just don’t want to spend $1k on something I’ll quickly get tired of.

A couple of guys at work are bringing theirs in tomorrow. I’ll check ‘em out and go from there.

After years of holding back on buying a drone, an IT guy at work stopped me because he knew I would be interested in the photography aspect. His boss (our IT VP) has several of my pics hanging in his office.

I later went to his office for more info... and then called the GF thinking she would talk me out of buying one. She laughed and reminded me of talking about getting one.

This is the one he’s bringing in this Friday.....
Yuneec Typhoon 4K | Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera

I can’t help thinking about this being a short lived hobby.

Anyone here into flying these things?

I have a few. Most expensive one being a Phantom 3 standard.

Love flying it, but have limited opportunity. I take it when visiting rural areas and love reviewing the video when I get home.

Just realized the delivery was probably going to require a signature. B&H is now sending it to my work.
That would have sucked because UPS comes before I get home. :)

Just a suggestion.

Buy a cheap syma. Learn to control it manually with it, not the expensive one. Can get one for 50 bucks.
I decided against practicing with a cheap one because this thing looks super easy to fly. I hope it’s a decision I won’t later regret. lol

Forum List

Back