If you were the god of a given religion...

Who? ... No - this is not a person - this means not to be violent. It's normal not to be violent.

Wow I am not sure I could disagree with you more. I think violence is completely natural.

Ah - Konrad Lorenz: "Das sogenannte Böse" (="The so called evil"). We need agressions - that's true. That's maybe why "labora" is also important. And for an animal violence is indeed completly normal - they sometimes don't even know what cruel violence is - they are just simple violent and cruel without any bad intention. Not so human beings - we are spiritual entities. We are part of the universality of life. We are existing in greater dimensions - not only like animals.

Now let me clarify that by saying that in most nations violence is frowned upon unless necessary,

Hmm - hope I understood this sentence.

but if you look at the history of mankind it has been a very violent history all the way back to the dawn of mankind.

A part of the history of mankind is violence. On the other side: Sometimes lived people hundreds of years in peace before suddenly came some violent idiots.

The animal kingdom is absolutely violent.

The what? ...

Want to know the most violent person of all? Mother nature...

Good grieve "mother nature" is an allegory not a person. The power and the dimension and the complexity of [mo]the[r] nature is gigantic - and without this all we could not live. But life itselve is ... unbelievable easy hurtable. We are only a wisp of wind.

that is one cold hearted serial killer.

Nature is nature. If you fall from a high building then the gravity will destroy your body in the moment when your accelerated reference system suddenly stops. But without nature - how to build a high building - how to build a body?

There is nothing we can do as a human species that could even come close to the death and destruction that bitch has wrought. :lol:

Now the allegory "mother nature" becomes important again. You are poisening your own soul by calling mother nature "bitch".

Now I agree with you that the world would be a much better place if we didn't kill.

It's not my motivation to make the world to a better place. As far as I know everyone created new hells who tried to do so. I'm just simple living in the best of all possible worlds - and within this world I learned and changed some things in my life with the help of some other people and the help of god.

Unfortunately, that's just not what our history as a species suggests is realistic.

Our history is a nice history but also a history of criminals. The criminals are on the monuments.

I would certainly not murder someone, but if someone breaks into my house and threatens to harm my children or rape my wife, I am going to shoot that person until he is dead or at least until he is completely, unquestionably down for the count.

I would do the same - but in the USA lots of people are also murdering with the wrong excuse [extended] "self-defense". And in the USA some states are murdering with the wrong excuse "death penalty". In Germany in 2013 for example the police - all policemen in Germany together in the whole year - shot 42 times on persons so 8 persons died. By the way: In the moment are dying more persons in Germany because of the [american] fear on terrorism than because of real terrorism.

I applaud your sentiments and I wish we lived in a world where that was possible, but unfortunately I respectfully disagree. There is a time to kill.

No. That's wrong. God allows not to kill. If someone defends himselve and/or others it can happen that an attacker is dying as a result of the defense. Sure kills someone in this case a person - but this is a kind of boomerang-effect. Gods advise "Thou shalt not kill" is not really hurted in such a case.

Last edited:
I have no clue what these two posts mean:

... That makes sense (the last part). As George Carlin noted, they taught us in Catholic school to think. That's why we left.

What has this to do with anything what I said? Anticatholicism is a standard in the english speaking world. This has nothing to do with our schools. Wer are educating the children of god - or in political language: free citizens of a free world. Everyone is free to use his talents in good ways or bad ways. That's not a reason not to teach what's good, beautiful and true.

It's directly related to the last part of the post it responded to.. If you hadn't cut it out it would be readily available. Now you'll have to hunt it down. It refers to a well-known Carlin spiel and has nothing to do with "anticatholicism", god, or citizens of the world. If you're not familiar with the Carlin line, just don't worry about it.

... That post wasn't about neither hostility nor the Babble. It was about Ahimsa.

Well OK there was some hostility toward mosquitoes. I don't apologize for that. I kill 'em.

So "Ahimsa" is it to call the bible babble, not to apologize if no one asked for and to kill mosquitos because it's normal to kill mosquitos.

This is pure gibberish. Makes no sense at all. Again, the humor went over your head.

Yes it's been done. So let's do it again. :)

...What would you do as 'God?' Bear in mind you're subject to whatever commandments the religion has. We'll assume when 'God' kills people for example it's because they did something that was a death-penalty offense so God didn't 'murder' them as much as mete out justice.

You're God, bound to your own commandments, what do you do?

Anyone that rapes or violently murders would immediately die. In fact they would die just before doing it. But I wouldn't even make such people.

I would want friends so I would pick the best of you to come live with me but not all of you. My heaven would be like the playboy mansion.

I would have people live disease free for. 300 years. 100 too short but no one wants to live forever especially alone except me. Maybe I need a woman. But no one who lives with me will ever be equal to me. I am eternal master. No one to argue with me? Sounds horrible.

I would make the following viruses extinct. Aids, Ebola, and Malaria. That's just for openers, but I would pause for thought before wiping out anything else. Then I would make it rain in California. Then I would turn all the Russian nuclear warheads from uranium into lead. Then I would turn Mecca into dust along with every copy of the Quran.

c57e3c6f748ba3250d3c3e81bd19ced2.jpg

d82a32994cdead325130c62b3e7af38d.jpg

Here is just a couple attempts. Im not making fun of the poor mislead people but Jim Jones had his demented Rainbow family "vision"...he was also into drugs tons of women and homosexuality.
Watched the Source family recently on Netflix. Yikes....although the music was what I consider good . those poor people turned into a group of zombie freakazoids.

You too can become your own God... not.
and...

dont follow anyone named Jim lol

Forum List

Back