If you're LDS, your founding prophet was a serial adulterer who was killed in a gun battle

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Americans, disgusted by the bigamy and immorality of the LDS church, kept kicking them out everywhere they settled. The hostility between Mormons and non-Mormons eventually got so bad that Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS church, was killed in a gun battle.

Death of Joseph Smith - Wikipedia

LDS families are told to maintain a perfect, all-American, Ward and June Cleaver image, white shirts and ties for the men, dresses and high heels for the women, no tattoos, no long hair, no beards. It's all about keeping up appearances of a wholesome family religion. The reality is that LDS family life is anything but wholesome, they still believe bigamy is acceptable, and some Mormons practice it, though they call the second wife the "babysitter."

Is there anything else you would like to say to me?
Is it true that you're going to get a whole planet to yourself one day?

Sounds good to me.
Yeah sounds great. What can you do with that planet though?

Mountain Bike !!!!

I like that idea.
How about whores and wine?

No thanks.

But, my wife and kids would be great !!!!

Does that come with the deal ?

Sounds good to me.

Mountain Bike !!!!

I like that idea.

No thanks.

Do you get that even if in your heart you wish death on another human being?

Sounds good to me.

Mountain Bike !!!!

I like that idea.

No thanks.

Do you get that even if in your heart you wish death on another human being?

I don't know.

But the sooner she goes, the sooner she can be at peace.

It's going to suck if she rots alive all the while trying to protect her seat.

Joseph Smith was a serial adulterer, a polygamist, a counterfeiter, and was run out of Kirtland after fleecing the faithful with his non-bank bank, near executed in Missouri, and created a theocracy in Illinois that led to a militia unit murdering him in Carthage Jail.

we believe the family unit is eternal. But that leaves a lot of open territory after that.
Some run with some wild interpretations.
But I don't know.
So most of the wild stories are exaggerations?

What wild stories.....you mean....no mountain bike ?????

we believe the family unit is eternal. But that leaves a lot of open territory after that.
But I don't know.
Some are.
And then they're are quotes that accurately recorded but I don't necessarily believe in what was said.

But I don't know.
Some are.
And then they're are quotes that accurately recorded but I don't necessarily believe in what was said.
Interesting. I don't really know much about the LDS.

Joseph Smith was a serial adulterer, a polygamist, a counterfeiter, and was run out of Kirtland after fleecing the faithful with his non-bank bank, near executed in Missouri, and created a theocracy in Illinois that led to a militia unit murdering him in Carthage Jail.
Thank You for your non-partisan diatribe.

LDS families are told to maintain a perfect, all-American, Ward and June Cleaver image, white shirts and ties for the men, dresses and high heels for the women, no tattoos, no long hair, no beards. It's all about keeping up appearances of a wholesome family religion. The reality is that LDS family life is anything but wholesome, they still believe bigamy is acceptable, and some Mormons practice it, though they call the second wife the "babysitter."

Link.

Most LDS I know are pretty cool.

The history of the Mormon Church is so crazy, that if they made it a movie, it would be a comedy-Western like Blazing Saddles.

Forum List

Back