A great example of our oppressive government

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
Government is always oppressive. The US government is bat shit crazy oppressive.

We supposedly have a Bill of Rights that says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Here we have the filthy ass government sending a man to jail for keeping arms.

He is not a criminal. He has never used the firearm for any criminal purpose. His only crime was possession.

This is the kind of oppression we get when we allow the govenment thugs to take away our right.

Decorated Vietnam Veteran, POW Sentenced To 7+ Years For ‘Mistake’ Made Decades Ago

Decorated Vietnam Veteran, POW Sentenced To 7+ Years For ‘Mistake’ Made Decades Ago

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – A decorated Vietnam War hero from Plano is going to prison for a crime he committed decades ago.

Alfred Pick was sentenced by federal judge District Judge Marcia A. Crone to seven years in prison for a mistake he made nearly 40 years ago — buying a fully automatic gun that’s illegal for citizens to own. The rifle was similar to the one Pick had in the Army where he served as a lieutenant.

“This gun was very rare at that time it was rare to see one so he instantly had a connection to it,” said Pick’s attorney Ryne Sandel. “Over the course of his life he and his wife and collected about 14 weapons, many of them were collectors items.”

Pick lived in Plano’s Air Park neighborhood along with other pilots who enjoy a runway right outside their homes. The 70-year-old Vietnam veteran even served as the president of his homeowners association. Thus, when the ATF raided his home last year it came as a shock to friends like Mark Shackelford.

“He’s always been a good person to me,” Shackelford said.

Shackelford learned later that authorities were looking for and seized an M14 rifle that Pick had bought at a Fort Worth gun show in the early eighties.

“He was a gun collector and it was probably the piece de resistance of his collection… he had shown it to me. I’ve never seen it taken it out of the case,” said Shackelford.

The raid and arrest on Pick’s Plano home came two weeks after his wife of 40 years died of cancer. They were using marijuana, which authorities found and added another criminal charge.

Friends of the vet showed up to support him after he pleaded guilty in a Plano federal courtroom and was sentenced to 87 months in prison by a judge.

“He’s had it all these years never robbed a bank or done anything with it,” said Shackelford. “Somebody that made one mistake and now 50 years later, he’s paying a really big price for it.”

More than 40 years ago, Pick was awarded the military’s third highest honor, the Silver Star, after more than 100 combat missions and for a short time he was a POW.

Factors that his friends and attorney say should have led to a lighter sentence.

“He’s a really remarkable man to be honest,” said Sandel. “I do think it’s unfortunate for a gentleman like Alfred that’s had such an outstanding life to have it mired at the age of 70 by this federal felony.”

“The man is a Silver Star winner, he saved lives, he took care of his wife, he’s been in custody for a year, I would think that when a man turned 70 and is an American hero you don’t destroy the rest of his life for one mistake,” said Shackelford.

Government is always oppressive. The US government is bat shit crazy oppressive.

We supposedly have a Bill of Rights that says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

He is not a criminal. He has never used the firearm for any criminal purpose. His only crime was possession.

This is the kind of oppression we get when we allow the govenment thugs to take away our right.

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – A decorated Vietnam War hero from Plano is going to prison for a crime he committed decades ago.

Alfred Pick was sentenced by federal judge District Judge Marcia A. Crone to seven years in prison for a mistake he made nearly 40 years ago — buying a fully automatic gun that’s illegal for citizens to own. The rifle was similar to the one Pick had in the Army where he served as a lieutenant.

“This gun was very rare at that time it was rare to see one so he instantly had a connection to it,” said Pick’s attorney Ryne Sandel. “Over the course of his life he and his wife and collected about 14 weapons, many of them were collectors items.”

Pick lived in Plano’s Air Park neighborhood along with other pilots who enjoy a runway right outside their homes. The 70-year-old Vietnam veteran even served as the president of his homeowners association. Thus, when the ATF raided his home last year it came as a shock to friends like Mark Shackelford.

Shackelford learned later that authorities were looking for and seized an M14 rifle that Pick had bought at a Fort Worth gun show in the early eighties.

“He was a gun collector and it was probably the piece de resistance of his collection… he had shown it to me. I’ve never seen it taken it out of the case,” said Shackelford.

The raid and arrest on Pick’s Plano home came two weeks after his wife of 40 years died of cancer. They were using marijuana, which authorities found and added another criminal charge.

Friends of the vet showed up to support him after he pleaded guilty in a Plano federal courtroom and was sentenced to 87 months in prison by a judge.

“He’s had it all these years never robbed a bank or done anything with it,” said Shackelford. “Somebody that made one mistake and now 50 years later, he’s paying a really big price for it.”

More than 40 years ago, Pick was awarded the military’s third highest honor, the Silver Star, after more than 100 combat missions and for a short time he was a POW.

Factors that his friends and attorney say should have led to a lighter sentence.

“He’s a really remarkable man to be honest,” said Sandel. “I do think it’s unfortunate for a gentleman like Alfred that’s had such an outstanding life to have it mired at the age of 70 by this federal felony.”

“The man is a Silver Star winner, he saved lives, he took care of his wife, he’s been in custody for a year, I would think that when a man turned 70 and is an American hero you don’t destroy the rest of his life for one mistake,” said Shackelford.
Good. About time we started enforcing the gun laws we already have, is what NRA supporters say. Isn't it?

Good. About time we started enforcing the gun laws we already have, is what NRA supporters say. Isn't it?

Sure, libs are all about following laws.

• Banned

The Bill of Rights says that right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed so why should the mere possession of an arm be a crime? Is it because the government thugs don't understand what "shall not be infringed" means or is because they don't give a shit about our Liberty?

Why do we let t he government take away our freedom? We are dumbshits, aren't we?

Seven years because he didn't pay a $200 tax 38 years ago? Is the judge's name Javert?

8th Amendment issue.

Are you implying that the right to bare arms should be beyond regulation?

The Bill of Rights says that right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed so why should the mere possession of an arm be a crime? Is it because the government thugs don't understand what "shall not be infringed" means or is because they don't give a shit about our Liberty?

Why do we let t he government take away our freedom? We are dumbshits, aren't we?
That's for the ballot box to decide. Our legislators made that law and law abiding gun owners need to be responsible for following it. If all PD would strictly enforce the laws on the books, we wouldn't have quite such a big problem with illegal firearms.

Alfred Pick was sentenced by federal judge District Judge Marcia A. Crone to seven years in prison for a mistake he made nearly 40 years ago —

Seven years because he didn't pay a $200 tax 38 years ago? Is the judge's name Javert?

8th Amendment issue.

The rifle was similar to the one Pick had in the Army where he served as a lieutenant.

8th Amendment issue.
No, seven years for buying a fully automatic gun that’s illegal for citizens to own.
So says the article.

I

Ignorant nonsense.

Government enforcing just, proper, and constitutional laws is not government being "oppressive."

That's for the ballot box to decide. Our legislators made that law and law abiding gun owners need to be responsible for following it. If all PD would strictly enforce the laws on the books, we wouldn't have quite such a big problem with illegal firearms.
Correct.

Such laws reflect the will of the majority of the people, and have not been invalidated by the Supreme Court.

I m sorry but the purpose of the Bill of Rights is to establish rights that the ballot box can't take way.

Go look it up.

Alfred Pick was sentenced by federal judge District Judge Marcia A. Crone to seven years in prison for a mistake he made nearly 40 years ago —

8th Amendment issue.

The rifle was similar to the one Pick had in the Army where he served as a lieutenant.

8th Amendment issue.
No, seven years for buying a fully automatic gun that’s illegal for citizens to own.
So says the article.
What did you find funny in my post, Billy_Kinetta ?

I see the oppressive fascist state coming from the raid itself.

7 years is awful harsh for a 70 year old silver star recipient.

8th Amendment issue.

8th Amendment issue.
So says the article.

Let me educate you a little bit Moon Bat.

It is legal to own a fully automatic gun. You have to pay a filthy $200 tax and the gun has to be on the filthy register.

This guy owned a M-14. I don't know if it was fully automatic or not but it was probably at one time a F-A rifle.

A F-A M-14 is a worthless rifle. You cannot control it on F-A. That is the reason the military switched from the M-14 to the M-16, so that they could have a controllable F-A main battle weapon.

They sell a semi auto version of it. They are called M1As. I have two of them. They are a great rifle in semi auto. I suspect the guy has never fired his rifle in full auto. I suspect he used it just like I use my M1As.

He has never committed a crime with it and it is used like a perfectly legal rifle.

Why should he go to jail for the mere possession of the rifle? That is oppression big time.

If we have asshole politicians that ignore the Bill of Rights that says very clearly that the government cannot infringe upon those rights then the Bill of Rights is not worth the paper it is written on, is it? We don't really have a Constitutional Republic, do we?

I

Ignorant nonsense.

Government enforcing just, proper, and constitutional laws is not government being "oppressive."

This is not just the filthy government passing oppressive laws. It is the government passing laws that are against the Bill of Rights.

You do understand what the Bill of Rights is all about, don't you? Do I need to explain to you what the Bill of Rights is all about? You do know that it limits what the filthy government can do, don't you?

Correct.

Such laws reflect the will of the majority of the people, and have not been invalidated by the Supreme Court.

You are really confused about this aren't you Moon Bat?

The Bill of Rights restricts the oppression the majority can inflict upon the American people.

You don't know that, do you?

What about the Navy guy who took pix of the sub he was on. 5 years...Hilly 0 years for selling Nuke Material to Russia. Think Russia might send it back to us.....say with a Nuke bonb.

8th Amendment issue.

8th Amendment issue.
So says the article.

Let me educate you a little bit Moon Bat.

It is legal to own a fully automatic gun. You have to pay a filthy $200 tax and the gun has to be on the filthy register.

This guy owned a M-14. I don't know if it was fully automatic or not but it was probably at one time a F-A rifle.

A F-A M-14 is a worthless rifle. You cannot control it on F-A. That is the reason the military switched from the M-14 to the M-16, so that they could have a controllable F-A main battle weapon.

They sell a semi auto version of it. They are called M1As. I have two of them. They are a great rifle in semi auto. I suspect the guy has never fired his rifle in full auto. I suspect he used it just like I use my M1As.

He has never committed a crime with it and it is used like a perfectly legal rifle.

Why should he go to jail for the mere possession of the rifle? That is oppression big time.

If we have asshole politicians that ignore the Bill of Rights that says very clearly that the government cannot infringe upon those rights then the Bill of Rights is not worth the paper it is written on, is it? We don't really have a Constitutional Republic, do we?
You can justify it and argue over it all you want, but he owned a gun that is illegal for citizens to own, according to the article. You say it is legal, he just forgot to pay his tax? Really? Where does it say that in the article?

Forum List

Back