If you're Pro Gun do you carry?

If not, why not?

I will admit that many times I leave Karl in the truck and run in and out of a store or while I'm at work. I did downsize to a Walther 9mm (I call it Karl) because the Springfield .45 XD is just a lot of gun unless we are in the winter season and a coat is comfortable.

The main reason I ask is because of the 2 most recent shooting in TX of all places, where we are known for hauling guns everywhere we go. I was amazed at how these 2 assholes did not have a single round returned at them until police arrived. Of course I wasn't at either place and have no idea what the scene looked like, nor am I the sort to run towards gunfire.

I know at least 1/3 of the people in the country are at least Pro-Gun enough to own more than a .38 or 12Ga. What I wonder is why there aren't a lot more people carrying. When the founders wrote the COTUS, I think they expected most of the God fearing law abiding good citizens would have weapons handy when some rouge turd reared it's head. It seems to me that we ended up complacent as a society when most of the rouge turds got put down quickly by regular people and police. So many people stopped encumbering themselves with a Colt SAA .45 or a 1911.

By the 1960's we forgot that we are a nation of militia, that every man is supposed to be trained and supposed to be ready to put down nefarious assholes. So if you are pro-gun, why do you not have a LTC if you can get one, or if you even need one? Why aren't more people carrying? I can usually spot a fellow carrier by how they're dressed and I do believe we need the government to promote the concept that the public is responsible for their safety. We need High Schools to teach seniors how to safely handle weapons in order to graduate, and teach them tactics of self defense, how to de-escalate conflict, and how to respond to aggressive criminals.

We would wipe out these mass shootings completely if we as a society could count on 1 in 3 or even 1 in 5 people having the capacity to engage in and win a gunfight.

Plus all the bed wetters would flee to Canada or Cuba and leave us the fuck alone.

Yes. Need it for work.

Only cowards carry
Any civilian who open-carries is asking for trouble.
If you're carrying for self defense, keep it hidden.
I'm the equivalent of a brown belt in 3 different martial arts and if someone
wearing a firearm confronts me one on one, and my adrenaline kicks in, they'll never have a chance to use it.

You'll be paralyzed before you have a chance to call 911 and
your gun will be in my back pocket.

Last edited:
Only cowards carry
wearing a firearm confronts me one on one, and my adrenaline kicks in, they'll never have a chance to use it.

You'll be paralyzed before you have a chance to call 911.

LMFAO. Nothing personal. My father loved to get into fights. So it didn't matter if he were armed or not. Every time someone says what you did, I think about the time that this kid who was a black belt struck up one of those martial arts stances and tried to move on the old man. He was armed, but instead let this guy get within striking distance and laid his ass out with one punch. He was unconscious and the old man wasn't even breathing hard.

If someone open carries, you should not presume you can take him. A lot of gun owners are fighters as well. Your attitude might cause you tremendous embarrassment. BTW, about a week ago, a guy who knows I carry was aware that I was unarmed. He is maybe 30 percent bigger than me and half my age (he is 33; I'm 62) He tried to choke me out with a leather belt. I ended up with a bruise on my right bicep. He got out of the hospital yesterday. His wrist was broken in two places and his right arm fractured. He was so embarrassed, he would not tell his family he was in the hospital and he hasn't told them what happened - as far as I know.

Rumor has it, he knew karate. I just knew how to fight. Really though, he should be thanking God I had left my weapon in front of the computer before venturing out. It was poking me in the back. When that guy was strangling me with his belt, my first reaction was to reach for my pistol. I felt my life was in danger. So, without a weapon, I had to do what I had to do. Underestimate your opponent and it might not be the wisest move you can make.

Only cowards carry

LMFAO. Nothing personal. My father loved to get into fights. So it didn't matter if he were armed or not. Every time someone says what you did, I think about the time that this kid who was a black belt struck up one of those martial arts stances and tried to move on the old man. He was armed, but instead let this guy get within striking distance and laid his ass out with one punch. He was unconscious and the old man wasn't even breathing hard.

If someone open carries, you should not presume you can take him. A lot of gun owners are fighters as well. Your attitude might cause you tremendous embarrassment. BTW, about a week ago, a guy who knows I carry was aware that I was unarmed. He is maybe 30 percent bigger than me and half my age (he is 33; I'm 62) He tried to choke me out with a leather belt. I ended up with a bruise on my right bicep. He got out of the hospital yesterday. His wrist was broken in two places and his right arm fractured. He was so embarrassed, he would not tell his family he was in the hospital and he hasn't told them what happened - as far as I know.

Rumor has it, he knew karate. I just knew how to fight. Really though, he should be thanking God I had left my weapon in front of the computer before venturing out. It was poking me in the back. When that guy was strangling me with his belt, my first reaction was to reach for my pistol. I felt my life was in danger. So, without a weapon, I had to do what I had to do. Underestimate your opponent and it might not be the wisest move you can make.
How can you underestimate some cowboy walking around in public wearing a gun like he's Starsky undercover ? He obviously wants people to fear him.

Lucky for him that pimp didn't have a pimp gun. :laughing0301:

gawdy_pistol3.jpg

My cousin Jesse grew up in the Bronx and he's half white from my uncle and half Puerto Rican from his mom....anyway he's like 'Oscar De La Hoya' , good -looking....had different girlfriends in the other boroughs. ( hooked me up with one ) :26:

Anyway, long story short, he's the one that gave me the fight fever ( even though I've only had to fight 3 times in my life - all self - defense). Back in the 70's he was my real life hero....my parents flew me up to NYC* to visit for 2 weeks in 1976 ( bicentennial 4th of July was awesome)....anyway , long story short - my cousin Jesse was a Golden Gloves boxer, 5th degree black belt in kung fu, and he was a Guardian Angel.
guardian-angels-new-york-city-subways-slashings.jpg

He wanted to be a US Marines special op but broke his leg in a climbing accident and retired early.* I loved it there so much I moved there right out of HS 4 years later. it was like a magnet ( plus I was born in Brooklyn )

Only cowards carry

How can you underestimate some cowboy walking around in public wearing a gun like he's Starsky undercover ? He obviously wants people to fear him.

Not hardly. I had a Glock 19 and it didn't hide too well. It was ridiculous to wear it under my shirt when you could see what I had on. Had to sell it and get something that actually fit my body.

I wonder if some of these kids who come to a store with a rifle would feel intimidated by a couple of guys with pistols drawn and at the ready.

Not hardly. I had a Glock 19 and it didn't hide too well. It was ridiculous to wear it under my shirt when you could see what I had on. Had to sell it and get something that actually fit my body.

I wonder if some of these kids who come to a store with a rifle would feel intimidated by a couple of guys with pistols drawn and at the ready.
You don't have one of these yet ?

You don't have one of these yet ?

I've seen those, but they take both hands to operate. They do hide the weapon pretty good for most people.

If not, why not?

I will admit that many times I leave Karl in the truck and run in and out of a store or while I'm at work. I did downsize to a Walther 9mm (I call it Karl) because the Springfield .45 XD is just a lot of gun unless we are in the winter season and a coat is comfortable.

The main reason I ask is because of the 2 most recent shooting in TX of all places, where we are known for hauling guns everywhere we go. I was amazed at how these 2 assholes did not have a single round returned at them until police arrived. Of course I wasn't at either place and have no idea what the scene looked like, nor am I the sort to run towards gunfire.

I know at least 1/3 of the people in the country are at least Pro-Gun enough to own more than a .38 or 12Ga. What I wonder is why there aren't a lot more people carrying. When the founders wrote the COTUS, I think they expected most of the God fearing law abiding good citizens would have weapons handy when some rouge turd reared it's head. It seems to me that we ended up complacent as a society when most of the rouge turds got put down quickly by regular people and police. So many people stopped encumbering themselves with a Colt SAA .45 or a 1911.

By the 1960's we forgot that we are a nation of militia, that every man is supposed to be trained and supposed to be ready to put down nefarious assholes. So if you are pro-gun, why do you not have a LTC if you can get one, or if you even need one? Why aren't more people carrying? I can usually spot a fellow carrier by how they're dressed and I do believe we need the government to promote the concept that the public is responsible for their safety. We need High Schools to teach seniors how to safely handle weapons in order to graduate, and teach them tactics of self defense, how to de-escalate conflict, and how to respond to aggressive criminals.

We would wipe out these mass shootings completely if we as a society could count on 1 in 3 or even 1 in 5 people having the capacity to engage in and win a gunfight.

Plus all the bed wetters would flee to Canada or Cuba and leave us the fuck alone.

I'm pro gun....

I'm liberal, rational, reasonable, progressive and decent.

I do NOT carry.

I think conservatives are traitors and scum.

If not, why not?

I'm pro gun....

I do NOT carry.

I don't have much for conservatives. Today's conservatives share the philosophies of the extreme liberals of the 1980s. Today's liberals are not rational, decent, honest and they would destroy the Constitution out of spite. Liberals are traitors; conservatives are useful idiots. Liberals are too stupid to thank the conservatives for helping them out.

I am not armed either behind a computer or out in public

What do you think I am? A pussy gun owner?

What you are is a potential VICTIM of violent crime. Something Those of us who go armed will never be.

I have a handgun

There are demons hiding in every shadow
Someone might break into my house in the middle of the night, I need a gun under my pillow
I am afraid in Walmart and the grocery store that someone might kill me
If someone fuks with me, I have the skill to draw my gun and kill all the bad guys....Just like in the movies

If not, why not?

I'm pro gun....

I do NOT carry.

Notice I did not mention "liberals" or "Conservatives" in this thread, because it's irrelevant.

Your response just proves you're an asshole, that's why I usually ignore you. I'm glad you don't carry, it's obvious that the public is safer that way.

Only cowards carry

You'll be paralyzed before you have a chance to call 911 and
your gun will be in my back pocket.

OK Bruce.

I have a handgun

Someone might break into my house in the middle of the night, I need a gun under my pillow
If someone fuks with me, I have the skill to draw my gun and kill all the bad guys....Just like in the movies

No, not like the movies. Not at all. The moment you draw a firearm in self-defense your life has changed forever. Even if you are in your own home and even if you never fire it.

Carrying a firearm is a massive responsibility and one not everyone can or wants to take on. It’s one that needs to be well thought through before undertaking it. It’s not a game and it can make you a target, but it is also the truest form of personal responsibility available in this country... the ability and willingness to defend yourself and take your safety into your own hands.

I am not armed either behind a computer or out in public

What do you think I am? A pussy gun owner?

What you are is a potential VICTIM of violent crime. Something Those of us who go armed will never be.

I have a handgun

No I was an actual victim of a violent crime that resulted in 3 cracked ribs, a grade 3 concussion a lacerated spleen that had to be removed surgically a fractured left eye orbital and some permanent vision impairment in my left eye.

And I wasn't carrying because I was only 18 and not eligible for a CC permit.

So don't act like violent crimes never happen

Forum List

Back