“If we need to take it, we’ll take it. (America) can’t stop us,”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spare_change, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Spare_change

Spare_change Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,695

No --- but it sure embarrasses you, doesn't it?

I was stationed there with the USAF in the mid-70s. Later, I supported the SE Asia Plans division at the Pentagon. So, when I tell you that you don't know what the hell you are talking about, you can take THAT to the bank.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. Onyx

Onyx Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,088
    And when I tell you that you are a dumb fuck, you can also take that to the bank. :laugh2:

3. ding

ding Confront reality Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,699
    Well, it's a little more than that. It is a strategic supply of the world's oil. Besides are you telling me that we haven't gone to war over oil before? You are starting to disappoint me.

4. Frankeneinstein

Frankeneinstein Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,515
    No, actually they don't, and not knowing that is why you believe we can't win

No, we would launch a nuclear war, they would perish and there would be a nuclear winter that would only end all life within that region of Asia...SEE Japan

No, they cannot reach us if they do not exist...and they cannot reach us with current capabilities either. The only way to eliminate any threat to us is to eliminate the threat...would you agree?

5. ding

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,699
    No. He's not a liberal. I suspect he is an anti-colonialist or an anarchist. Either way, I don't think he has a very high opinion of America.

6. Manonthestreet

Manonthestreet Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,583
    I don't think a large scale amphibious assault under fire is possible these days........One Ohio of Tomahawks ruins your whole day.

7. ding

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,699
    Difficult for sure. I don't know if I would say impossible.

8. Frankeneinstein

Frankeneinstein Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,515

My most humble apologies, that may be the cruelest thing I have ever said to any American... I see I got the rest right though

9. ding

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,699
    "All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies, except that they’re anarchists instead of collectivists. But of course, anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet they want to combine capitalism and anarchism. That is worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism, because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. The anarchist is the scum of the intellectual world of the left, which has given them up. So the right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the Libertarian movement." Ayn Rand