If Trump Controls The Mail, He Controls Democracy

I'm not concerned. I suspect I'll get my ballot in plenty of time ahead of November's election and will be sure to mail it back at least a week ahead of election day. If anybody suspects the new Postmaster General of political shenanigans then for a test they could drive to the county seat and mail themselves a letter to check on things before complaining. My guess is that the reason we're hearing complaints about the post office is that their unionized workers are upset with the loss of overtime.

their unionized workers are upset with the loss of overtime.
bullshit a hell of a lot of carriers dont like working overtime ....in the winter time no one likes to be out in the dark were you cant see shit...

The president is working overtime to turn the federal bureaucracy into a subsidiary of his campaign.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night can slow the mail. But President Donald Trump can.

Late Friday, Trump’s handpicked new postmaster general, Louis DeJoy, announced sweeping organizational changes that promise to further undercut the U.S. Postal Service’s ability to perform a vital democratic function: the timely delivery of mail-in ballots. This comes during an election when as many as 80 million Americans are expected to vote by mail because of the risk of contracting COVID-19.

DeJoy, a major Republican fundraiser and Trump donor, reassigned or sidelined almost two dozen high-ranking USPS officials in a move to centralize his control of the agency, also instituting a hiring freeze and voluntary early retirements.

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), chair of the House subcommittee responsible for oversight of the Postal Service, called the reorganization “deliberate sabotage” and an obvious attempt to interfere in the election.

“One way to suppress the vote ― and they’re experts in vote suppression — is to slow down the delivery of mail,” Connolly told CNN on Monday.

Enfeebling the Postal Service would be among the most concerning attempts to subvert the institutions of democracy by a far-right administration that has turned the executive branch into a political cudgel unlike any wielded by a president in modern times. Trump has never made a secret of his distaste for democracy. After his election, his then-senior strategist, Steve Bannon, described the objective of the new administration as the “deconstruction of the administrative state.” Coming from Bannon, an extremist who works with authoritarians around the world, these were baleful tidings.

Weaponizing the Postal Service for partisan politics should outrage and scare us all - regardless of political persuasion. The Postal Service is listed in the Constitution - and is a major part of our democratic foundation.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads".[1]
Oh spare us your whiny constant complaining......weaponizing the Post Office....hahahahahahahahaha

The president is working overtime to turn the federal bureaucracy into a subsidiary of his campaign.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night can slow the mail. But President Donald Trump can.

Late Friday, Trump’s handpicked new postmaster general, Louis DeJoy, announced sweeping organizational changes that promise to further undercut the U.S. Postal Service’s ability to perform a vital democratic function: the timely delivery of mail-in ballots. This comes during an election when as many as 80 million Americans are expected to vote by mail because of the risk of contracting COVID-19.

DeJoy, a major Republican fundraiser and Trump donor, reassigned or sidelined almost two dozen high-ranking USPS officials in a move to centralize his control of the agency, also instituting a hiring freeze and voluntary early retirements.

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), chair of the House subcommittee responsible for oversight of the Postal Service, called the reorganization “deliberate sabotage” and an obvious attempt to interfere in the election.

“One way to suppress the vote ― and they’re experts in vote suppression — is to slow down the delivery of mail,” Connolly told CNN on Monday.

Enfeebling the Postal Service would be among the most concerning attempts to subvert the institutions of democracy by a far-right administration that has turned the executive branch into a political cudgel unlike any wielded by a president in modern times. Trump has never made a secret of his distaste for democracy. After his election, his then-senior strategist, Steve Bannon, described the objective of the new administration as the “deconstruction of the administrative state.” Coming from Bannon, an extremist who works with authoritarians around the world, these were baleful tidings.

Weaponizing the Postal Service for partisan politics should outrage and scare us all - regardless of political persuasion. The Postal Service is listed in the Constitution - and is a major part of our democratic foundation.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads".[1]

The ONLY ones interfering with the elections are Fauci and Co, the Lamestream Media (SEE BS) and the Democrats using the covid19 hoax as a subterfuge.

They know that the ONLY way the Biden-Harris ticket can win is by tanking the economy and using mailing ballots.

For shame.

How so? Provide "credible" proof.
By supporting mail voting. Duh!

Yep, several Red and Blue states have been doing it for years - successfully.
You have to prove who you are on those ballots and get them notarized. You just want to be able to vote and mail it in. So no, you don't get to do that.
i never had to get mine notarized......
I never voted by mail, but I heard in south Carolina you have to get it notarized.

I'm not concerned. I suspect I'll get my ballot in plenty of time ahead of November's election and will be sure to mail it back at least a week ahead of election day. If anybody suspects the new Postmaster General of political shenanigans then for a test they could drive to the county seat and mail themselves a letter to check on things before complaining. My guess is that the reason we're hearing complaints about the post office is that their unionized workers are upset with the loss of overtime.

bullshit a hell of a lot of carriers dont like working overtime ....in the winter time no one likes to be out in the dark were you cant see shit...

Dunno about that.....
My mail carrier was ALWAYS talking about working overtime

Lakhota hit the nail on the head. Trump is attempting to create a self-fulfilling prophesy regarding the postal service and mail-in ballets. There has never been a more transparent attempt by any president to turn a government agency into one's personal fiefdom than this. Trump's aim is to undermine the credibility of the postal service for his attack on the election results this November. Anyone who gives a damn about the integrity of the election process should be outraged.

Last edited:

I'd like to give you the STFU award of the day.

The President is against Mail in Voting because of the ease of committing voter fraud that makes possible.

Even if Democrats cannot cheat their way to the White House, they could hold up the results of The Election should they lose for years in court, which is Plan B.

At that point they will install Nancy Pelosi as DeFacto Fascist Dictator and America will be gone, Democracy will be gone and a New Evil Global Rule will be imposed which most likely will usher in unspeakable horrors and the End Times.

Also, you get the Joseph Goebbels Propaganda award for the Advancement of DemNazi Propaganda.

We are not in a Pandemic. A Pandemic is not as anemic and weak as this is after nearly a year we know this virus has been out in the world. In Ohio not even 0.0064% have even been exposed to it.

You lied to us, and your lying DemNazi Globalist Heroes lied to us, and you did it to advance your agendas and nothing else.

Want to see the world controlled by Orwellian PC Fascist Nazis? Just look at 2020, and locking people in their homes, shutting down business and mandating mask wearing for no good reason other than fear and a total disregard for Science. 2020 is what America looks like when controlled by DemNazi globalists.

Last edited:

Dunno about that.....
My mail carrier was ALWAYS talking about working overtime
maybe because he had to or he was on the overtime desired list which means he wanted it.....but most regular carriers wanted to do their routes and get out of there........

You are going to have an election in a few months and you change the head of the postal department to someone who has no prior experience in this job. A person who has contributed money to his campaign. This is not funny anymore it just sad.

Yes trump is going all out to use any government source to secure a win.

Yes the Russians are at it again

Yes he will use the white house to give his acceptance speech

When he loses he will blame the postal department but who did he pick to run that department. As she is just the head for a few months. It is still the department that he has criticized forever like the postal clerks are corrupt. So close to an election. The only obvious thing about Trump is that he is a failed leader who relies on misdirection and abusing his power.
they have had quite a few PMG's in the past with no experience in the mail industry....

That is generally true but to do it months before an election that may require the post office to be a major player on the outcome of the election that is manipulation of the process. Creating problems in which it would be easy to doubt the outcome because of obvious problems using mail in votes.

changing the head is like replacing Trump with Pence

Duh, we're in the middle of a PANDEMIC. Would you rather people die from trying to vote in person? Trump is also going to make voting at the polls as long and painful as possible.
Hopefully he will have 100% voting suppression - for illegal aliens. But this would require proof of citizenship requirements. So far I don't see that happening. If it doesn't Democrats will be given free reign to steal the election.

Yep, several Red and Blue states have been doing it for years - successfully.
I never really know what "successfully" means coming from a liberal. I guess that means whatever works best for them.

It would work great for Democrats if already deported illegal aliens could vote in US elections (by mail), from hundreds of miles away from the US border.

So, suppose Trump's postmaster orders the loss of ballots. Who will stop him. Barr? Kegs? Collins? Mitch?

I doubt it will happen. And states do have mail in voting without the Fraud Trump lies about. And it probably is the way of the future .. assuming the dems win. Vote harvesting is a different story though.

Who controls the mail
In Texas Arizona, Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida is who I’m worried about.. trump ain’t counting them
Democrats are

You are going to have an election in a few months and you change the head of the postal department to someone who has no prior experience in this job. A person who has contributed money to his campaign. This is not funny anymore it just sad.

Yes trump is going all out to use any government source to secure a win.

Yes the Russians are at it again

Yes he will use the white house to give his acceptance speech

When he loses he will blame the postal department but who did he pick to run that department. As she is just the head for a few months. It is still the department that he has criticized forever like the postal clerks are corrupt. So close to an election. The only obvious thing about Trump is that he is a failed leader who relies on misdirection and abusing his power.
they have had quite a few PMG's in the past with no experience in the mail industry....

That is generally true but to do it months before an election that may require the post office to be a major player on the outcome of the election that is manipulation of the process. Creating problems in which it would be easy to doubt the outcome because of obvious problems using mail in votes.

changing the head is like replacing Trump with Pence
the former PMG retired someone was going to take her place.....in my time there we had 9 PMG's.....they lasted 3-5 years and were gone a couple even less....the District managers had more of an affect on the place then the PMG.....

Hey....moron.....you and the other democrats want mail in voting, not us........the only ones weaponizing the post office to steal the election are you and the other joe biden voters.

Forum List

Back