Illegal Goes to Jail, Her Child Gets Adopted

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by sealybobo, Apr 24, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    Yesterday on the Ron Reagan show (Air America Radio) they were talking about an illegal alien woman who lied to immigration officials and was given one year in jail. She had a kid, and the kid went to a foster home, and then was adopted.

That's messed up. I understand sending the kid to a foster home, but they should not have put that kid up for adoption. Unless there is something about her we don't know.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/us/23children.html?_r=2

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    I've never heard of parental rights being terminated solely because the parent was in jail. It seems the judge acted b/c the mother was going to be deported after she got out.

I don't like this...

3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    CARTHAGE, Mo. — When immigration agents raided a poultry processing plant near here two years ago, they had no idea a little American boy named Carlos would be swept up in the operation.

One of the 136 illegal immigrants detained in the raid was Carlos’s mother, Encarnación Bail Romero, a Guatemalan. A year and a half after she went to jail, a county court terminated Ms. Bail’s rights to her child on grounds of abandonment. Carlos, now 2, was adopted by a local couple.

In his decree, Judge David C. Dally of Circuit Court in Jasper County said the couple made a comfortable living, had rearranged their lives and work schedules to provide Carlos a stable home, and had support from their extended family. By contrast, Judge Dally said, Ms. Bail had little to offer.

“The only certainties in the biological mother’s future,” he wrote, “is that she will remain incarcerated until next year, and that she will be deported thereafter.”

I want to make two points.

1. Let this be a warning to illegals. Go home.

2. Give this poor woman her child back, but send both of them back to Guatemala.

Ok, one more thing. He's an American, so he can come back when he's 18.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    Is Poultry Processing work that American's won't do? Is it so bad? I remember Tyson Chicken was raided too. What's with all these poultry plants?

5. LaLinda75

LaLinda75 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It is wrong - but look at the source of the story - The New York Times......they are a joke. I would take this article with a grain a salt. Investigate for yourself and you will find that the NYT left something out to conjure up pity for these people who come into this country illegally and create a lot of problems for the USA. The ONLY thing that will stop abuses from happening is to stop all of these people at our borders AND do away witht he Baby Anchor Law!!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    I agree. So what she's being deported? Let the kid go with her when that day comes. Remember Alien Gonzales? Whatever his name was, the kid from Cuba who's mother brought him over on a raft? Some people acted like it was more important that he remain in America than going back to Cuba to be with his father.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,223
    Sorry, I couldn't find anything on Fox News.com

Which means there is no other side to this story. This isn't a political story. This is a story about a fucked up situation.

And I want to point out to you that we do not have an illegal immigration problem so much as we have an illegal employer problem.

Who are these employers, and who exactly do you think is protecting them? I think it is republicans. This issue has devided your own party babe.

Today's Immigration Battle: Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

You should enjoy this article.

8. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    cheap labor.

10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    The problem is deporting a citizen...

I understand the issue of allowing him back at 18, but what i don't understand is why they didn't just apply for citizenship for her based on the child's.