I'm not proposing it, nor do I wish it (at all), however, objectively speaking, the West probably has to go to war with China within 2-3 years...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It's really simple. By some sources, by 2030, China will be surpassing America and have far better trained (in China, not compared to) forces to what they have today. Therefore, if the U.S is to prevent Chinas full control over Taiwan, the SCS etc, the West is going to have to be engaged in war with China in order to decimate and set back Chinas expansion. China has been planning for this for many years and too many put their hands over their eyes. This is how I see it, unless the world is to be dominated by China and their system.

It's really simple. By some sources, by 2030, China will be surpassing America and have far better trained (in China, not compared to) forces to what they have today. Therefore, if the U.S is to prevent Chinas full control over Taiwan, the SCS etc, the West is going to have to be engaged in war with China in order to decimate and set back Chinas expansion. China has been planning for this for many years and too many put their hands over their eyes. This is how I see it, unless the world is to be dominated by China and their system.

Not gonna happen.

Biden has already surrendered to them.

China is going broke so maybe it will come true.

Your brain is going broke, dude. You need to lay off the wacky tobacco. China is the second largest economy in the world, next to ours. Their 2023 GDP is $13.4 trillion compared to our $20.49 trillion, and their inflation rate right now is 2%, compared to our 4.5%. Even when our own inflation rate went up to 9.1% under Biden, theirs was down around 1%.

I'm sure glad you aren't involved in running this country in any way, shape, or form. The worst thing you could do is underestimate an adversary like China.

The US has a one-china policy so we kind of already acknowledge that Taiwan is part of China. Geography dictates that the US would lose that war anyway without using nukes. China already has enough missiles to be able to drive the US Navy back off being able to do much without China even launching its first boat. Taiwan is well within reach of china's mainland missile batteries.

Your brain is going broke, dude. You need to lay off the wacky tobacco. China is the second largest economy in the world, next to ours. Their 2023 GDP is $13.4 trillion compared to our $20.49 trillion, and their inflation rate right now is 2%, compared to our 4.5%. Even when our own inflation rate went up to 9.1% under Biden, theirs was down around 1%.

I'm sure glad you aren't involved in running this country in any way, shape, or form. The worst thing you could do is underestimate an adversary like China.
Your sources are?

If Joe Biden is in charge we will lose. The Chinese own Joe and much of the Democratic Party as well as government bureaucrats. Also consider the ability of Joe Biden to manage military affairs. For example, the military withdrawal from Afghanistan.

China is going broke so maybe it will come true.
The U.S. being top dog comes with advantages. However top dog nations lose their hegemony from their own malaise with the political class and citizens sucking on the tits of largesse. We would have to produce a lot more of our own products and perhaps pay more for them. We are a huge social welfare state right now. And that takes away from competition.

Wow, and are you going to volunteer to be one of those going over there to fight?
15-20 Years ago, I would have to I guess.

I don't decide these geo political issues, I just pontificate about the possibilties. I don't want to see death, i want our species to evolve.

The US has a one-china policy so we kind of already acknowledge that Taiwan is part of China.

Yes, and no. People should know that we "unofficially" recognize Taiwan, and actually still have a defense treaty with them.

First is the unusual status is that although we do not have an embassy there, we do have the American Institute in Taiwan, which fulfills the same purpose. And Taiwan has a similar operation in the US, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office.

Then there is also the Taiwan Relations Act, which even calls for the US to respond to any threat against Taiwan with force. That was enacted by President Carter at the same time he ended the "Two China Policy", and remains in effect to this day and all presidents after him have also affirmed their commitment to that.

So no, we have not "acknowledges" that Taiwan is part of China. Quite the opposite actually. We have affirmed they are independent and will remain so unless they decide otherwise. And any actions against them will be met with force.

Geography dictates that the US would lose that war anyway without using nukes. China already has enough missiles to be able to drive the US Navy back off being able to do much without China even launching its first boat. Taiwan is well within reach of china's mainland missile batteries.

Actually, geography dictates nothing of the sort. And the number of missiles means nothing, they would have to find the Navy first. And that is much harder than you apparently think.

Yes, Taiwan is within range. Then again, it is an island and nothing on that island is moving. Shops at sea are something completely different. And apparently you are seriously overestimating the effect of those missiles. Are you even aware that during WWII, Germany fired over 3,500 rockets and missiles at England? Do you think that destroyed them?

So far, Russia has fired over 5,000 rockets and missiles at Ukraine. So they seem like they are out of the fight?

Why people seem to believe just a few rockets or missiles will end a war is completely beyond me. That has never been the case, is not the case now, and will never be the case in the future. It honestly blows my mind that some people are so absolutely simplistic in their thinking of how effective missiles actually are. Almost like they are magic weapons from the Harry Potter universe.

15-20 Years ago, I would have to I guess.

Uh-huh. Sorry, I kinda doubt that. What is stopping you now?

And 15-20 years ago, and for some reason you did not. Sorry, I kinda have little to no respect for those that demand that others initiate military actions against a nation we are at peace with without a reason. Especially as they themselves have never served. It always makes me shake my head seeing warmongers demanding that others go and die for their own beliefs.

And since you are a Canadian, why are you demanding the US to do this? Why not demand your own government take action first?

Uh-huh. Sorry, I kinda doubt that. What is stopping you now?

And 15-20 years ago, and for some reason you did not. Sorry, I kinda have little to no respect for those that demand that others initiate military actions against a nation we are at peace with without a reason. Especially as they themselves have never served. It always makes me shake my head seeing warmongers demanding that others go and die for their own beliefs.

And since you are a Canadian, why are you demanding the US to do this? Why not demand your own government take action first?

I have no interest in desiring war. Just as the world is fighting Russia today, if you don't confront a threat, it could get worse for everyone.

17 Years ago or so I reached out to the U.S military inquiring about how I could join their ranks as a Canadian. You were in the M.E at the time and I wanted to do my part to fight terrorism and I knew the U.S was better funded, trained and equipped obviously.

While in University I applied to the military in Canada. I conducted multiple interviews (i shared one of them on here for the first time), tried to lie about my hearing (which the astute lady seemed to catch). I did not go, but, I did apply, pass the physical, aced the math test and might have pursued it if they didn't forgo that class. As time passed I decided to return to University.

I don't believe in stolen valor, but I did have the inclination. I believe in fighting and if God decides, dying for the right principles. I am not a war mongerer, but a realist. Chamberlain wasn't a war mongerer either and he grossly underestimated his adversary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back