Ignorant people bitching about Medicare... READ this and please repudiate!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The average physician spends over 10% of his or her career consumed in defense of an open malpractice claim. For the average neurosurgeon, that number is 25%—that’s a quarter of a career dealing with the intense emotional stress of defending your reputation and livelihood.

U.S. Doctors Spend Too Much Time Getting Sued

Now what does this have to do with Medicare???

A) idiots who don't know crap about how Medicare works WANTS Medicare for ALL!!!
B) These same idiots don't seem to comprehend the major villains in this wasteful idiotic idea
are major waste of money known as "Defensive Medicine"... $1 trillion a year waste!
C) Solution:
Tax lawyers that have caused not only physicians like the above that waste between 10 to 25%
of their time consumed in defending their practices BUT these same physicians tell us
$1 trillion a year is wasted TRYING to prevent these frivolous lawsuits!

Now please tell me that these physicians ARE wrong. That they DON"T spend Medicare/private health insurance claim payments on "DEFENSIVE MEDICAL practices" as this study shows.

defensivemed063917.png

The average physician spends over 10% of his or her career consumed in defense of an open malpractice claim. For the average neurosurgeon, that number is 25%—that’s a quarter of a career dealing with the intense emotional stress of defending your reputation and livelihood.

U.S. Doctors Spend Too Much Time Getting Sued

Now what does this have to do with Medicare???

A) idiots who don't know crap about how Medicare works WANTS Medicare for ALL!!!
B) These same idiots don't seem to comprehend the major villains in this wasteful idiotic idea
are major waste of money known as "Defensive Medicine"... $1 trillion a year waste!
C) Solution:
Tax lawyers that have caused not only physicians like the above that waste between 10 to 25%
of their time consumed in defending their practices BUT these same physicians tell us
$1 trillion a year is wasted TRYING to prevent these frivolous lawsuits!

Now please tell me that these physicians ARE wrong. That they DON"T spend Medicare/private health insurance claim payments on "DEFENSIVE MEDICAL practices" as this study shows.

View attachment 223320
/----/ Mention Tort Reform to a Libtard and they scream bloody murder. The trial attorneys own the DNC.

The Swiss have the best Health Care System in the Known Universe.

And it's cheap.

dimocrap scum leadership know this but they won't inform their sheep followers through the LSM.

What we need is MANDATORY Health Insurance, not goobermint-run Health Insurance.

Medicare is a fucking disaster.

You want Private Doctors to spend less time on frivolous lawsuits?

How about protecting them from SCUMBAG LAWYERS.

96% of whom are dimocrap scum

Of course the Medical Establishment wants us to believe that the high cost of U.S. health care is not *their* fault -- it's ours. Guess what? They are lying. Thanks to so-called tort reform, it is incredibly difficult now to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. As a member myself of that establishment, I have seen grievous incidents where clearly a physician and/or the institution was at fault, yet nothing came of it. If you're interested in discovering why our costs are so high, just take a look around you. If you live in a city with one or more hospitals, check out what's going on with them. Chances are that they are busy adding on, enlarging their buildings, or -- in the case of our smallish town of <25K residents -- building an entirely NEW hospital while the current one is low on patient census! Who's paying for that? One word: Us.

Of course the Medical Establishment wants us to believe that the high cost of U.S. health care is not *their* fault -- it's ours. Guess what? They are lying. Thanks to so-called tort reform, it is incredibly difficult now to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. As a member myself of that establishment, I have seen grievous incidents where clearly a physician and/or the institution was at fault, yet nothing came of it. If you're interested in discovering why our costs are so high, just take a look around you. If you live in a city with one or more hospitals, check out what's going on with them. Chances are that they are busy adding on, enlarging their buildings, or -- in the case of our smallish town of <25K residents -- building an entirely NEW hospital while the current one is low on patient census! Who's paying for that? One word: Us.

Hey don't disagree about these hospitals doing that unnecessary building WHILE spending money on advertising! Right.
Have you ever heard of EMTALA? I would hope you have because that is PART of the problem you described... hospitals having to charge as this hospital CEO said: As one hospital CEO when asked "How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured?
His answer: " Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers."
http://classic.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pdf

But you have ignored the premise that the physicians are complaining about. Tort reform DID work in 1946 with the Federal Tort Act as the survey showed with less than 50% of the respondents that were Federal doctors DIDN"T practice defensive medicine.
But when "Tort reform" came up in Obamacare it was discarded! Now it is a state issue and 33 states have some form...
but read what physicians still experience: The Medical Malpractice Rundown: A State-by-State Report Card - Emergency Physicians Monthly

I'm all for fewer laws and taxing lawyers seems to be the last resort because Obama wanted to bankrupt 1,400 companies, layoff 450,000 people and
lose $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local tax revenue for some stupid rationale that there were 46 million uninsured Americans and half of all Americans having no insurance because of "pre-existing conditions"... both totally fabricated lies by what AN attorney, Obama who would never look at the real reasons.

And I agree there are "grievous" incidents... How many? 1,000? 100? how many.. then multiply that by the realities of biased information that precedes these lawsuits brought by lawyers who ONLY look for their income! Why are 90% lawsuits settled out of court?Medscape: Medscape Access
Because the insurance companies find it cheaper to pay out then raise premiums.
So lawyers KNOW this and therefore file frivolous lawsuits which then cast a doubt on those like you mentioned the few that are truly "grievous".
That's what you as a lawyer should be working for as an American... figure out how to scrub those nefarious ambulance chasers so truly "grievous" lawsuits
are legitimate!

So lawyers KNOW this and therefore file frivolous lawsuits which then cast a doubt on those like you mentioned the few that are truly "grievous".
That's what you as a lawyer should be working for as an American... figure out how to scrub those nefarious ambulance chasers so truly "grievous" lawsuits
are legitimate!

I think you misread my post. I am a health care provider, not an attorney. You're absolutely right, btw, that hospitals/providers are passing along the cost of the uninsured to those of us who are paying customers. Want to end that? Ditch the ACA and go to a Medicare-like single-payer system like most civilized nations have. Institute pricing controls, particularly on pharmaceuticals.

Here is a case for you to ponder. A middle-aged man (age 55) gets a prescription from his physician for Z-pak, a broad-spectrum antibiotic, for a lingering upper respiratory infection with mild fever. Two hours after taking the first dose, he wakes up unable to catch his breath. His wife calls 911. She rides in the ambulance with him to the ER. On the way there he stops breathing. He is in full respiratory arrest upon presentation to the ER. He is also the only patient that night. The ER doc, flight nurse stationed there, and ER staff rush around starting an IV and trying to intubate him to get an airway going. The ER physician vanishes. The wife calls their daughters to please come to the hospital which they do. They observe the ER doc going into a room down the hall, where there is a cot and table. He doesn't return. After 50 minutes of unsuccessfully trying to get an patent airway by the nursing staff, the man's heart stops. Now he is in full code. One staff member begins CPR while another yells for the physician. Finally a staff member runs down the hall and makes the physician attend the dying man. A dose of epinephrine is finally administered, his heart is restarted, he is finally intubated, and flown off to a hospital with a higher level of care. The wife goes home with the daughters, then drives the 35 miles down to the hospital. She finds her husband in the ICU on life support. The following day she is present when an EEG is performed. There is almost no movement of the needles, indicating brain death. The decision is made to remove the man from life support. His heart stops within minutes. The following week, the wife goes to the first hospital and requests all records pertaining to that night, and receives them. Because she herself is a health care professional, she's already aware that this code went terribly wrong. She takes the records to an attorney that a friend recommends. She never hears a word back. She takes the records to three other attorneys with the same results. Finally she finds one who agrees to accept the case. The reason why the previous attorneys declined? One bluntly told the wife that the man had so little income that it wasn't worth his while; apparently the potential earnings and net worth are what malpractice awards are based on -- and thus the attorney's take. The attorney who she hires confirms this. The attorney also explains that had the wife waited a few more months to file suit, the case wouldn't have been taken on by *any* attorney due to tort reform recently passed by the state. That reform requires that a physician of "equal standing" certify that the treatment received was outside the standard of care, as well as other requirements.

In the end it turned out that the ER physician was addicted to Vicodin. The tiny rural ER where he ended a man's life due to negligence (murder, in the mind of the family) was his seventh position in the last 10 years prior to this event. He had been fired from the previous six, lost his license to practice, gone to rehab, and supposedly was "cured." Why did he keep ignoring the patient and going in that room? He admitted in deposition that he was sleeping it off. How did he keep getting new hospital jobs? He used other people's urine to pass the drug screens. He ended up settling the malpractice suit out of court -- four years later -- and currently works in yet another rural hospital. How do I know about this case? I was that good man's wife.

Forum List

Back