Illegal Goes to Jail, Her Child Gets Adopted

I've never heard of parental rights being terminated solely because the parent was in jail. It seems the judge acted b/c the mother was going to be deported after she got out.

I don't like this...

I don't like this either, but this is the problem we have created for ourselves by continuing to allow the citizenship of anchor babies. While some have called for an outright denial of citizenship to these anchor babies, I have a different thought. These children really are dual citizens. They have a right to American citizenship, but they also have a right to citizenship to the countries from which their parents originate and have full citizenship.

So, instead of denying these kids citizenship completely, why don't we make their full rights of citizenship effective when they turn 18 or 21? This way, they can be raised in their parents country as their parents are deported. When they turn of age, then they can make a choice to complete their citizenship at that time, if they so choose. Either way, it is something worth discussing.

I may not completely agree with that specific solution... but you did indeed pinpoint the crux of the issue... the citizenship of the anchor babies

'I understand the issue of allowing him back at 18, but what i don't understand is why they didn't just apply for citizenship for her based on the child's.'

Let's see if you can understand it THIS way: BECAUSE THE CHILD HAS TO BE 18 (ADULT) BEFORE THE PARENT CAN APPLY FOR LEGALIZATION ON 'HIS BACK'.....DUH! No likee? Then fight to change the law!

Yesterday on the Ron Reagan show (Air America Radio) they were talking about an illegal alien woman who lied to immigration officials and was given one year in jail. She had a kid, and the kid went to a foster home, and then was adopted.

That's messed up. I understand sending the kid to a foster home, but they should not have put that kid up for adoption. Unless there is something about her we don't know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/us/23children.html?_r=2

A famous saying comes to mind. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time! She broke the law with a child between the age of 1-2! A child that young needs a sable home, NOT a foster home! If she didn't want to take the chance of losing her child she should not have broken the law and entered America illegally. Bottom line: People in this women's predicment got their through their own actions and have no one to blame, but themselves. I have sympathy for her on the fact it must be very very hard to lose you child, but I don't have sympathy due to the fact that her pain is self-inflicted. End of story!

We are all looking for reasons. Reasons to support or bash illegal aliens. I wasn't, I rather, I am living in a area that illegals are MORE than just a hypothetical moral question, an invading army from the planet Anus. If I wasn't affected, I would feign moral indignation and the world would just keep spinning on it's axis unaffected. They brought this shit to me, not the other way ,round. So, can anyone tell me, why can't they just immigrate LEGALY and all that? NO?

What? Do it legally??? They don't want to wait in line! And why should they when all they have to do is jump a fence, swim across a river, cross the desert and bingo they are here! Then, as in CA, they can march themsleves to the nearest welfare office and apply for food stamps! And if they get sick, just go into the nearest ER in any hospital and be treated for free. Let's not forget making sure they register at the nearest school for their free education. Then the school will give them free lunch, dental, eye glasses, etc. Why would anybody want to come to this country LEGALLY????? Are you people nuts???!!!

Forum List

Back