Illinois Dem Says Nasty Things About GOP in English, Gets Even Nastier in Spanish

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
just awful what this elected Democrat goes around saying. I can't remember when things were this nasty

SNIP:
Dem Rep Guttierez
Remember back in 2010 when Obama urged Latinos to “punish our enemies?”

Illinois Democrat Luis Gutiérrez took that concept to a whole new level at a press conference about immigration reform this weekend.

Flanked by members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Gutiérrez offered remarks in English and then Spanish but his tone changed significantly in the second half.

Andrew Johnson of National Review has the details and the English translation:

Gutiérrez​ in Spanish Remarks: GOP ‘Want to Punish Our Community’

Representative Luis Gutiérrez​ (D., Ill.), one of the most prominent proponents of comprehensive immigration reform, offered a noticeably harsher message about Republicans when he switched to Spanish during a recent press conference.

Joining the Congressional Hispanic Caucus as the House awaits a vote on a border bill, Gutiérrez​ first spoke in English, criticizing Republicans’ approach to addressing the border crisis and accusing them of putting political gain over helping the unaccompanied children crossing the border. The remarks were critical, as one would expect; the furthest he went was to claim that Republicans speak about Hispanics “almost as though we are a vile, repugnant community to them that they vilify and demonize in every one of their statements.”

He then said he would make some remarks “en español.” …

The English translation:

They know he’s going to act soon — they want to maintain this crisis to condemn our community, a community without rights for our kids at this moment, our DREAMers, and for millions of others that the president has said he wants to help. That’s what they want. They want to punish our community, and that punishment will be met with an electoral punishment. Be assured that we are not going to forget the mistreatment our community has received.

Here’s the video:
[ame=http://youtu.be/aPAUsETlr2E]Gutiérrez? in Spanish: GOP 'Want to Punish Our Community'; Leaves Out in English Remarks - YouTube[/ame]

So much for that “new tone” we were all lectured about.

IL Democrat | Luis Gutiérrez | nasty remarks | GOP | Spanish

The guy's from Chicago. The same town that gave us Capone, Alinsky, Rev Jackson & son, Blagojevich, Bill Thompson, Hillary (so broke) Clinton and of course Barack Obama. No city has ever produced such a den of thieves.

My cousin worked for him for a time. He's no good any way you slice it.

I think he gets close to being a traitor...I don't understand how he get's away with this.

Um... he's a minority and a Democrat? :dunno:

yeah there's that
But the outright hostility and up in our face we are getting from this Democrat party is the just horrible. I think they are trying to start a civil war or riots...I don't know but it's damn ugly...this guy should be censured in my opinion

Last edited:
I think he gets close to being a traitor...I don't understand how he get's away with this.

yeah there's that
But the outright hostility and up in our face we are getting from this Democrat party is the just horrible. I think they are trying to start a civil war or riots...I don't know but it's damn ugly...this guy should be censured in my opinion

I tell ya, it just ain't safe being white in this country.

yeah there's that

I tell ya, it just ain't safe being white in this country.

it's beginning to feel that way

just awful what this elected Democrat goes around saying. I can't remember when things were this nasty

SNIP:
Dem Rep Guttierez
Remember back in 2010 when Obama urged Latinos to “punish our enemies?”

Illinois Democrat Luis Gutiérrez took that concept to a whole new level at a press conference about immigration reform this weekend.

Flanked by members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Gutiérrez offered remarks in English and then Spanish but his tone changed significantly in the second half.

Andrew Johnson of National Review has the details and the English translation:

Gutiérrez​ in Spanish Remarks: GOP ‘Want to Punish Our Community’

Representative Luis Gutiérrez​ (D., Ill.), one of the most prominent proponents of comprehensive immigration reform, offered a noticeably harsher message about Republicans when he switched to Spanish during a recent press conference.

Joining the Congressional Hispanic Caucus as the House awaits a vote on a border bill, Gutiérrez​ first spoke in English, criticizing Republicans’ approach to addressing the border crisis and accusing them of putting political gain over helping the unaccompanied children crossing the border. The remarks were critical, as one would expect; the furthest he went was to claim that Republicans speak about Hispanics “almost as though we are a vile, repugnant community to them that they vilify and demonize in every one of their statements.”

He then said he would make some remarks “en español.” …

The English translation:

They know he’s going to act soon — they want to maintain this crisis to condemn our community, a community without rights for our kids at this moment, our DREAMers, and for millions of others that the president has said he wants to help. That’s what they want. They want to punish our community, and that punishment will be met with an electoral punishment. Be assured that we are not going to forget the mistreatment our community has received.

Here’s the video:
Gutiérrez? in Spanish: GOP 'Want to Punish Our Community'; Leaves Out in English Remarks - YouTube

So much for that “new tone” we were all lectured about.

IL Democrat | Luis Gutiérrez | nasty remarks | GOP | Spanish
Well that should certainly tell you something. I have been saying for a long time that the way Republicans treat Hispanics and Latinos not only in this country but even the refugee children from Central America that they want to send back home Posthaste when even President Bush wanted to keep them here to get a fair trial, is no way to court these folks and their supporters of which there are many.

After this statement by Congressman Gutierrez be assured that the GOP can just write off the Hispanic and Latino vote in the upcoming elections and beyond. No doubt about that. But in the end Republicans have no one else to blame but themselves as they could have acted much better, more concerned about them and their needs, and more congenial with them when they may have still had a fighting chance to get some votes as, let's face it, they are a large voting bloc. But as it stands now that door has now been closed.

hey POLITICAL TORCH , I think you are correct in the first paragraph of your post . Thing is though that unless the USA and people [you say repubs] that believe in the rule of law surrender to the illegals then theres always going to be some other group hating the people [repubs] that don't accept the next wave of illegals .

Sorry kids, the video I receive doesn't have any sound. Just a bald headed old Mexican man jacking his jaw. This dude is in Illinois? The border isn't exactly a big problem up there in Illinois, it amazes me they bitch so much about this issue with so little to go on so far away from the actual border. I would love to slap this creep in his face. He and his constituency is out of touch with American roots. Totally.

hey POLITICAL TORCH , I think you are correct in the first paragraph of your post . Thing is though that unless the USA and people [you say repubs] that believe in the rule of law surrender to the illegals then theres always going to be some other group hating the people [repubs] that don't accept the next wave of illegals .
Well that being the case, I would think they need to either Shape Up or Ship Out. There's laws in this country that President Bush signed that protects the children that those in a hurry to get rid of them and send them back are not following. Why not? It's the law. And nobody is surrendering to them, don't let them pull the wool over your eyes there. They just don't want to follow the law and give these kids their day in court that's what it amounts to if you really want to know. However, if we're talking about the children coming from Central America, they aren't "illegals", as you call them. They are refugees and that has already been established by officials in this country, and there is a big difference between the two. However, those with high prejudices seldom want to make an effort to remember that. Hey, thank you for your comment.

I and many Americans see things differently P.T. . I disagree with your surrender and I disagree with the bush . I don't believe or care if these people are refugees as they have been living under the conditions they live under for hundred of years . I also disagree with these officals that have made proclamations . I'm concerned with American kids rather than these illegal kids . And yeah , you are welcome !!

It could be that the reason he says,
Republicans speak about Hispanics “almost as though we are a vile, repugnant community to them that they vilify and demonize in every one of their statements.”

is because

Republicans speak about Hispanics “almost as though we are a vile, repugnant community to them that they vilify and demonize in every one of their statements.”

His remarks are pretty tame considering what the truth is. He ought to read what RWs here would do to these people. If you're a normal human being, its enough to turn your stomach.

The Republicans/RWs have said they want these refugee children, as well as illegals shot, starved and more.

They know he’s going to act soon — they want to maintain this crisis to condemn our community, a community without rights for our kids at this moment, our DREAMers, and for millions of others that the president has said he wants to help. That’s what they want. They want to punish our community, and that punishment will be met with an electoral punishment. Be assured that we are not going to forget the mistreatment our community has received
Since when is a factual statement nasty? Boohoohoo Republican crybabies.

Forum List

Back