Zone1 If your "church" doesn't go back to the time of Christ and the Apostles---how can you trust it?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
You can't.

Jesus didn't wait until Martin Luther was born, became a priest and then defected, to start His Church. Luther broke away from... what?

the Church.

That Church existed LONG before Luther... 1521 years, to be exact (the year of this 91 Theses). So what happened in those first 1521 years?

I guess: not much. So say the Protestants.

Figures, no one has a response to this. (I'm ignoring JustaLoser)

btw Protestantism is the reason we today have rampant liberalism, lawlessness and crime. It's all about "freedom" to Protestants who have, in the name of it, accepted all manner of filth and depravity

Figures, no one has a response to this. (I'm ignoring JustaLoser)

btw Protestantism is the reason we today have rampant liberalism, lawlessness and crime. It's all about "freedom" to Protestants who have, in the name of it, accepted all manner of filth and depravity
How very Christian of you!!!! ;)
Ignore is for cowards and those of lesser intellect, you have both of those covered.

Figures, no one has a response to this.

I do.
The churches that Christ described in Rev. go back to the time in question and lays out their pros and cons to look for in the end times. They are the 7 candlesticks, and Christ spoke to the angels of those churches. The Catholic Church doesn't even get an honorable mention.

I do.
The churches that Christ described in Rev. go back to the time in question and lays out their pros and cons to look for in the end times. They are the 7 candlesticks, and Christ spoke to the angels of those churches. The Catholic Church doesn't even get an honorable mention.

whatever. I'm not going there. Believe what you want. I'll say this:

The Church began to be called Catholic (Greek for Universal) in the year AD 107. It maybe was called Catholic before then but we don't have the writings from antiquity to support an earlier date. Obviously, not all ancient writings survive

Still.... name any other purported "church" that can claim to go back that far.

You can't.

whatever. I'm not going there. Believe what you want. I'll say this:

The Church began to be called Catholic (Greek for Universal) in the year AD 107. It maybe was called Catholic before then but we don't have the writings from antiquity to support an earlier date. Obviously, not all ancient writings survive

Still.... name any other purported "church" that can claim to go back that far.

You can't.

Put a sock in it punk (nomadic5). You are a deluded cultist.

What do you mean, you're not going there. The churches that Christ refers to were started by Paul. None of them had a Pope. They were all named, to avoid any confusion. None of the churches named in Rev. later turned into the Catholic Church.

Nice dodge

specifically, you dodged this

name any other purported "church" that can claim to go back that far (AD 107).

Nice dodge

specifically, you dodged this

name any other purported "church" that can claim to go back that far (AD 107).

Serious question? What is wrong with you? The ENTIRETY of the Church stared with the advent of Christ. The Catholic Church is A Church within THE Church. It is silly to say it's the only Church.

No one here can answer the million-dollar question

Name any other purported "church" that can claim to go back that far (AD 107).

Actually, the Catholic Church goes back to the time of Christ, the Resurrection

But again, a lot of ancient writings have been lost

No one here can answer the million-dollar question

Why would anyone listen to you about anything? You are narcissistic and wholly distasteful. MY Church started with the advent (the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event) of Christ, well before AD 107.

How very Christian of you!!!! ;)
Ignore is for cowards and those of lesser intellect, you have both of those covered.
Misery gives a pass to the CC for the inquisition and all of the lives that were lost because of that church. He also rejects the well documented removal of a number of books from the bible by the CC because they were unholy. Stupid is as stupid does.

You can't.

Jesus didn't wait until Martin Luther was born, became a priest and then defected, to start His Church. Luther broke away from... what?

the Church.

That Church existed LONG before Luther... 1521 years, to be exact (the year of this 91 Theses). So what happened in those first 1521 years?

So, when did the Catholic church start? What year?

Misery gives a pass to the CC for the inquisition and all of the lives that were lost because of that church. He also rejects the well documented removal of a number of books from the bible by the CC because they were unholy. Stupid is as stupid does.
Wow, such ignorance.

It is the Protestants, beginning with Luther, who threw out 7 books of the Bible

But Catholic haters, I have noticed, have never been big on having accurate information. They are quite the liberals, those folks. They think their emotion is sufficient (the emotion of hatred against the Church)

Wow, such ignorance.

It is the Protestants, beginning with Luther, who threw out 7 books of the Bible

But Catholic haters, I have noticed, have never been big on having accurate information. They are quite the liberals, those folks. They think their emotion is sufficient (the emotion of hatred against the Church)
What year did the Catholic church start?

So, when did the Catholic church start? What year?
It started when Jesus started it. I believe the Church says that it started when He died on the Cross. Or the Resurrection. Either way, we know it did not begin with the humanoid Luther in the 16th century or with Joel Olsteen in the 21st

also rejects the well documented removal of a number of books from the bible by the ----.

You still haven't answered

You can't.

the Church.

If your church only goes back to the time of Jesus, how can you trust it? Human culture began over 5,000 years ago and had divinities even then.

If your church only goes back to the time of Jesus, how can you trust it? Human culture began over 5,000 years ago and had divinities even then.
The first Church God established on Earth was the Jewish one and the Catholics kept a lot of those "perpetual ordinances" mentioned by the Jews in the Old T

Forum List

Back