If you could do it all over again

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
How fat did the football players and cheerleaders you knew from High School get? Were you ever jealous of them? If you could reset your life would you choose to become a football player or cheerleader?

I was a football player. My wife was a cheer leader. We never became fat. Yes, I would play sports, and I am sure she would have been a cheer leader again. Why wouldn't we.

I was a burn out, no we were not jealous of them. If I could of done it all over again, the only thing I regret was not joining the Air foce when I had a chance I took a good paying job with a company car instead.

How fat did the football players and cheerleaders you knew from High School get? Were you ever jealous of them? If you could reset your life would you choose to become a football player or cheerleader?
Interesting.

I was recently talking to an old friend, All-American linebacker from LSU.

He was telling me about all the surgeries he and some other old friends have endured.

A few days later, I was thinking about how lucky I was to have no major ailments, and feeling really good, thinking, health now is a Hell of a lot better than glory then.

At that point I step out of my truck, karma got me for my thoughts, and my back locked up and kept me crippled, in bed, for two weeks and ten pounds.

Watch what you are thinking!!!

Interesting.

He was telling me about all the surgeries he and some other old friends have endured.

A few days later, I was thinking about how lucky I was to have no major ailments, and feeling really good, thinking, health now is a Hell of a lot better than glory then.

At that point I step out of my truck, karma got me for my thoughts, and my back locked up and kept me crippled, in bed, for two weeks and ten pounds.

Yep. Happens like that.

Interesting.

Yep. Happens like that.
I have just moved into the 'burbs(semi-rural) after decades of living in the woods.
I think the soft life did me in in less than a month.
I love my GF, but, I gotta buy some roaming land over there in GA.
My garden here in LA is bigger than my entire yard over in GA.
I can't believe I let myself get into maintaining two houses again.
Going to be a bitch until I sell this one and by me some decent man-quarters near the new place!!!

It's an individual thing. Some let themselves go as they get older others don't. I know former good athletes who look like crap today and folks who weren't athletic when younger who are in good shape now.

I played football and the wife was a swimmer. Training just got us used to being in shape and we adopted it as part of our lifestyles afterwards. Today we've each got our own workout routines and we golf a lot, walking the courses whenever permissible. We both enjoy exercising and being in decent shape.

Forum List

Back