I'm not going to lie and I know it's horrible to say because ....it's a sin in my beliefs but

Alan Stallion As humans we do judge but agreed we shouldn't.
As humans we all do judge. Anybody who claims otherwise is a liar and truth is not in him. Everybody judges. Everybody makes judgments.

But that doesn't mean we should never judge. The point was to never judge hypocritically. It would be wrong for me to judge somebody who smokes weed if I'm a drunkard or smoke weed myself (which in case you're wondering, I've never been a part of either). Sometimes though the ones who can help are those who have removed the plank from their eyes and have overcome an issue, who have seen a better way.

We can judge (or discern) in love. That should always be the motivation. Not to portray oneself as superior to another, to be boastful, but done out of love. If I see somebody who is lost and out of control, the loving thing would be to try to help them get out of that downward spiral. And I would have to make a judgment that they need help. And loving somebody may mean making a judgment to help, to steer somebody in the right direction.

Anyone who drinks for a buzz shouldn't judge.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 18 years, and that was the 2nd best decision I ever made. Well, tied for second. :smile: My view may be unpopular, but I've been there, done that, and all I can say is that my life is way, way, WAY better since I ditched alcohol or any other drug. (I never liked weed, I tried it twice and didn't like it either time, so thankfully I never got into that.)

What I'm going to say will be controversial, but from a Christian perspective, when you do a mind-altering substance in order to get high, you're opening up a 'gateway' to spiritual entities that are not of God. So I believe that a lot of well-meaning people don't even realize that they're shooting themselves in the foot, from a spiritual standpoint. For that and many other reasons, I'm a big fan of sobriety, and I don't care what anyone says. :dunno: I like not going along with the crowd. My only regret was not doing it sooner, when I think about all the time I wasted and how my life could have been better years earlier.

Last edited:
I grew enough for a year and like the fact that the DEA stopped flying around with choppers.
When is the vote and do you think it will pass?

As humans we all do judge. Anybody who claims otherwise is a liar and truth is not in him. Everybody judges. Everybody makes judgments.

But that doesn't mean we should never judge. The point was to never judge hypocritically. It would be wrong for me to judge somebody who smokes weed if I'm a drunkard or smoke weed myself (which in case you're wondering, I've never been a part of either). Sometimes though the ones who can help are those who have removed the plank from their eyes and have overcome an issue, who have seen a better way.

We can judge (or discern) in love. That should always be the motivation. Not to portray oneself as superior to another, to be boastful, but done out of love. If I see somebody who is lost and out of control, the loving thing would be to try to help them get out of that downward spiral. And I would have to make a judgment that they need help. And loving somebody may mean making a judgment to help, to steer somebody in the right direction.
I do know Jesus hung around sinners and he was judged for that too.

IMO.... and I always say that ...because that's all it is.....my humble opinion

There is a time and a place for everything in life....as a teen.....oh yes....I did it....me and all of my hundred of friends did it too.....I can't remember anyone who didn't do it...

But today? I don't know, I want to try to keep my mind open for more .....what's the word.....for Higher Spiritual Experiences....the natural way.

May be I'm wrong....may be I'm right.....but that's how it is with me today. :)

It will be during the mid-terms in 2022 and it will pass and the GOP in control must allow it.
I guess I will come up for some Cardinals games.

Anyone who drinks is also guilty for the same reasons.
I drink in moderation not to get intoxicated.

Jesus’s first miracle was making a LARGE quantity of wine at a wedding.

***snip***

John 2:1-11 (NIV; Jesus’ words in red letters)
1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever He tells you.”
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”
They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which He revealed his glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
…emphasis added

1644457189536.jpeg

***snip***

When it came to food for the masses, Jesus overdelivered. When He miraculously fed the 5,000, there were 12 baskets of food left over, and there were 7 baskets left over after the feeding of the 4,000.

Should we expect any different when it came to the wine at this wedding? Just how much wine are we talking about? Here are the numbers:

750 A normal size bottle of wine is 750ml.
5 There is a little more than 5 of these 750ml bottles in a gallon.
20-30 Each stone water jar at the wedding held 20-30 gallons.
100-150 That would yield 100-150 bottles per jar.
6 There were 6 jars.
600-900 Bottles of wine!!!

A Pallet of Wine

1644457656412.jpeg

IMO.... and I always say that ...because that's all it is.....my humble opinion

There is a time and a place for everything in life....as a teen.....oh yes....I did it....me and all of my hundred of friends did it too.....I can't remember anyone who didn't do it...

But today? I don't know, I want to try to keep my mind open for more .....what's the word.....for Higher Spiritual Experiences....the natural way.

May be I'm wrong....may be I'm right.....but that's how it is with me today. :)
But you still wouldn't censor or make someone else not be allowed to have a drink, and someone taking a gummy or whatever way they prefer should be allowed to do it if they want to just like people can choose to drink to drunkeness. Glad about the natural and spiritual. Love it.

***snip***

1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.
7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”
They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which He revealed his glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
…emphasis added

View attachment 599442

***snip***

When it came to food for the masses, Jesus overdelivered. When He miraculously fed the 5,000, there were 12 baskets of food left over, and there were 7 baskets left over after the feeding of the 4,000.

Should we expect any different when it came to the wine at this wedding? Just how much wine are we talking about? Here are the numbers:

6 There were 6 jars.

A Pallet of Wine

View attachment 599445
Gummies come in different doses now so it can actually be used for certain things in certain doses. A 10mg is like having a beer.

But you still wouldn't censor or make someone else not be allowed to have a drink, and someone taking a gummy or whatever way they prefer should be allowed to do it if they want to just like people can choose to drink to drunkeness. Glad about the natural and spiritual. Love it.

I would not censor, no . People should be free to choose their own, that goes without saying. :thup:

***snip***

…emphasis added

View attachment 599442

***snip***

6 There were 6 jars.

A Pallet of Wine

View attachment 599445
I like the calculations part very fun history. I like the bible story as well.

I know what you mean and agree with what you said ultimately people should be natural no drinking, no weed or any mind-altering thing.

Drinking a glass of white wine sometimes or having a Margarita in a social way....you know....it's perfectly fine IMO

You cross over to drugs and then we are in a different territory.

Do you live by St. Louis?
No. I live in Jackson, TN, but doesn't take long to get to Caruthersville, MO and I know I55 well, as corporate HQ was in St Louis.

Forum List

Back