If Trump ran on legalizing cannabis, how would the left respond ?

The first thing would be to recognize Trump jumped on the band wagon at the last minute, and doesn't deserve any credit because he did nothing. A lot of work went into making legalization inevitable. It's a little late for Trump to try to claim credit.

But if he get it where it is no longer consider illegal, well then he is the reason why...

I know you will scream " It's Obama Mary Jane! " while crying in your pillow...

Personally, I hope he does and I think liberals will be so confused
they truly wouldn't know what to do at this point.

Cannabis legalization is a hot topic. With the sudden boom in the cannabis industry, legalization at the national level is vital. Last week, President Trump might have dropped a hint about cannabis legalization.

Cannabis Legalization: Did President Trump Drop a Hint? - Market Realist

I would agree with him on that issue.

He did say in the campaign that he agrees with medical marijuana but he changes his positions on issues with a blink of an eye.

He has not done anything to get it legalized for anyone. He has not at least had it taken off the schedule 1 ranking of drugs.

I hope he does do something about it. I'm not going to hold my breath.
If he simply didn’t enforce the law anymore that would already be huge. We don’t need them to “legalize” it with legislation and fan fare we just need them to stop prosecuting it, and by the fact that so many states have dared to legalize against federal law and the feds aren’t fighting it kind of tells you all you need to know.

trump won't be president forever. There will be a long list of presidents after him.

Any one of them can reverse that policy.

No the federal government has not stopped marijuana prosecutions.

The DEA Seized Fewer Plants But Made More Pot Arrests in 2018, Report Says

There's good and bad news for last year.

The bad news, arrests and prosecutions for marijuana increased in 2018. Most of those arrests happened in California. A state that fully legalized marijuana.

The good news, legalizing it is destroying the black market. The government seized fewer plants in 2018 than they did in 2017.

Two things need to happen.

Marijuana needs to be removed from schedule 1 classification.

Marijuana needs to be legalized at the federal level.

I have had a prescription or what some call a "green card" since 2009. I can't go to some states and use my medication without the possibility of being put in prison. Right now I can't go to many states without the worry of being put in prison for using perfectly legal and doctor prescribed medication in my state. If I bring my own medicine with me to those states, I'm now guilty of bringing narcotics across state lines.

Plus some states that have legal medical marijuana won't recognize my perfectly legal prescription.

We can't live in a nation where people are a criminal in one state and perfectly legal in another.

Those of us who are medical marijuana patients are cut off from about half the nation.

Cannabis legalization is a hot topic. With the sudden boom in the cannabis industry, legalization at the national level is vital. Last week, President Trump might have dropped a hint about cannabis legalization.

He did say in the campaign that he agrees with medical marijuana but he changes his positions on issues with a blink of an eye.

He has not done anything to get it legalized for anyone. He has not at least had it taken off the schedule 1 ranking of drugs.

If he simply didn’t enforce the law anymore that would already be huge. We don’t need them to “legalize” it with legislation and fan fare we just need them to stop prosecuting it, and by the fact that so many states have dared to legalize against federal law and the feds aren’t fighting it kind of tells you all you need to know.

trump won't be president forever. There will be a long list of presidents after him.

Ohio Man Calls Police Department to Complain That Cops Stole His Weed

The bad news, arrests and prosecutions for marijuana increased in 2018. Most of those arrests happened in California. A state that fully legalized marijuana.

The good news, legalizing it is destroying the black market. The government seized fewer plants in 2018 than they did in 2017.

I have had a prescription or what some call a "green card" since 2009. I can't go to some states and use my medication without the possibility of being put in prison. Right now I can't go to many states without the worry of being put in prison for using perfectly legal and doctor prescribed medication in my state. If I bring my own medicine with me to those states, I'm now guilty of bringing narcotics across state lines.

Plus some states that have legal medical marijuana won't recognize my perfectly legal prescription.

We can't live in a nation where people are a criminal in one state and perfectly legal in another.

Those of us who are medical marijuana patients are cut off from about half the nation.
I didn’t say they stopped prosecuting it I’m just saying that’s all they need to do. Eventually there’s going to be too many states that legalized and the feds aren’t going to have enough support to continue fighting it. Maybe they’ll legalize it federally with a bill or maybe they won’t, but either way weed eventually isn’t going to be putting people in jail anymore. And yes we can live in a country like that. The beauty of it is that if you don’t want to live in a society that accepts a behavior you can move to a different state that suits your wants and needs better rather than be forced to have to accept all the same shit everyone else does in the country.

The first thing would be to recognize Trump jumped on the band wagon at the last minute, and doesn't deserve any credit because he did nothing. A lot of work went into making legalization inevitable. It's a little late for Trump to try to claim credit.

But if he get it where it is no longer consider illegal, well then he is the reason why...

"BUT HILLARY" posts go here.

He would lose 40% of republicans.. democrats would still hate him. He would gain 30% more libertarians
too bad the right wing got to him first.

The Top 5 Industries Lobbying Against Cannabis Legalization Will Infuriate You

tumblr_o64ig6dle41toamj8o3_500.gif

Private prison never should be allowed to exist. I'm glad they don't exist in my state.

It's not surprising that the 5 top industries are against it only for personal and financial gain.

It's disgusting.
I’m a hardcore minarchist I want as little as possible that the government controls, but prisons have no business being in the private sector. There should never be a profit motive for incarceration, ever.

Exactly.

Thank you.

Ohio Man Calls Police Department to Complain That Cops Stole His Weed

I didn’t say they stopped prosecuting it I’m just saying that’s all they need to do. Eventually there’s going to be too many states that legalized and the feds aren’t going to have enough support to continue fighting it. Maybe they’ll legalize it federally with a bill or maybe they won’t, but either way weed eventually isn’t going to be putting people in jail anymore. And yes we can live in a country like that. The beauty of it is that if you don’t want to live in a society that accepts a behavior you can move to a different state that suits your wants and needs better rather than be forced to have to accept all the same shit everyone else does in the country.

You don't understand what I said.

I said while this administration may stop. Other administrations aren't under any obligation to continue that policy. And won't. trump sure didn't.

Just take a look at both of the AGs we have had under trump. sessions came right out and said he would reverse the Obama policy of mostly leaving states that legalized it alone. All the feds did in the Obama years was prosecute people who violated the state laws. If they stayed within the state laws, the feds left people alone in the Obama years.

That was reversed when trump became president.

And the fact that arrests have increased and the most of the arrests are in a state that fully legalized marijuana further proves my point.

Sure one administration might not prosecute but another one will.

Our nation can't continue to go through that roller coaster.

It needs to be made legal on the federal level once and for all.

That's easy; the Democrats would go into a baby-tantrum "Reefer Madness" delusion screaming that a high-school-kids' mild drug like grass is the most evil, destructive thing that ever existed. Regardless of their own ideology. To these walking gangrene cases, anything that Trump supports is automatically the personification of evil.

If Trump waved a wand and turned the streets into Gold the Left would still have an unhinged maniacal hatred for him. Democrats are overtaken by evil and do not think rationally.

They'd immediately be anti-marijuana and want major crackdowns on consumption across the board

^dumb

Are you kidding? Trump turned you guys into war hawks. Anything he is for you knee jerk oppose.

Trump didn't turn anyone into war hawks.

I'm for marijuana legalization, if Trump was for that, that's cool, I'm still voting against him.
Maybe his kids will talk him into it you know ?
They seem relatively hip to what's popular .

They'd immediately be anti-marijuana and want major crackdowns on consumption across the board

^dumb

Are you kidding? Trump turned you guys into war hawks. Anything he is for you knee jerk oppose.

Trump didn't turn anyone into war hawks.

I'm for marijuana legalization, if Trump was for that, that's cool, I'm still voting against him.
Maybe his kids will talk him into it you know ?
They seem relatively hip to what's popular .

Those kids aren't hip to anything.

Forum List

Back