If you didn't watch Trump's address to Congress....

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
  1. Why not?
  2. What did you do instead?

I didn't watch it for two reasons
  • I fell asleep before it started
  • I didn't care too much about what he would say because I don't believe much that he says
What I did instead...I hope I don't have to tell you.....

Didn't plan on watching it, so I went to bed.

Woke up about 11:30, and from what I've read, it was...

giphy.gif

Didn't plan on watching it, so I went to bed.

Woke up about 11:30, and from what I've read, it was...

giphy.gif

I turned on the news and I'm hearing more positive commentary than I expected to....that is what it is.

I'm going to read the transcript, which is what I prefer to do with these types of addresses anyway.

DJT's speech to Congress tonight (2/28/2017) was well planned, well written, well delivered, very inspiring, and it promised the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to everybody.

I don't believe that the DEM side of the aisle believed him though, although they did stand up and cheer a couple of times, most notably when Jews and African Americans (Negroes) were mentioned.

And the poor widow of the recently KIA'ed Navy SEAL received a long standing ovation and then two more. It was all hard on her, you could tell. She was sitting with Melania but that could not possibly have replaced her Navy Chief hubby.

There was a lot of talk and promises about ACA.

All in all it reminded me of Reagan.

They are obviously RINO kindred spirits -- Reagan and DJ Trump.

1. Why not?
  2. What did you do instead?

I didn't watch it for two reasons
  • I fell asleep before it started
  • I didn't care too much about what he would say because I don't believe much that he says
What I did instead...I hope I don't have to tell you.....

Well here's what happened and it's hilarious.

Trump is now for legalizing millions of illegals? Amazing how this works, if a Democrat would have said that Reich wingers would be shitting a brick right now--LOL

Trump's entire campaign was based on removing every illegal in this country, which is what attracted you and 99% of his supporters to him. His WALL isn't going to get built, congress will not appropriate money for a USELESS 1000 mile wall, that would have a 1000 holes and tunnels underneath it has soon as it's built. The other problem with the WALL is Indian Reservation land and private property rights.
The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels
Border patrol agent explores newly discovered US-Mexico drug tunnel with GoPro camera

As I repeatedly told everyone throughout the primary. He was for a pathway to citizenship 3-1/2 years ago and blasted Mitt Romney for losing, citing the Republican party was too mean spirited toward illegals as the cause. You ignored that, as you have everything else about Trump.
2012 FLASHBACK: Donald Trump Said GOP Was Too ‘Mean-Spirited’ Towards Illegal Immigrants
Trump supported path to citizenship, said Romney was "mean-spirited" on immigration | RedState

Not that I am against Immigration reform, but I am wondering how this is sitting with his base. This is the biggest campaign lie I have ever witnessed in my old age. That was his entire platform. Continually campaigning on kicking all illegals out of this country (while his supporters where cheering him on.) And his very first address to the nation he set his supporters butt's on fire--:blowup:

Now let's get into
GOVERNMENT SPENDING: Did we forget about the 20 trillion deficit already? His proposal is to add 10% more in military spending, while cutting foreign aid to pay for it. He's is running head strong into Mitch McConnell and several other Republicans on this who strongly disagree with this plan. I doubt that's going to get through congress.

TAX CUTS:
How do you cut taxes, increase spending and bring down the deficit--Anyone care to answer that?

OBAMACARE: They're not going to repeal and replace it. It's clear they don't even have a plan. The law has to be written & approved by both houses and then delivered to insurers by June 21st (this year) so they can write their policies for next year. Nothing is going to get done. Especially with Republicans getting at good look at their constituents in these town halls that have been kicking their ass's lately.
Republican town halls are getting very, very nasty

th

PLANNED PARENTHOOD: Wasn't there a campaign promise to cut funding to Planned Parenthood?--LOL Well after millions of women showed up for the Woman's march the day after the inauguration I guess that changed a few of their minds--LOL
Woman's march pictures
:blowup:

Trump-RINO-2016.png

Who knows? Maybe Trump will get that other Obamacare type program passed that he proposed? Child care subsidies. With Democrats taking over both houses in 2018 he may have a real opportunity to get that done.
Details of Trump’s child-care plan

DJT's speech to Congress tonight (2/28/2017) was well planned, well written, well delivered, very inspiring, and it promised the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to everybody.
The piece I saw, the last five minutes maybe, was a pile of rightard clichés read in a monotone off teleprompters. I suppose that means it was a good performance for Trump, better than his average anyway.

I had to work until 1 AM today. You'd be surprised how busy a glory hole is on a Tuesday. :dunno:

Chris Wallace of Fox News, who isn't exactly a Trump fan commented "Donald Trump became President tonight". Democrats turned tail and ran as soon as it was over. Too embarrassed to face the cameras. Great speech.

There's a new sheriff in town and he's kicking ass and taking names. Guess what, libs? You're fired.

I'm sure libs. will find something to protest.

And conservatives are just going to roll-over and love every word he uttered? Not at all, and you know that as well as I do. C'mon. If you don't have something substantive to offer, just don't post.

it promised the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to everybody.

I just finished reading the transcript. I noticed that. I stopped reading and switched to scanning when I got to this: "Everything that is broken in our country can be fixed. Every problem can be solved." I thought, "Why even say sh*t like that? Are you now addressing the nation's toddlers or something?"

And the poor widow of the recently KIA'ed Navy SEAL received a long standing ovation and then two more. It was all hard on her, you could tell. She was sitting with Melania but that could not possibly have replaced her Navy Chief hubby.

I saw that in the transcript.

Personally, I didn't care for the lachrymose undertones of that appeal....I just don't like it when officials trot out someone to inspire a national "pity party." That's just vulgar in my mind. I think it's a bit soon for him to have put her on the spot like that. But, hey, she agreed to it, so, whatever. That's on her and she's now had her "five minutes of fame." If she can live with it, I can.

Recorded it.

I'll listen/hear/read news reports today to see what the alleged high/low lights were and depending what I learn may or may not watch it all or just bits and pieces that've peeked my interest.

Recorded it.

I'll listen/hear/read news reports today to see what the alleged high/low lights were and depending what I learn may or may not watch it all or just bits and pieces that've peeked my interest.

BLAST !!!!! uhm-----the expression is PIQUED MY INTEREST----sorry,
I can't help it------I am a picky bitch

Recorded it.

BLAST !!!!! uhm-----the expression is PIQUED MY INTEREST----sorry,
I can't help it------I am a picky bitch
Appreciate the catch.

Forum List

Back