Illegals will be eligible for unemployment benefits under Obama's amnesty

Buried in a Denver Post article is something that should concern residents of every state.
According to the report, people legally working in the U.S. (including illegal aliens given
amnesty by Obama) are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are a Colorado employer expect your unemployment assessment to go up...

Illegal Aliens Will Collect Unemployment Benefits Under Obama Amnesty | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®

Why not? They are collecting WIC and other government welfare programs.

Why not indeed. If they are working at a job that pays into the fund they deserve the same benefits as anyone else if laid off. We are only talking about kids brought here when very young not breaking any laws? They should be issued SSI numbers and treated the same as any American.

But the FACT remains... They are NOT American's.

Why not? They are collecting WIC and other government welfare programs.

Why not indeed. If they are working at a job that pays into the fund they deserve the same benefits as anyone else if laid off. We are only talking about kids brought here when very young not breaking any laws? They should be issued SSI numbers and treated the same as any American.

Big whoop. Make em Americans legally and get over it. As long as it is proven that they are good contributing citizens I see no reason not to.

Even better - make them EDUCATED citizens so they can pay MORE taxes.

Translation: Through in a Taxpayer funded education well we're at it.

Read the DREAM act, just once. I guarantee no one will laugh at you.

Yes I know about the education gift they already receive, what I'm trying to get through to some people is the fact that we cannot do any sort of Amnesty without FIRST securing our borders. You and I both know the second any Amnesty is passed, our borders are going to look like a Buffalo herd in the 19th century, and our prosperity as a nation is going to look like the 19th century very soon after. We cannot afford to assimilate a nations worth of exiles, or we WILL become the very thing the Illegal's are trying to run from.

Big whoop. Make em Americans legally and get over it. As long as it is proven that they are good contributing citizens I see no reason not to.

I see every reason not to.

Don't you have anything better to do with you life than hate people that are here through no fault of thier own and are doing you no harm?

Don't you have anything better to do with you life than hate people that are here through no fault of thier own and are doing you no harm?

But they are doing harm to America... They are draining our resources, and it wont stop until America has become nothing more than a debt ridden Third World nation.

But they are doing harm to America... They are draining our resources, and it wont stop until America has become nothing more than a debt ridden Third World nation.

They can only get what few crumbs the military and Wall Street leave behind.

P.S.
I didn't even mention the Bush Great Recession.

But like I said and you ignored they are not draining our resources. They might be taking work from us, but they are not getting welfare, social security, medicare, or anything like that. The best they might get is their children educated if they can stay here.

But they are doing harm to America... They artre draining our resources, and it wont stop until America has become nothing more than a debt ridden Third World nation.

But like I said and you ignored they are not draining our resources. They might be taking work from us, but they are not getting welfare, social security, medicare, or anything like that. The best they might get is their children educated if they can stay here.

I don't know where to start your just wrong there's no way you've ever followed this problem posting that

Typical wingnut knee jerk reaction.

Obama stated very clearly at a June 15 news conference:

Now, let's be clear -- this is not amnesty, this is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people. It is the right thing to do.

The DREAM Act, if you do a little more reading outside the right wing box, specifically makes citizenship an attainable OPTION. And, unless you happen to live in a state which already allows for government subsidy programs for aliens, and there a few, there was no provision in either the President's Executive Order or in the text of the DREAM act which makes such funds available to non-citizens.

Jeez! Next thing you know, the wingnuts will piece the whole thing together: Illegal aliens will be offered full citizenship for euthanizing our grandmothers under Obamacare.

Really?

What was the vote on the DREAM Act? Oh Yeah, bi-partisan.

What a stupid thread... I'm wondering if anyone bothered reading the article that the o/p's article relies on in raising this issue.

There is nothing there that implies eligibility for unemployment insurance.

more fauxrage from the racists *shrug*

Now, let's be clear -- this is not amnesty, this is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people. It is the right thing to do.

The DREAM Act, if you do a little more reading outside the right wing box, specifically makes citizenship an attainable OPTION. And, unless you happen to live in a state which already allows for government subsidy programs for aliens, and there a few, there was no provision in either the President's Executive Order or in the text of the DREAM act which makes such funds available to non-citizens.

Jeez! Next thing you know, the wingnuts will piece the whole thing together: Illegal aliens will be offered full citizenship for euthanizing our grandmothers under Obamacare.

Really?

they passed the dream act?

that's news to me.

Really?

they passed the dream act?

that's news to me.

Oh, that's great! I was hoping they'd pass that.

Buried in a Denver Post article is something that should concern residents of every state.
According to the report, people legally working in the U.S. (including illegal aliens given
amnesty by Obama) are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are a Colorado employer expect your unemployment assessment to go up...

Illegal Aliens Will Collect Unemployment Benefits Under Obama Amnesty | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®
That's on the state of Colorado.

Why do you hate states rights?

"Big whoop"? Tell that to the thousands and thousands waiting, working, and paying to try and come here the proper and moral way, you shit. Tell that to the millions who would love to become citizens but are NOT violating our sovereignty to do so. Try to think beyond your knee-jerk lefty bullshit once in a while.

If they are paying taxes like all other employees, then they should be covered by unemployment. My issue with illegals is that they receive services that are paid for by taxpayers, but they don't pay taxes because they get paid under the table. If they are given amnesty and are paid legally, then they will pay taxes, which should be what we want. I know there are quite a few of you on this forum who actually are delusional enough to believe that we are going to deport 12 to 20 million illegals, but the fact is that is just never going to happen, so we ought to be looking at some real solutions to the problem rather than talking about something that is never going to happen.

I agree. No way are we ever going to get rid of the illegals in this country. Some of them have been her for decades. I would love to see every last one of em kicked the hell out but it ain't gonna happen.

We do need to SECURE THE FUCKING BORDER to stop any more coming in. The fucking clowns in DC are more concerned witht he Hispanic vote then what these illegals cost we taxpayer in social services.

They also need to end the anchor baby bs. That ammendment needs an ammendment stating that to be a citizen of this country at least one of your parent has to be a citizen. No other country in the world recognizes everyone born in their country as a citizen. That ammendment was put in to recognize the children of AA as citizens, not every Tom, Dick and Harry born here.

What a stupid thread... I'm wondering if anyone bothered reading the article that the o/p's article relies on in raising this issue.

There is nothing there that implies eligibility for unemployment insurance.

more fauxrage from the racists *shrug*

What 'race' are you referring to?

They also need to end the anchor baby bs. That ammendment needs an ammendment stating that to be a citizen of this country at least one of your parent has to be a citizen. No other country in the world recognizes everyone born in their country as a citizen. That ammendment was put in to recognize the children of AA as citizens, not every Tom, Dick and Harry born here.

Good luck trying to amend the Constitution.

Yeah. I know how tough it is but it is done.

An Ammedment to address anchor babies both within the US and our territories is simple Common Sense. Oh wait. I forgot its the Clowns in DC. No common sense there. Never mind.

Forum List

Back