Illegals will be eligible for unemployment benefits under Obama's amnesty

Buried in a Denver Post article is something that should concern residents of every state.
According to the report, people legally working in the U.S. (including illegal aliens given
amnesty by Obama) are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are a Colorado employer expect your unemployment assessment to go up...

Illegal Aliens Will Collect Unemployment Benefits Under Obama Amnesty | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®

um you do know how Unemployment works right. They would have to be working legally for 26 Weeks For an employer who would be paying Unemployment insurance Taxs on said employee, to Qualify for Unemployment. It's not like they are going to get a Work Permit and get to walk in and start Collecting.

Yep - let's not let reality get in anyone's way, right?

Add to that the fact that in applying for UI an illegal would then be indicting their employer who, last I checked, would have broken federal law in hiring the individual without checking naturalization status, or knowingly hiring an illegal.

Well, if all that is true, you need to ask the "states" about why they're allowing it. Start with Governor Rick Perry...

Because they're afraid of rthe democrats demagoguing the issue and dont want to be seen as anti-hispance and yeah I have bitched about that, but since you never question your leaders you wouldnt know about that.

That's the funniest spin I've heard all day. Thanks. I can go eat now...

OMG you really think the democrats wouldnt bludgeon them over the head with it. Learn politics and come back when you have some intellectual honesty. Now you're just an Obamabot hack.

Typical wingnut knee jerk reaction.

Obama stated very clearly at a June 15 news conference:

Now, let's be clear -- this is not amnesty, this is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people. It is the right thing to do.

The DREAM Act, if you do a little more reading outside the right wing box, specifically makes citizenship an attainable OPTION. And, unless you happen to live in a state which already allows for government subsidy programs for aliens, and there a few, there was no provision in either the President's Executive Order or in the text of the DREAM act which makes such funds available to non-citizens.

Jeez! Next thing you know, the wingnuts will piece the whole thing together: Illegal aliens will be offered full citizenship for euthanizing our grandmothers under Obamacare.

Really?

Obama stated.... LOL! Typical lefty response.

Ask the millions of people around the world who follow the rules and wait LEGALLY for years to live in the U.S. if it's not amnesty. Anybody who is allowed to cut to the front of the line and stay in the U.S. after "illegally"sneaking into the country is being given amnesty.

Just because you call a apple a orange doesn't make it so. Half the world would like to live in the U.S. for a "better life". Why do illegals get to cut the front of line, while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait legally for years to live in the U.S.?

yes, you are silly working on what obama stated. Haven't you learned anything from the right and fox news. Just make up what you want obama to have said, or the law to have said, fuck the truth, and argue against your own false claims.

See, here is how i works. Obama made an executive order that everyone has to eat puppies. Obama clearly is from kenya and terying to change all of our diets to include cute wittle puppies because he ate dog as a child.

No truth, no reality, but it makes you hate Obama. It helps if you reference a recent speech by Obama that most republican idiots didn't watch anyway, and you are off. no need to understand reality when you can make up shit. It isn't like republicans care about the truth anyway. They watch fox news for christ sake.

Typical wingnut knee jerk reaction.

Obama stated very clearly at a June 15 news conference:

Now, let's be clear -- this is not amnesty, this is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people. It is the right thing to do.

The DREAM Act, if you do a little more reading outside the right wing box, specifically makes citizenship an attainable OPTION. And, unless you happen to live in a state which already allows for government subsidy programs for aliens, and there a few, there was no provision in either the President's Executive Order or in the text of the DREAM act which makes such funds available to non-citizens.

Jeez! Next thing you know, the wingnuts will piece the whole thing together: Illegal aliens will be offered full citizenship for euthanizing our grandmothers under Obamacare.

Really?

Obama stated.... LOL! Typical lefty response.

Ask the millions of people around the world who follow the rules and wait LEGALLY for years to live in the U.S. if it's not amnesty. Anybody who is allowed to cut to the front of the line and stay in the U.S. after "illegally"sneaking into the country is being given amnesty.

Just because you call a apple a orange doesn't make it so. Half the world would like to live in the U.S. for a "better life". Why do illegals get to cut the front of line, while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait legally for years to live in the U.S.?

Um... seems to me that the line has been shortened for quite a few people in my memory. Although, even though these kids won't have to live under the threat of instant deportation, they would still be required to live up to a standard which is NOT required of the other people in line who would wait EXACTLY the same amount of time for the naturalization process to happen.

I think I'd call the EO "forgiveness" rather than "amnesty". But what would you expect from a "typical lefty"? ;)

Because they're afraid of rthe democrats demagoguing the issue and dont want to be seen as anti-hispance and yeah I have bitched about that, but since you never question your leaders you wouldnt know about that.

That's the funniest spin I've heard all day. Thanks. I can go eat now...

OMG you really think the democrats wouldnt bludgeon them over the head with it. Learn politics and come back when you have some intellectual honesty. Now you're just an Obamabot hack.

See, no need for any truth, just bullshit talking points and your imagination. For all buckeye knows obama could be a rich white republican, it is not like he has any connection with reality or has ever actually read or heard anything he talks about. his entire reality is based off of fox and friends drugged up delusions and whatever Rupert's dementia made him see today.

Buried in a Denver Post article is something that should concern residents of every state.
According to the report, people legally working in the U.S. (including illegal aliens given
amnesty by Obama) are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are a Colorado employer expect your unemployment assessment to go up...

Illegal Aliens Will Collect Unemployment Benefits Under Obama Amnesty | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®

um you do know how Unemployment works right. They would have to be working legally for 26 Weeks For an employer who would be paying Unemployment insurance Taxs on said employee, to Qualify for Unemployment. It's not like they are going to get a Work Permit and get to walk in and start Collecting.

Add to that the fact that in applying for UI an illegal would then be indicting their employer who, last I checked, would have broken federal law in hiring the individual without checking naturalization status, or knowingly hiring an illegal.

Exactly! I would also add the following:

A Department of Labor employee will call the applicant to confirm the application and get a statement on why the applicant was terminated. That same representative will then contact the former employer to have someone corroborate the story. If the employer agrees with the employee, the application process is fairly quick.

The department then decides whether the applicant is eligible for benefits according to state employment law. If approved, the applicant will get that first check within approximately three weeks. However, oftentimes the former employer and the applicant come to an impasse on the reason for termination, especially when either one or both of the parties is lying or they have a different interpretation of the same events. The Department of Labor representative will try to mediate between the two parties to determine exactly what happened.

More: Apply for Unemployment

A Department of Labor employee will call the applicant to confirm the application and get a statement on why the applicant was terminated. That same representative will then contact the former employer to have someone corroborate the story. If the employer agrees with the employee, the application process is fairly quick.

The department then decides whether the applicant is eligible for benefits according to state employment law. If approved, the applicant will get that first check within approximately three weeks. However, oftentimes the former employer and the applicant come to an impasse on the reason for termination, especially when either one or both of the parties is lying or they have a different interpretation of the same events. The Department of Labor representative will try to mediate between the two parties to determine exactly what happened.

May not agree with you guys on this over all Issue, but I do like to Play with Facts. I have found that a good amount of people are very Ignorant about how Normal none emergency Unemployment works. I don't think most people know that your employer pays I think it is 10% of your salary up to a certain point into Unemployment Insurance every single year you work.

I hear people talk about UE like it's welfare. That is pure horse shit. Now 99 weeks of Extended Benefits that is. But the standard 26 Weeks of Unemployment is not. I mean I have collected only 2 times in my life, out of 22 Years of working. So for 22 Years my employers have been paying a % of my Salary into UE insurance. Money that could have been mine if not for the Program. So when I collected for the first time after 15 years of working 18 weeks of benefits, I am pretty confident I did not collect more than had been paid in, in my name over the years.

:)

Last edited:

So this means if you were an illegal and working off the books where none of your income was reported to the department of labor under your SS# or whatever legal immigrants have as a federal ID, then the department of labor would have no way of confirming your employment and you would never be eligible for unemployment in the first case so the concerns of the people that those horrible illegals would get unemployment are without any basis in reality? So this fear is an irrational delusion that was completely fabricated in the minds of the people claiming it, and therefor all of the people who think this are openly delusional and in need of some medication and possibly a padded room?

Good, rubber walls and straight jackets for all the republicans in this thread.

May not agree with you guys on this over all Issue, but I do like to Play with Facts. I have found that a good amount of people are very Ignorant about how Normal none emergency Unemployment works. I don't think most people know that your employer pays I think it is 10% of your salary up to a certain point into Unemployment Insurance every single year you work.

I hear people talk about UE like it's welfare. That is pure horse shit. Now 99 weeks of Extended Benefits that is. But the standard 26 Weeks of Unemployment is not. I mean I have collected only 2 times in my life, out of 22 Years of working. So for 22 Years my employers have been paying a % of my Salary into UE insurance. Money that could have been mine if not for the Program. So when I collected for the first time after 15 years of working 18 weeks of benefits, I am pretty confident I did not collect more than had been paid in, in my name over the years.

:)

Nice but when you collected unemployment the state used the money paid for you under your SS# to figure that out. This means your unemployment was based on your reported salary, and also relied on you working a certain amount of time over the past year to be eligible. Since illegals have no social security number to make a claim they cannot even enter a claim. They cannot even fuill out the application for Unemployment because they have no SS# which is a requirement to start processing any application. Without that they simply do not even proceed. So the only people who can actually claim federal unemployment in the US are legally issued state ID.

If they are paying taxes like all other employees, then they should be covered by unemployment. My issue with illegals is that they receive services that are paid for by taxpayers, but they don't pay taxes because they get paid under the table. If they are given amnesty and are paid legally, then they will pay taxes, which should be what we want. I know there are quite a few of you on this forum who actually are delusional enough to believe that we are going to deport 12 to 20 million illegals, but the fact is that is just never going to happen, so we ought to be looking at some real solutions to the problem rather than talking about something that is never going to happen.

Make them citizens, and then they pay taxes.

Simple solution.

Or suck off Welfare. Simple solution... Send them home.

I don't know if paying them ALL welfare wouldn't be cheaper in the long run than rounding them up and sending them home.

Maybe a BETTER solution might be to stop destabilizing Central and South American governments with our "war on drugs" so that they can build a better place for THEIR citizens to be.

The Canadian border is WAY more porous, yet you never hear about illegal Canadians invading our country by the millions, do you? Why is that?

Simple solution.

I don't know if paying them ALL welfare wouldn't be cheaper in the long run than rounding them up and sending them home.

Maybe a BETTER solution might be to stop destabilizing Central and South American governments with our "war on drugs" so that they can build a better place for THEIR citizens to be.

The Canadian border is WAY more porous, yet you never hear about illegal Canadians invading our country by the millions, do you? Why is that?

Long term... Giving them a bus, or plane ride home would absolutely be cheaper. I don't think the "war on drugs" is any excuse as to why nations cannot succeed on their own, and finally I do see Canadians every day as I live 2 miles from several border crossings, but they are generally shopping, or seeking Medical care in the U.S. as opposed to waiting forever to see a Canadian doctor. To be honest I know many American's who own property in Canada as well. But I'm sure there are many Canadian's in the grand mix of who we call Illegal's.

Why not? They are collecting WIC and other government welfare programs.

Why not indeed. If they are working at a job that pays into the fund they deserve the same benefits as anyone else if laid off. We are only talking about kids brought here when very young not breaking any laws? They should be issued SSI numbers and treated the same as any American.

Simple solution.

Simple to say, but saying it proves you live in Fantasyland. Get this through your head, we are not going to deport 12 to 20 million illegals; it's just not going to happen.

Why should the enforcement of our Laws simply be brushed aside. Well I agree we will never be rid of 12 to 20 million illegal's, but sending a few million home WILL send a very clear and pointed message, that our Laws SHOULD be respected.

Forum List

Back