If you don't believe main stream media . Where do you get news?

Kind of a paradox . Some righties don't believe main news. Which by it's very definition are time tested national news organizations .

So what's the alternative? Fringe news ?! Which by definition is hyperpartisian and untrustworthy.

So where do you get your news ?
It is not a paradox at all. Not trusting the main stream news is not the same as refusing to see what they have to say.

I get news from all over the place and main stream sources are included in that. I receive that news with the expectation that it is fraught with opinion and stretches the truth to the breaking point. If something is worth knowing (not the score of last nights game) then I go to other sources and corroborate it. If it is just a gee wiz that has little impact like last nights scores then corroborating is rather unnecessary.

The amount of corroboration that a story needs varies with weather or not the sources are very similar and how large the story is.

The key is recognizing that the various media outlets are NOT there to inform you or bring you the news - that is a fallacy. They are there to make money and that requires eyeballs on their articles. As such, they are going to editorialize the shit out of them to pander to their readers and (the largest problem of all) sensationalize the news pieces to the most extreme point necessary to get people tuned in.

The OP is making the false assumption that the MSM provides news. It not longer does; it now acts as a political operation in support of the Dems.

Soooo where do you get your news ?

I listen to what the MSM has to say that does not mean I trust everything they say. The truth is when you read a newspaper article or listen to a news caster give a story it's not that hard to tell if they are being fair and open minded or if they are pushing a specific viewpoint or political agenda.

Kind of a paradox . Some righties don't believe main news. Which by it's very definition are time tested national news organizations .

So what's the alternative? Fringe news ?! Which by definition is hyperpartisian and untrustworthy.

It is not a paradox at all. Not trusting the main stream news is not the same as refusing to see what they have to say.

I get news from all over the place and main stream sources are included in that. I receive that news with the expectation that it is fraught with opinion and stretches the truth to the breaking point. If something is worth knowing (not the score of last nights game) then I go to other sources and corroborate it. If it is just a gee wiz that has little impact like last nights scores then corroborating is rather unnecessary.

The amount of corroboration that a story needs varies with weather or not the sources are very similar and how large the story is.

The key is recognizing that the various media outlets are NOT there to inform you or bring you the news - that is a fallacy. They are there to make money and that requires eyeballs on their articles. As such, they are going to editorialize the shit out of them to pander to their readers and (the largest problem of all) sensationalize the news pieces to the most extreme point necessary to get people tuned in.

Well Duh!

The news ain't gospel . With 24/7 news there's lots of editorializing. Take shit with a grain of salt . Not that hard .

The legacy media outlets are time tested to be hyper partisan so that is entertainment

The OP is making the false assumption that the MSM provides news. It not longer does; it now acts as a political operation in support of the Dems.

Soooo where do you get your news ?

Although I doubt your sincerity, I'll treat this as a serious inquiry.

I get my news from a variety of sources - and often go from link to link to explore more details.

- Wall Street Journal
- Instapundit
- RealClearPolitics (and the various World, Markets etc. )
- SFgate.com
- Zerohedge
- Lucianne
- Investors Business Daily

And many many many websites from which the curated collections above source.

I also occasionally watch Tucker Carlson and Bret Baier's shows. In the am, I sometimes turn on Stuart Varney on Fox Business. And I check our local news stations for things like weather and local happenings.

I read your fake news and use critical thinking to reverse engineer the truth....

You?

Well Duh!

The news ain't gospel . With 24/7 news there's lots of editorializing. Take shit with a grain of salt . Not that hard .
If it is so obvious then why ask the question.

Main Street America.
The general public.
Observation.
Common sense.
Simple logic.
Reading between the lines.
Connecting the dots.

The MSM is biased, paid to distort, used as a rumor mill, deals in propaganda and misinformation, exaggerates and propagates lies, and owned by those with more to gain from false reporting than with truth.

I don't trust ANY news source 100%. I get a little here and a little there and I piece together the truth. It helps to have common sense to figure out when the mainstream media INCLUDING fox news is trying to push bullshit. I watch Fox most of the day but even then I don't agree with damn near ANY of their foreign policy folks especially about Iran or Russia. I read obscure websites and then try to find the stories on other places...no set source really. I like to get my ME news via Syrian or Palestinian or Iranian sources,I even read some Libertarian news pages.

I usually use CNN, but i just read it knowing their biases.

Same as any other site.

I will admit that I watch FoxNews in the mornings. However, I get most of my news from my daily scan of over 400 websites using Feedly, a free download for browsers.

Forum List

Back