If The US Supreme Court Sides With Trump or Throws Out Case to Bar Trump From Colorado Primary Ballot

Will riot

• Total voters

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
If The US Supreme Court Sides With Trump or Throws Out Case to Bar Trump From Colorado Primary Ballot

We've all heard how people who are diehard Trump supporters will react. How do we think diehard anti Trump people will react?

We've all heard how people who are diehard Trump supporters will react. How do we think diehard anti Trump people will react?
They and their media will talk about how corrupt the Supreme Court is and how 3 of them were appointed by Trump and Clarence Thomas should have recused himself. They will call it an illegitimate decision.

They and their media will talk about how corrupt the Supreme Court is and how 3 of them were appointed by Trump and Clarence Thomas should have recused himself. They will call it an illegitimate decision.

So they won't act like the Trump people and riot or go after everyone or demand states retaliate?

So they won't act like the Trump people and riot or go after everyone or demand states retaliate?
Schumer and others have already done that in regards to the Supreme Court, openly inciting violence against the justices and refusing to protect them.

The left understands that Trump must be stopped and most of the R congress realize that too.

The Scotus needs a clean way to get it done and this could be the answer.

It's a lot cleaner than government resorting to violent measures.

For that reason the Scotus may refuse to take it up.

I also think thats the likeliest outcome. I imagine SCOTUS will kick saying the 14th is applied at the Federal level against Federal crimes. As Trump has not been convicted of a 14th Amendment type Federal offense, he is not subject to the exclusion.

I'd also proffer, and this is just me, that that is the correct decision. If a Candidate is convicted of "insurrection or rebellion" then they may not serve at the Federal or State level.

I also think thats the likeliest outcome. I imagine SCOTUS will kick saying the 14th is applied at the Federal level against Federal crimes. As Trump has not been convicted of a 14th Amendment type Federal offense, he is not subject to the exclusion.

I'd also proffer, and this is just me, that that is the correct decision. If a Candidate is convicted of "insurrection or rebellion" then they may not serve at the Federal or State level.
Yes, but the question is, did he lead a insurrection or a rebellion? You know that this is a threat that's not being brushed off easily.

I think the answer to that question depends on the Scotus understanding the efficiency and value of the charges to get it done cleanly.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about using this as the cleanest way for America to extricate itself from trouble.

I'm also very confident that Trump will be stopped before he can become president.

Yes, but the question is, did he lead a insurrection or a rebellion? You know that this is a threat that's not being brushed off easily.
He has not been criminally convicted of either at this point., thats the thing. There has to be a standard, otherwise any court or self proclaimed redneck cracker Texas Lieutenant Governor could try to get a candidate eliminated from the vote because his feelings are hurt.

He has not been criminally convicted of either at this point., thats the thing.
There's no need to remind me of the obvious!
There has to be a standard, otherwise any court or self proclaimed redneck cracker Texas Lieutenant Governor could try to get a candidate eliminated from the vote because his feelings are hurt.

Sure maybe, but get up to speed on the fact that it's still a toss-up on which way it will go and how the Scotus will deal with the Constitution.

I'll just add for your consideration that an insurrectionist doesn't make it to a court of law. They get a bullet.

America by now must understand that it failed to deal with the threat to its democracy.

A solution is needed!

Most important of all questions is whether the Scotus wants to stop Trump?
Undoubtedly yes, with maybe the exception of Thomas? But still, patriotism runs deep even in his carcass.

Forum List

Back