If you owned a business, who would you hire to run it: Obama or Romney?

Not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying you do want the government run like a corporation?

You mean where income must equal or exceed expenditures?

Yeah, that would be nice.

You mean, where competence to do a job rather then skin color or pull with the mob (Union) was the basis of hiring?

Business is very much like medicine. If a business has good vitals and you get someone who understands how to use those vitals to grow, then the business will thrive. If the business is sick, then you do what you have to do to make it well. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, the business needs to have surgery. You have to cut out the unprofitable to get back to the basics. And yes, that means that sometimes you have to remove people to make a business survive. This isn't the federal government folks, where waste and fraud is like another day in springtime (refer to the GSA for example).

Take for example the company Research in Motion. Five years ago, there wasn't anyone around that could touch them. Now, they are scrambling to survive. The Blackberry, once the standard of smart phones, has been lost in a see of iPhones, Androids and other competition. RIM did not evolve soon enough or fast enough and now they're playing catch up. The first step is to cut the deadwood. Then try to get back to being 'lean and mean'. Will it work? Maybe, like I said, a business is like the human body. And then sometimes, businesses just die. When I was young and you thought pictures there was only one company: Eastman Kodak. They hold thousands of patents and they just filed for bankruptcy. Can they be saved? I don't know. Technology and society evolve. Every phone is a camera now.

So the answer to the question is ROMNEY. He understands and has put into practice what I just spoke about. Barry is a product of and for the government. His idea of fiscal soundness is making the 1% the "boogeymen" and proposing deficit spending as far as the eye can see. Perhaps Romney can bring some sanity back to the federal government. Wouldn't it be GREAT if the government was run JUST LIKE a business?

The more I have thought about it, Romney to run it and Obama for PR, that would be a good team.

Business is very much like medicine. If a business has good vitals and you get someone who understands how to use those vitals to grow, then the business will thrive. If the business is sick, then you do what you have to do to make it well. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, the business needs to have surgery. You have to cut out the unprofitable to get back to the basics. And yes, that means that sometimes you have to remove people to make a business survive. This isn't the federal government folks, where waste and fraud is like another day in springtime (refer to the GSA for example).

Take for example the company Research in Motion. Five years ago, there wasn't anyone around that could touch them. Now, they are scrambling to survive. The Blackberry, once the standard of smart phones, has been lost in a see of iPhones, Androids and other competition. RIM did not evolve soon enough or fast enough and now they're playing catch up. The first step is to cut the deadwood. Then try to get back to being 'lean and mean'. Will it work? Maybe, like I said, a business is like the human body. And then sometimes, businesses just die. When I was young and you thought pictures there was only one company: Eastman Kodak. They hold thousands of patents and they just filed for bankruptcy. Can they be saved? I don't know. Technology and society evolve. Every phone is a camera now.

So the answer to the question is ROMNEY. He understands and has put into practice what I just spoke about. Barry is a product of and for the government. His idea of fiscal soundness is making the 1% the "boogeymen" and proposing deficit spending as far as the eye can see. Perhaps Romney can bring some sanity back to the federal government. Wouldn't it be GREAT if the government was run JUST LIKE a business?

The more I have thought about it, Romney to run it and Obama for PR, that would be a good team.

you would want someone who seems to not believe in generating a profit to run the PR for a company that operates at a profit?

Last edited:
Romeny believes in American Free Enterprise, Obama believes in 100% Failed Redistribution.

Tough call

Why would you assume that running a business is more experience than running a country?

Because running a business means being accountable. If you run out of money you go out of business.

If you run out of money while running the government you can just print more or force people to pay more taxes. No accountability

Running a business gives Romney no experience similar to running a country. When you are CEO, you make the decisions. A president must deal with Congress, international forces, public and political pressure and a global US presence. Romney has no experience in these areas.
Running a business gives you no experience in politics

When you're CEO, you have to deal with the Board, the stockholders, the customers and vendors, a subordinate structure.

On the job training is just not appropriate for the President. We tried it, it didn't work. We need to move past this One Big Ass Mistake America

I totally agree

Romney has nowhere near the experience to be President. He served one term as Massachusetts governor and found he was in over his head. Romney has no other relevant experience to warrant trusting our country to him

And Obama had more experience? Really? And yet you appear to be satisfied with his lack of satisfactory performance.

Obama is vastly more experienced than Romney

Romney has not even held a job in four years

Not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying you do want the government run like a corporation?

You mean, where competence to do a job rather then skin color or pull with the mob (Union) was the basis of hiring?

No, I commented elsewhere that balancing the books is absolutely necessary. What I'm saying is that the government isn't there to turn a profit, and I don't want it pushing for that. The government is there to protect our rights, not order us around like employees for the greater good of the 'company'. That's what I see a lot of people cheering for - as though maximizing GDP should be a goal of government.

No, I commented elsewhere that balancing the books is absolutely necessary. What I'm saying is that the government isn't there to turn a profit, and I don't want it pushing for that. The government is there to protect our rights, not order us around like employees for the greater good of the 'company'. That's what I see a lot of people cheering for - as though maximizing GDP should be a goal of government.

Oh. You mean like not telling us that we have to buy a specific product because the government thinks it would benefit others? That kind of not ordering us around ? LOL

I totally agree

Romney has nowhere near the experience to be President. He served one term as Massachusetts governor and found he was in over his head. Romney has no other relevant experience to warrant trusting our country to him

And Obama had more experience? Really? And yet you appear to be satisfied with his lack of satisfactory performance.

Obama hasn't held a job in what?, 30 years...... 40?
:eusa_clap:

No, I commented elsewhere that balancing the books is absolutely necessary. What I'm saying is that the government isn't there to turn a profit, and I don't want it pushing for that. The government is there to protect our rights,

Now I understand.

So you think that rights are granted by the government, correct?

not order us around like employees for the greater good of the 'company'. That's what I see a lot of people cheering for - as though maximizing GDP should be a goal of government.

When GDP increases, the standard of living for the commoner, the average person, increases.

While Obama seeks to make things fair by lowering the standard of living for the middle, I would prefer increasing the standard of living for all - even if that means the rich get more.

The American middle class has more purchasing power per hour of work today, than any time in history. Obama is dedicated to changing that - are you?

Now I understand.

So you think that rights are granted by the government, correct?

No. Do you?

When GDP increases, the standard of living for the commoner, the average person, increases.

While Obama seeks to make things fair by lowering the standard of living for the middle, I would prefer increasing the standard of living for all - even if that means the rich get more.

The American middle class has more purchasing power per hour of work today, than any time in history. Obama is dedicated to changing that - are you?

You seem more interested in insinuating that I'm an Obama supporter than having an actual discussion.

To the point, I don't want government manipulating the economy, for any reason. The state should enforce laws preventing theft and fraud and stay out of the financial affairs of its citizens.

I totally agree

Do you believe that Obama will make his economic stewardship these past 3.5 years the theme of his 2012 campaign?

Obama reminds me of a line from the Addams Family where Gomez is bragging how "I took control of a struggling company and in 6 months -- drove it into bankruptcy!"

No. Do you?

Dude, I'm not the one posting that government is there to give us rights.

You seem more interested in insinuating that I'm an Obama supporter than having an actual discussion.

Welcome to USMB.

You keep demanding that there is no difference between Obama and Romney. This is demonstrably false and has been demonstrated repeatedly.

To the point, I don't want government manipulating the economy, for any reason.

Too bad.

As long as there are federal income taxes and federal grants, then the government WILL be manipulating the economy.

The only option you have is to support the side that is somewhat more inclined toward free markets or the side that is actively promoting a fully state run and planned economy.

The state should enforce laws preventing theft and fraud and stay out of the financial affairs of its citizens.

I agree.

Now lets deal with reality. Romney isn't perfect, hell he isn't even any GOOD - BUT he will displace the force of utter destruction and ruin know as Barack Obama.

Time to put out the fucking fire.

Forum List

Back