I'm taking the LSAT on Saturday

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
...any advice from any of the forum's lawyers?

I've got a pretty good undergraduate GPA (3.75), and I've been scoring between 160 and 170 on my practice exams.

Georgetown and Columbia are probably at the the top of my list for schools, although I'd pretty much have to go if I got into Harvard, and I'm be happy at GW too.

quote-the-first-thing-we-do-let-s-kill-all-the-lawyers-william-shakespeare-34-51-43.jpg

I wonder if the Hoya Jesuits are still packing The Tombs in weekends ...

noooooooooooo!!!!!

Don't do it!

there's no future for lawyers!

There's always a future for lawyers.

I'm not even sure that I'll ever actually become a working lawyer, though - a JD is basically a prerequisite to work professionally in politics past a certain level, and I've already gotten as far as I can without one.

From everything I've read and everyone I've talked to... you just need to have good reasoning skills, which is really something you are either born with or you're not. You can study to get used to the type of questions on it, but the skill to do well is really up to you.

One of my professors who taught my Constitutional Law course said I did very well on my case briefs and that I should think about law school... unfortunately I don't want to be in debt the rest of my life.

A great number of people regret their decision to be lawyers so you should be very sure you want to do this.

...any advice from any of the forum's lawyers?

I've got a pretty good undergraduate GPA (3.75), and I've been scoring between 160 and 170 on my practice exams.

Georgetown and Columbia are probably at the the top of my list for schools, although I'd pretty much have to go if I got into Harvard, and I'm be happy at GW too.

So you're only going to Law School to enter the only profession that is hated MORE than lawyers???

:mm: Sure.. We're all rooting for ya!!! Politics NEEDS some younger whippersnappers like you.. :tongue:

noooooooooooo!!!!!

Don't do it!

there's no future for lawyers!

There's always a future for lawyers.

I'm not even sure that I'll ever actually become a working lawyer, though - a JD is basically a prerequisite to work professionally in politics past a certain level, and I've already gotten as far as I can without one.
Lawyers get little respect. Then you went and blew it with talk of politics....

Good luck

Forum List

Back