I'm going to make a dog septic system this weekend!

Yeah, the hose isn't going to get it..and it would take a long time to turn white and hard. I was feeling quite pleased with myself and my dog poop picking up adventures; well I hit the motherload (literally). The stuff I was picking up before was just Mylo's, I suppose...Klaus goes a little further afield and there was a LOT. I will continue to patrol over the next 24 hours and keep everyone posted, lololololol....

And Mylo was rolling on something...I went over there to see what it was and there was nothing; I thought she'd just found a nice bit of smelly dirt (she's a terrier, she reacts to things under the ground as well as on top of the ground) but when I saw her pick something up I ran over there pronto and she had a TEENY TINY NEWLY HATCHED BABY CHICK. It was disgusting, and (thankfully) dead...I grabbed it and flung it out into the road. I know, but it's tiny and I wasn't carrying that nasty thing anywhere.

One time I caught my dog (now deceased) walking around, drooling, with his mouth half open. I thought WTF? and looked inside after about 20 minutes of him coming to me, drooling, then walking around in circles. Inside was a baby rat. A pinky. Very much alive. I tried to pull it out of his mouth but he wouldnt let me. Finally he laid down and nuzzled it. It was so small and pink, and he had long white hair. That baby rat would nuzzle into his fur and he would gently lick it. Then pick it up again in his mouth and walk around with it. Finally I cajoled him in to letting me have it. I put it back in with its mother. Must've fallen our of the nest she made. My son had two rats. One just had babies. 12 of them. :eek:

Pleasantly
It’s amazing the sense or instincts that animals have.

I have a septic system and I have installed a tee where the waste pipe enters the tank. On the vertical branch I put on a length of PVC with a threaded cap that is a few inches above grade. This is primarily used for a waste hook-up for my RV, but it occasionally gets used for dog crap.
I wish I could train them to crap down the damned pipe or at least closer to it.

I have a dream....

design-septic-system-dog-shelter-800x800.jpg

How to Design a Septic System for a Dog Shelter | eHow.com

Man, I bet that sucker stinks when you open the lid to deliver the next donation.

Forum List

Back