Man makes mass shooting threat. Is not arrested. Guns not confiscated.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Florida has the Red Flag law everyone is talking about. I personally think it is unconstitutional. However the stated reason for these laws is to prevent a mass shooting. So when it is not applied, we know it is either a lie, or an excuse.

Tarpon Springs officer quits after making mass shooting threat

So let me get this straight. The guy threatened to kill everyone if he did not get a promotion. He told other cops. The other cops claimed it was a joke. But he told it to several people over several days. If he had become a mass shooter, would the cops he told have been responsible?

My long held belief and one of the things I advocate for is that laws must apply equally to all. They never do, but they really need to.

Florida has the Red Flag law everyone is talking about. I personally think it is unconstitutional. However the stated reason for these laws is to prevent a mass shooting. So when it is not applied, we know it is either a lie, or an excuse.

So let me get this straight. The guy threatened to kill everyone if he did not get a promotion. He told other cops. The other cops claimed it was a joke. But he told it to several people over several days. If he had become a mass shooter, would the cops he told have been responsible?

My long held belief and one of the things I advocate for is that laws must apply equally to all. They never do, but they really need to.
Maybe this is an example of the fact that red flag laws are not used indiscriminately and there is actually a pretty high standard before someone's weapons are taken away.

Maybe this is an example of the fact that red flag laws are not used indiscriminately and there is actually a pretty high standard before someone's weapons are taken away.

They took his service weapon. Why not any others he may have? Or is it just bad form to perform the mass shooting with a department issue weapon?

Maybe your empty head will implode one day.

The democrat crime party has to keep us flooded with crime.

They took his service weapon. Why not any others he may have? Or is it just bad form to perform the mass shooting with a department issue weapon?
Again, the police are certainly familiar with the red flag laws and THEY DIDN'T FEEL THIS ROSE TO THAT LEVEL. Most didn't take him seriously anyway. To me this indicates that red flag laws aren't indisriminately used willy-nilly to take away a person's guns.
I've said it twice; I'm not saying it again.

Again, the police are certainly familiar with the red flag laws and THEY DIDN'T FEEL THIS ROSE TO THAT LEVEL. Most didn't take him seriously anyway. To me this indicates that red flag laws aren't indisriminately used willy-nilly to take away a person's guns.
No matter how often you say it, your deluded statements only show how vapid and dense you are. The cop should have had all his guns taken and charged with his threats.

its like the case I remember from 15 - 20 years ago . A lot of regular gun owners were complaining about a new law that would affect them in a negative way . A young Police guy smiled and said , he said , hey that law will not affect me or other police and government employees .

The "Red Flag" issue doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment. You can still purchase a firearm if you are red flagged but it you are under more scrutiny than you would have been if you were an ordinary citizen without mental health baggage or some minor conviction or threats. From what I understand there is no provision for confiscation in the "Red Flag" law.

No matter how often you say it, your deluded statements only show how vapid and dense you are. The cop should have had all his guns taken and charged with his threats.
--------------------------- agree , if a regular guy on the street is going to be disarmed for the same thing then Police should also be disarmed . Course , I have no use for RED Flag laws but everybody should be able to see where we as a country are headed . And I don't agree with angry but peaceful Free Speech being used as any kind of evidence against the spewer of angry speech or hate speech or what ever it is called .

The "Red Flag" issue doesn't violate the 2nd Amendment. You can still purchase a firearm if you are red flagged but it you are under more scrutiny than you would have been if you were an ordinary citizen without mental health baggage or some minor conviction or threats. From what I understand there is no provision for confiscation in the "Red Flag" law.

Florida Man Lost His 2A Rights, Thanks To Red Flag Laws And Mistaken Identity

Increase your understanding.

Again, the Red Flag law is about purchasing firearms. If y'all want to get involved in disarming or confiscation you will have to go elsewhere.

The police confiscated the weapons from a man who was known not to be the subject of the order. He just had the same name. Tell me again how this works?

Florida Man Lost His 2A Rights, Thanks To Red Flag Laws And Mistaken Identity

------------------------------ there should be NO red flag laws Old Lady .

Why is it necessary to explain the instant name check for purchasing a firearm? If you go to buy a firearm and your name turns up as wanted they will come and get you and your firearms regardless if it is a mistake. That's how it works. There is no provision for confiscation in the "red flag law".

New Topics

Forum List

Back