If you think taxes should be raised...

Cause its only poor folks who are voting Democrat, right? I mean we all know that all those urban areas like New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, LA, etc, which always vote Democrat are just desperately poor. While those incredibly rich businessmen in Alabama and Mississippi just keep their state voting red.

Actually, I'd venture to say there are more poor people in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, LA than Alabama and Mississippi....Just due to population if nothing else. That is cities in Alabama and Mississippi...Lmao

Still no answer, why has social spending went up when there has been huge social spending in the past.

Because social spending doesn't exist in vacuum. Other things in this world happen.

It stands to reason if you bring people out of poverty then there should be less spending not more. LOL

Except the feds aren't very good, nor are they very interest in, bringing people out of poverty. Thanks Republicans!

Because social spending doesn't exist in vacuum. Other things in this world happen.

Except the feds aren't very good, nor are they very interest in, bringing people out of poverty. Thanks Republicans!

Ha....your Democrats control the Senate right? Hmm..........they control appropriations right? And your Republican comment doesn't change the fact that the federal government hasn't made a dent in poverty as you claim by increasing social spending.

"Social spending doesn't exist in a vacuum" that pretty vague why don't you expound on the subject? Yes your right, other things do happen people see a system they can take advantage of and they do it.

Ha....your Democrats control the Senate right? Hmm..........they control appropriations right? And your Republican comment doesn't change the fact that the federal government hasn't made a dent in poverty as you claim by increasing social spending.

"Social spending doesn't exist in a vacuum" that pretty vague why don't you expound on the subject? Yes your right, other things do happen people see a system they can take advantage of and they do it.

What are you babbling about? Anything that matters that the dems put forth, baby bush vetoes.

Does that mean I don't think they should push the legislation at him anyway, uh yeah... but when we have a vetoproof majority and/or a dem in the white house, different ballgame.

You understand the distinction, yes?

What are you babbling about? Anything that matters that the dems put forth, baby bush vetoes.

Does that mean I don't think they should push the legislation at him anyway, uh yeah... but when we have a vetoproof majority and/or a dem in the white house, different ballgame.

You understand the distinction, yes?

Yes I do, but Bush hasn't cut social programs as Larkin claims. Social spending has increased not decreased.

Its called the presidential veto.

And do you not understand the difference between social spending and money to decrease poverty?

Money to combat AIDS is social spending, but its sure not going to decrease poverty.

Did you say per capita, or did you say more poor people? Oh ok

I said NEITHER, genius.

What I said clearly implied per capita. Richer states/areas/cities tend to vote Democrat. That is obviously per capita, not per person. Derr.

Its called the presidential veto.

And do you not understand the difference between social spending and money to decrease poverty?

Money to combat AIDS is social spending, but its sure not going to decrease poverty.

Nice deflection...but Bush hasn't slashed social programs as you suggest look at my previous post...as matter fact few have in say 60 years.

Is it your contention that spending on programs such as food stamps, welfare and other poverty laden programs haven't increased at the same rate?

Nice deflection...but Bush hasn't slashed social programs as you suggest look at my previous post...as matter fact few have in say 60 years.

We are talking about programs to address poverty. Care to tell me what combating AIDS has to do with that, or getting elderly folks flu shots?

Is it your contention that spending on programs such as food stamps, welfare and other poverty laden programs haven't increased at the same rate?

Yes.

We are talking about programs to address poverty. Care to tell me what combating AIDS has to do with that, or getting elderly folks flu shots?

Yes.

So your saying social entitlement spending isn't growing at an alarming rate? And your saying that entitilement programs such as welfare, foodstamps and other poverty programs were slashed by Bush?

I just want to make sure that's what your saying?

I said NEITHER, genius.

What I said clearly implied per capita. Richer states/areas/cities tend to vote Democrat. That is obviously per capita, not per person. Derr.

Oh ok go ahead and change your idotic statement. Sorry I usually read the words people write and try not to prejudge. But I guess you proved me wrong why I shouldn't do that.

So your saying social entitlement spending isn't growing at an alarming rate?

Medicare is, but thats because healthcare costs are skyrocketing. We aren't getting any more, just paying more money.

And your saying that entitilement programs such as welfare, foodstamps and other poverty programs were slashed by Bush?

Some where, yes.

I just want to make sure that's what your saying?[/QUOTE]

Oh ok go ahead and change your idotic statement. Sorry I usually read the words people write and try not to prejudge. But I guess you proved me wrong why I shouldn't do that.

No, you didn't read the words I wrote. You said that I said that there were more poor people in LA/San Fran/NYC etc than Alabama/Mississsippi/etc. This is incorrect. I never said such a thing.

My statements would seem much less idiotic if you actually read them and understood them as opposed to just assuming what you want to assume.

Medicare is, but thats because healthcare costs are skyrocketing. We aren't getting any more, just paying more money.

Some where, yes.

I just want to make sure that's what your saying?

No, you didn't read the words I wrote. You said that I said that there were more poor people in LA/San Fran/NYC etc than Alabama/Mississsippi/etc. This is incorrect. I never said such a thing.

My statements would seem much less idiotic if you actually read them and understood them as opposed to just assuming what you want to assume.[/QUOTE]

Medicare spending, Social Security and Medicaid spending has increased rapidly, any suggestion by you to the contrary is a lie. If you need proof I can show you.
Bush hasn't slashed social programs on the whole and you know it. So skirt around the issue and say that somewhere yes he has cut some programs, but we both know that's assnine way at dodging the question.

As far as you implying that more poor people vote in Alabama and Miss. than LA/SF/NYC that was a statement not based on fact and I outed you on it. You then show a chart that shows per capita poor people. That is about the most idotic way of you trying to keep your pride....Lmao

Forum List

Back