If you are not Irish, you cannot celebrate St Patrick’s Day...its cultural appropriation.

Liberals, do not be hypocrites. Stay home tonight if you are not Irish. Do not appropriate the Irish culture and reduce it to green beer and corned beef. If you do....you are a fucking racist.
Why can't we just celebrate being Americans? Are they traitors to the American cultural values?
Because the OP is humorously turning the tables on the Cancel Culture pirates trying to rob Americans of their cultural heritage?

... It's more like Catholic appropriation than Irish. St Patrick was kind of an asshole. I like celebrating being Irish, but not celebrating THAT guy.

What's wrong with St. Patrick in your view to the world?

Do you even know what he's "famous" for?

I'm a German. So the asshole, who is me here, likes to know from the asshole, who are you there, why you say Patricius (*385 AD, +461 AD) was an asshole once.

Then I guess you, the German asshole, has some reading to do. Learn about St Patrick and the things he did.

... It's more like Catholic appropriation than Irish. St Patrick was kind of an asshole. I like celebrating being Irish, but not celebrating THAT guy.

I'm a German. So the asshole, who is me here, likes to know from the asshole, who are you there, why you say Patricius (*385 AD, +461 AD) was an asshole once.

Then I guess you, the German asshole, has some reading to do. Learn about St Patrick and the things he did.

No. I ask experts like you, who say "I'm Irish and St. Patrick is an asshole" and are the same time not able to explain, why they say so.

No. I ask experts like you, who say "I'm Irish and St. Patrick is an asshole" and are the same time not able to explain, why they say so.

St Patrick is "famous" for driving snakes out of Ireland. There were no snakes. What there were was "serpents of wisdom" or Druids. Legend has it that Patrick, who was not even Irish, violently pushed Christianity, driving the Druids from Ireland. That's why I'm not a fan.

St Patrick is "famous" for driving snakes out of Ireland. There were no snakes. What there were was "serpents of wisdom" or Druids. Legend has it that Patrick, who was not even Irish, violently pushed Christianity, driving the Druids from Ireland. That's why I'm not a fan.

That's why I am a fan.

That's why I am a fan.

To each their own I guess.

Liberals, do not be hypocrites. Stay home tonight if you are not Irish. Do not appropriate the Irish culture and reduce it to green beer and corned beef. If you do....you are a fucking racist.
On St. Paddy's Day, the whole world is Irish. We can let go of our petty differences.--I know you were using sarcasm, but let us rise above it.

I agree. I've been to some great St. Paddy's Day bars where you can have a great time and not be Irish. I do have some Irish in me from my Mom's side of the family but hey. St. Paddy's Day is for everyone.
I am Irish and everyone it is a compliment that you help us celebrate St. Patricks Day. While being the national day of Ireland, it should be a global festival of how if only a small way the Irish have touched your lives..

Irish people have a great sense of pride when we see the celebrations from around the world...

And by the way we celebrate 4th of July with our American friends too...

Hmm....I'm Scots. Is it OK if I drink a Green Beer and proclaim Erin Go Bragh!!!! ??

Druids? What has this story to do with druids?

Ask a biologist why snakes never lived in Ireland. I was very astonshished when I heard the first time that totally normal earthworms, which live "everywhere", are a problem in ... Hmmm I remember it was in Canada, but I'm not totally sure now ... because rainworms never lived there.

In case of this myth I would say it's a pagan myth, which has a lot to do with the ancient English speaking world, because everywhere you have a problem with snakes and "you" kill snakes without any logic - even if snakes warn and/or are not a danger at all. "You" see in this creatures of god somehow evilness - what's nonsense. Animals are not really able to be evil.

Interesting in this context is Saint Patrick's promise to the snake "Tomorrow I will let you go" and when the snake asked "When will be tomorrow?" St. Parrick answered "Tomorrow!". This shows that St. Patrick was more intelligent than a snake (and what shows by the way also a pagan character of this story).

I guess this mystical short form - a story for children - shows perhaps something what perhaps really had happenend. Perhaps they had discussed with St. Patrick (better to say with one of the Saint Patricks, because under the label "Saint Patrick" seem to exist stories about more people) about the following text of the bible. And this story was and/or is perhaps a kind of mnemonic aid to something what [¿nearly?] no one knows any longer.

Here follows now what the Christian bible says about snakes (=serpents) and Druids ... ah sorry ... serpents and Christians:

-----
Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
-----

-----

Last edited:
Why can't we just celebrate being Americans? Are they traitors to the American cultural values?
Unfortunately the America we celebrated in the past is disappearing every day we let in more immigrants from shit hole countries.

Since whites are the ones who made all that stuff Irish and Irih are white tae this silly shit and shove it. You are not racist of you aren't Irish and celebrate this day. Stop trying to make up definitions for racism. You can be white and celebrate MLK day, so just shut the fuck up.
Speaking of cultural appropriation. Straight hair seems to be common among blacks these days.
1623519087999.jpeg

If you're black you can't fly in a plane, use the internet, own a smart phone, use a toilet, use electricity, drive a car, take any antibiotics, have heart surgery, read a science book, watch tv, use air conditiong, use a microwave, listen to the radio, or well pretty much any and all modern inventions or conviences because it's cultural appropriation.

Celebrating another culture is not cultural appropriation.
Somehow people got confused about what cultural appropriation is.
For example, Black face is NOT at all cultural appropriation, and that is not why it is wrong.
Black face is wrong due to Minstrel Shows, which were the opposite of cultural appropriations.
Minstrel Shows were an attempt to make fun of Black culture, not appropriate their culture.

If you're black you can't fly in a plane, use the internet, own a smart phone, use a toilet, use electricity, drive a car, take any antibiotics, have heart surgery, read a science book, watch tv, use air conditiong, use a microwave, listen to the radio, or well pretty much any and all modern inventions or conviences because it's cultural appropriation.

Inventions are economic, not cultural.
Culture implies traditional values.
Modern inventions obviously have no traditions at all.

Since whites are the ones who made all that stuff Irish and Irih are white tae this silly shit and shove it. You are not racist of you aren't Irish and celebrate this day. Stop trying to make up definitions for racism. You can be white and celebrate MLK day, so just shut the fuck up.
Speaking of cultural appropriation. Straight hair seems to be common among blacks these days.
View attachment 500448

Straightening hair likely is cultural appropriations, but that is likely necessary and good, as one tries to deliberately avoid initiating inherent cultural bias.

On St. Paddy's Day, the whole world is Irish. We can let go of our petty differences.--I know you were using sarcasm, but let us rise above it.

Negative. If you are not Irish and you celebrate St Patty’s day, you are racist.

I am 25% Irish and it is my birthday...so I can.
My grandmother was 80% Irish. Her name was Iris. :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back