I'm opening a solar plant

let China be the world leader in green or solar energy. The bottom line is it doesn't work, and no one knows if it ever will.

It doesn't work? Really? And you have evidence of this? Did you completely ignore the article I provided that talked about how SOLAR powered Germany is now exporting energy to Nuclear France?

I actually heard some idiot RWer say that solar doesn't work because the sun is unreliable. :lol:

How many of us have those solar walk lights?? I know mine lasted about 5 years and then quit charging the batteries, they were replaced at a cost of $5.00 each about three times. Now what do you suppose I do with the batteries that no longer work and the solar panels that no longer work?? Do I take them to the land fill??

How many of us have those solar walk lights?? I know mine lasted about 5 years and then quit charging the batteries, they were replaced at a cost of $5.00 each about three times. Now what do you suppose I do with the batteries that no longer work and the solar panels that no longer work?? Do I take them to the land fill??

Recycle them. Or extract the lithium out of them and use it for bipolar therapy.

It's not just the US, it's becoming a world wide disaster.

<snip> The King is dead, long live the King. Just three fiscal years removed from being the largest crystalline solar cell manufacturer in the world, German based Q-Cells SE (QCE.DE) on April 3, 2012 filed for insolvency proceedings. The news was far from a surprise given the company's share price had already dropped into the penny stock range from highs almost reaching 100 euros at the end of 2007.

A number of lower profile solar industry bankruptcies had already occurred in the past year as average selling prices ("ASP") for solar products declined by as much as 75%. Nevertheless, the demise of formerly industry leader Q-Cells officially marks a changing of the guard from once dominant Western solar suppliers to large scale highly integrated companies based China such as Suntech Power (STP), Yingli Green Energy (YGE), and Trina Solar (TSL).

<snip> What caused this solar bubble? The short answer is subsidies. In order for the solar industry to be sustainable and economically viable in the long term, its demand must not be influenced by any subsidies. However, subsidies in any industry are not new concepts. All governments in all parts of the world have subsidized certain industries in one form or another past, present, and undoubtedly in the future. The photovoltaic solar industry may not have been able to reach the scale required to achieve grid parity thresholds so quickly without subsidies. As with all bubbles, it eventually pops and that is reflected in the brutal wave of consolidation the industry has experienced in the past year.

The Solar Bubble Has Officially Burst - Survivors Will Ultimately Capture More Market Share - Seeking Alpha

Last edited:
US Army, SolarCity Team Up for Billion-Dollar Solar Rooftop Project

Solar Just For Greenies? Nope, US Marines Using Solar In Afghanistan

But don't worry you fossil fuel fools...the Saudis have your back. They don't want us to find alternatives either.

Our soldiers were using generators & vehicles that relied on fuel that cost $400 a gallon to transport it into the battle space. So of course solar makes perfect sense for them. It does not make sense for regular people yet. There must be more advancements before they work in the real world.

But don't worry you fossil fuel fools...the Saudis have your back. They don't want us to find alternatives either.

Our soldiers were using generators & vehicles that relied on fuel that cost $400 a gallon to transport it into the battle space. So of course solar makes perfect sense for them. It does not make sense for regular people yet. There must be more advancements before they work in the real world.

And yet it seems to be working just peachy for the real German world...

Clean-Energy-Loving Germany Increasingly Exporting Electricity to Nuclear-Heavy France

Germany is so well known for its ample sunshine too... :lol:

Clean-Energy-Loving Germany Increasingly Exporting Electricity to Nuclear-Heavy France

Ummmm, sweetie, my link is for a failed German solar plant. In 2007 it was number one...........they are bankrupt as of April 3, 2012. A whole lot happened since February in Germany. You need to read the comments in your link, it appears a poster by the name of Jorg Lalk has questioned the writers sources. Seems some folks in Germany were mighty cold this winter. ;)

Ummmm, sweetie, my link is for a failed German solar plant. In 2007 it was number one...........they are bankrupt as of April 3, 2012. A whole lot happened since February in Germany. You need to read the comments in your link, it appears a poster by the name of Jorg Lalk has questioned the writers sources. Seems some folks in Germany were mighty cold this winter. ;)

OMG...you mean a company went bankrupt? That must mean the whole industry is toast. France is getting energy from Germany. This is a FACT you can't counter no matter how many bankrupt companies you provide. American Motors isn't around anymore, but cars are still being built. Imagine that?

Wow...some guy in the comments section doubted the claim. Did he provide facts to counter the claim? No? How shocking, really.

The FACT is that other countries are leaps and bounds beyond us in terms of utilizing alternative energy. We aren't even taking baby steps towards energy independence and other countries are.

I just don't understand the RW reluctance to embrace renewables. Do you really like being beholden to foreign oil? If not, then why would you people continue to disparage the solutions to it?

How many companies went bust during the Internet boom. Perhaps you ought to write a grant proposal for the Stupid Industry. You seem to have more expertise there.

OMG...you mean a company went bankrupt? That must mean the whole industry is toast. France is getting energy from Germany. This is a FACT you can't counter no matter how many bankrupt companies you provide. American Motors isn't around anymore, but cars are still being built. Imagine that?

Wow...some guy in the comments section doubted the claim. Did he provide facts to counter the claim? No? How shocking, really.

The FACT is that other countries are leaps and bounds beyond us in terms of utilizing alternative energy. We aren't even taking baby steps towards energy independence and other countries are.

I just don't understand the RW reluctance to embrace renewables. Do you really like being beholden to foreign oil? If not, then why would you people continue to disparage the solutions to it?

I am not opposed to alternative energy, in fact I am all for an alternative energy source that is indeed developed, made and marketed by a company that has the ability to do those things. I'm opposed to the government subsidizing them. I'm opposed to politicians (yep Left and Right) giving their buddies millions of dollars only to have their palms greased with the green stuff with taxpayers footing the bill.

Next question, what do you do with the waste from the renewables, nothing lasts forever. Instead of contaminating the air, we just contaminate the soil, yea that's sooooo much better.

Last edited:
Most of these companies are in buisness to recieve government funding, and O bama continues to push for more "investing" in these companies that are scaming the tax payer.

Why did Obama invent that concept? Fucking evil bastard.

Can you imagine how bad things would have been if companies existed to receive government funding for things like military equipment?

There was no debate. It was a lesson. Have you learned anything?

I don't know much about the solar energy industry. Never said I did. I do know that it does not exist only to scam the American taxpayer. An expert like you should know that as well.

I am on this thread to fuck with you. I like to fuck with racist dummies. So....when you make stupid comments like you did here, just expect that I'll be close by, ready to remind you of what an idiot you are.

and how exactly do you know I'm racist?

It is obvious.
You mean he disagrees with Obama.

let China be the world leader in green or solar energy. The bottom line is it doesn't work, and no one knows if it ever will.

It doesn't work? Really? And you have evidence of this? Did you completely ignore the article I provided that talked about how SOLAR powered Germany is now exporting energy to Nuclear France?

I actually heard some idiot RWer say that solar doesn't work because the sun is unreliable. :lol:
Link. I expect he actually said weather makes solar unreliable -- not the sun itself.

Most of these companies are in buisness to recieve government funding, and O bama continues to push for more "investing" in these companies that are scaming the tax payer.

Can you imagine how bad things would have been if companies existed to receive government funding for things like military equipment?
At least the defense industry provides products that work.

LMAO. Are you fucking serious? Sometimes, when they're built to spec they work. What happened to the Osprey? How many billions went down the shithole for that one?

I haven't commented on that because I haven't taken the time to look into it. Clearly, government that wishes to promote the growth of an industry needs to invest funds. If things like solar energy research were guaranteed to pay immediate dividends, Exxon would be dropping billions into it. That not being the case, the taxpayers become the investors.

The claim that Obama knowingly and willingly funneled tax dollars into bullshit ventures as a means of greasing palms is not supported by evidence in this thread nor any other "Solyndra genre" thread on these pages.

I don't buy it.

I'm just going to tell you one thing, you know absolutely nothing about Chicago Politicians. I do, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours translates to you grease my palm with $ and I grease yours back, it's always about money.

How do I know this?? My family worked for the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois in the political arena for years. My mom is one of 10 children, she has some rather "interesting" brothers and sisters. :)

This is great! You offer a real first hand account of what it is like in Chicago politics! You have knowledge of systemic and ongoing corruption. How are your complaints being handled by the DA's office? Or........ohmagosh! They are all in on it aren't they?! Lodging complaints is futile.....and might earn you a nice new pair of cement shoes!

LMAO. Are you fucking serious? Sometimes, when they're built to spec they work. What happened to the Osprey? How many billions went down the shithole for that one?
Yeah. What about the vast majority of projects that have worked, and worked well?

Oh, yeah -- they don't fit the narrative, and so must be ignored.

Forum List

Back