If Trump ran on legalizing cannabis, how would the left respond ?

Saying it and doing it are two different things.

I support legalization but I don't think Trumpybear jumping on that train would change my vote.

Now if we catch him sparking up a spliff on the golf course..........

Personally, I hope he does and I think liberals will be so confused
they truly wouldn't know what to do at this point.

Cannabis legalization is a hot topic. With the sudden boom in the cannabis industry, legalization at the national level is vital. Last week, President Trump might have dropped a hint about cannabis legalization.

Cannabis Legalization: Did President Trump Drop a Hint? - Market Realist

I am NOT confused. I don't care what his opinion is on pot. He is a despicable deplorable dirt bag. And so are you.

The first thing would be to recognize Trump jumped on the band wagon at the last minute, and doesn't deserve any credit because he did nothing. A lot of work went into making legalization inevitable. It's a little late for Trump to try to claim credit.

Wow, that's some serious rationalizing, even for you.

It would cost him probably close to 50% of the Conservative vote and ensure he’s a one term President.

Actually a large number of conservatives really don't care one way or another.

He would lose some of his supporters, and he can't afford to lose any.

The way out of that is to appeal to federalism. Just remove Cannabis from Schedule I and let the States figure it out themselves.

That way Alabama can continue to ban it, and places like NY can do what they want to legalize it.

I am NOT confused. I don't care what his opinion is on pot. He is a despicable deplorable dirt bag. And so are you.
I'm not a Republican, btw. I even voted for Obama the first time, before finally realizing
how bad the Democrats have become.

Trump is taking on the deep state which will have consequences soon
believe it or not.

Cannabis legalization is a hot topic. With the sudden boom in the cannabis industry, legalization at the national level is vital. Last week, President Trump might have dropped a hint about cannabis legalization.

No matter the left wants pot to be free so that everyone is so high that they do not mind paying 80 percent taxes

By firing up a massive bong?

President Trump is "straight edge" , drug and alcohol free, so that probably isn't going to happen.

But the left would become radically anti-grass overnight, the California State Police would be in their helicopters the next day, spraying the state's pot fields with paraquat the next afternoon.

No matter the left wants pot to be free so that everyone is so high that they do not mind paying 80 percent taxes
All about my 401k right ? Fuck everyone else.

I have a 403b actually along with Roth IRAs and a bunch of other stuff too.

Seems like quite a reversal since his Jeff Sessions Justice Department aggressively prosecuted marijuana cases

Wish our president could be consistent

:iyfyus.jpg: :1peleas: Just a few posts above you bitched that Trump never changes, that he's always wrong and never admits his mistakes, now you're bitching because he isn't consistent enough and changes his mind as new information comes in! :auiqs.jpg:

Actually, Trump never maintains a solid position. He speaks both sides of an issue depending on which way the wind blows

After El Paso, all he talked about was background checks
After getting beaten up by the NRA he changed course.

Single issue voting is a wasted effort. The entirety of a candidate must be the reason for support. If a candidate and I agree on 80% I'll sit on the unagreeable 20%.

Those who vote only because of weed or abortion or guns will never get precisely what they want.

As for legalization, I think it's inevitable. Marriage equality views changed overnight. With more States decriminalizing, legalizing in medical form and allowing recreational use, its a matter of time.

It was a generalization, but congratulations.
My investments don't rely on Wall Street, but to each their own ay ?

It was a generalization, but congratulations.
My investments don't rely on Wall Street, but to each their own ay ?
My investments are on 6 continents

CIAO

They'd immediately be anti-marijuana and want major crackdowns on consumption across the board
Yep,
It’s funny, it does not matter if you’re smoking cigarettes, cigars, vaping, marijuana, etc… Smoking anything in general fucks up your lungs. But progressives pick and choose which ones are good and which ones are bad depending on their own political views.
The point is no one should give a shit except about themselves when it comes to such things.

progressives are definitely science deniers When it politically suits them

Seems like quite a reversal since his Jeff Sessions Justice Department aggressively prosecuted marijuana cases

Wish our president could be consistent

:iyfyus.jpg: :1peleas: Just a few posts above you bitched that Trump never changes, that he's always wrong and never admits his mistakes, now you're bitching because he isn't consistent enough and changes his mind as new information comes in! :auiqs.jpg:

Actually, Trump never maintains a solid position. He speaks both sides of an issue depending on which way the wind blows

After El Paso, all he talked about was background checks
After getting beaten up by the NRA he changed course.
Lol
He was putting his place background checks are unconstitutional

As for legalization, I think it's inevitable. Marriage equality views changed overnight. With more States decriminalizing, legalizing in medical form and allowing recreational use, its a matter of time.
Racism has generally toned down too ( though it's used in the MSM to keep us divided) I live in the bible belt near what were once Sundown town - Wikipedia s ....and now you see interracial couples all the time. And though I know there are still KKK and others lurking amongst the population, their numbers very small I'm sure.

When I first moved to the south 30 years ago, those sundown towns were still very real. I personally heard the 'n' word all the time, in SC, Georgia, Texas and Arkansas...but in 30 years it's a new world...as evidenced by the recent Civil War statue removals. I still see the confederate flag now and then, usually on a redneck's chicken -truck or on a trailer park flagpole.

Forum List

Back