If you are not Irish, you cannot celebrate St Patrick’s Day...its cultural appropriation.

While Irish Americans are now proud to showcase their heritage, the Irish were not always celebrated by fellow Americans. Beginning in 1845, a devastating potato blight caused widespread hunger throughout Ireland. While approximately 1 million perished, another 2 million abandoned their land in the largest-single population movement of the 19th century. Most of the exiles—nearly a quarter of the Irish nation—came to the shores of the United States. Once they arrived, the Irish refugees were looked down upon as disease-ridden, unskilled and a drain on welfare budgets.

Sound familiar?
No federal welfare back then. Like I said a million times the only immigrants who were treated very badly to the USA were European. Everyone who came post Hart Cellar Act have been treated with kid gloves including illegal immigrants.
Did you ever watch the show Fung Fu Opie?

While Irish Americans are now proud to showcase their heritage, the Irish were not always celebrated by fellow Americans. Beginning in 1845, a devastating potato blight caused widespread hunger throughout Ireland. While approximately 1 million perished, another 2 million abandoned their land in the largest-single population movement of the 19th century. Most of the exiles—nearly a quarter of the Irish nation—came to the shores of the United States. Once they arrived, the Irish refugees were looked down upon as disease-ridden, unskilled and a drain on welfare budgets.

Sound familiar?
No federal welfare back then. Like I said a million times the only immigrants who were treated very badly to the USA were European. Everyone who came post Hart Cellar Act have been treated with kid gloves including illegal immigrants.
Ever here of the Chinese Exclusion Act there Opie dopey?

Sound familiar?
Every GD nationality was treated like shit Lesh. Look at the spaghetti benders?
Maybe we ought to stop doing that huh?
What? I'm half spaghetti bender. A quarter drunken fighting Mick and a cabbage roll farting Hun.

Proud of em all.

Ole Lesh. We go back what,15 or more yrs. That was me back in the day not a friend.lol Those were fun times in the days of Dizzy, UYB, and Imposter.lolol

Liberals, do not be hypocrites. Stay home tonight if you are not Irish. Do not appropriate the Irish culture and reduce it to green beer and corned beef. If you do....you are a fucking racist.

Ignore that. I hereby grant you permission to drink, fight, sing, laugh, and cry all night regardless of any unfortunate limitations of culture that separate you from the esteemed Irish people.

Liberals, do not be hypocrites. Stay home tonight if you are not Irish. Do not appropriate the Irish culture and reduce it to green beer and corned beef. If you do....you are a fucking racist.

Ignore that. I hereby grant you permission to drink, fight, sing, laugh, and cry all night regardless of any unfortunate limitations of culture that separate you from the esteemed Irish people.

The left will cancel you if you culture appropriate.

It's more like Catholic appropriation than Irish. St Patrick was kind of an asshole. I like celebrating being Irish, but not celebrating THAT guy.

The left will cancel you if you culture appropriate.

Almost the entire World has had a little Irish in them one time or the other!
I know I've done my part!

My saying is the wind even stop blowing when a Irishman is around because they ( the Irishman ) would rape the air if possible!

It's more like Catholic appropriation than Irish. St Patrick was kind of an asshole. I like celebrating being Irish, but not celebrating THAT guy.
Did you know him?

We Irish always eat corned beef & cabbage on St. Patty's day to remind us of our ancestor's suffering!

Irish didn't eat eat corned beef on St Patrick's Day, cattle were used for labor, production of milk and other dairy products. In Gaelic cattle were a symbol of wealth and sacred.

Corned beef and cabbage isn't a homeland thing for the Irish

You got no sense of humor!!!

Yes, we know that Corn Beef & Cabbage is an Irish American meal, not really an Irish meal.

But the St. Patrick's Day celebrations as a major holiday started in Boston, not Ireland, so it's also really an Irish American holiday.

Note: Ireland has been one of the largest exporters of beef in Europe for centuries. Too bad the Irish were never allowed to eat their own beef.

Last edited:
We Irish always eat corned beef & cabbage on St. Patty's day to remind us of our ancestor's suffering!

Irish didn't eat eat corned beef on St Patrick's Day, cattle were used for labor, production of milk and other dairy products. In Gaelic cattle were a symbol of wealth and sacred.

Yes, we know that Corn Beef & Cabbage is an Irish American meal, not really an Irish meal.

But the St. Patrick's Day celebrations as a major holiday started in Boston, not Ireland, so it's also really an Irish American holiday.

Note: Ireland has been one of the largest exporters of beef in Europe for centuries. Too bad the Irish were never allowed to eat their own beef.
When Was the First St. Patrick’s Day Celebrated?
Since around the ninth or 10th century, people in Ireland have been observing the Roman Catholic feast day of St. Patrick on March 17. The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place not in Ireland but in America. Records show that a St. Patrick’s Day parade was held on March 17, 1601 in a Spanish colony in what is now St. Augustine, Florida. The parade, and a St. Patrick’s Day celebration a year earlier were organized by the Spanish Colony's Irish vicar Ricardo Artur.

More than a century later, homesick Irish soldiers serving in the English military marched in New York City on March 17, 1772 to honor the Irish patron saint. Enthusiasm for the St. Patrick's Day parades in New York City, Boston and other early American cities only grew from there.

When Was the First St. Patrick’s Day Celebrated?
Since around the ninth or 10th century, people in Ireland have been observing the Roman Catholic feast day of St. Patrick on March 17. The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place not in Ireland but in America. Records show that a St. Patrick’s Day parade was held on March 17, 1601 in a Spanish colony in what is now St. Augustine, Florida. The parade, and a St. Patrick’s Day celebration a year earlier were organized by the Spanish Colony's Irish vicar Ricardo Artur.

More than a century later, homesick Irish soldiers serving in the English military marched in New York City on March 17, 1772 to honor the Irish patron saint. Enthusiasm for the St. Patrick's Day parades in New York City, Boston and other early American cities only grew from there.

Yes, the Catholic Church designated March 17 as St. Patrick's day many centuries ago, but the Catholic church has many, many days of the year dedicated to various Saints.

However, the entire world doesn't have massive parades and parties for the rest of the Saint days like we do for St. Patrick's Day.

The massive celebrations and Parades for St. Patrick's day that eventually propagated to the rest of the world started in Boston.

... It's more like Catholic appropriation than Irish. St Patrick was kind of an asshole. I like celebrating being Irish, but not celebrating THAT guy.

What's wrong with St. Patrick in your view to the world?

Last edited:

I'm not Irish, and I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

I don't drink beer (allergy to brewer's yeast), and have problems with chemical food colorings so the green beer is in no way appealing, and I'm not fan of corned beef either.

As much as I enjoy a good party, the bars here are still closed so no public parties at all.

I'm not Irish, and I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

I don't drink beer (allergy to brewer's yeast), and have problems with chemical food colorings so the green beer is in no way appealing, and I'm not fan of corned beef either.

As much as I enjoy a good party, the bars here are still closed so no public parties at all.

Why the fuck did you think anyone would care to hear that pointless, joyless bullshit? Even the other Canadians must be tired of you.

I'm not into corned beef and cabbage nor Irish music. I once spent 15 to 20 minutes on a practice green waiting for our tee time one St Patrick's Day and they had that music piped to an outdoor speaker. Definitely inhumane and United Nations should have become involved. Give me Cinco de Mayo, now there's good grub.

... It's more like Catholic appropriation than Irish. St Patrick was kind of an asshole. I like celebrating being Irish, but not celebrating THAT guy.

What's wrong with St. Patrick in your view to the world?

Do you even know what he's "famous" for?

I'm a German. So the asshole, who is me here, likes to know from the asshole, who are you there, why you say Patricius (*385 AD, +461 AD) was an asshole once.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back