If the Sandy Hook incident does not bring on changes due to the NRA NO

I could not give a damn what you think about my attitude when you carry that 'guns are cool' attitude around. Guns are the tools that make mass shootings possible. They pose a real and present danger to the public safety and no wannabe Rambo has a say in keeping them around just because his warped view of culture says they are too cool to rid ourselves of.

You have yet to sugest anything that could possibly improve the situation. All your BS boils down to the demand everyone else should cater to your paranoia and make things easier for those who commit violent crime. YOU are the menace to public safety and your continued whining is getting really old. Feel fee to try to grow a pair.
I suggested stricter background checks and they were roundly rejected. I suggested elimination of the gun show loophole and it was roundly rejected. I suggested elimination of the straw man purchasers and that was roundly rejected. I suggested elimination of the sale, manufacture, distribution and importation of high capacity magazines and guess what? That was roundly rejected.

No gun enthusiast has put forth ANY solutions. That leads me to this unfortunate conclusion: gun enthusiasts do not see any problem with gun violence, perhaps even they welcome it. What else is anyone to think?

The fact of the matter is... guns do not kill people... people kill people.

No amount of gun control will stop those who wish to kill from killing.

Tell me, of the recent mass killings how many of those were members of the NRA? How many had CHL's?

Hey marty. did you know you might have a better chance of surviving a crazy killer with a full auto weapon as opposed to a semi auto weapon?

The NRA is such a bunch of assholes that after the Conn shootings, they couldn't even come out and tell responsible gun owners to lock your guns up, put trigger locks on them, if you have a young man with mental issues, remove your guns from your home. etc etc.,

The mother fuking NRA couldn't even offer ONE sensible idea to keep people safe from crazies with access to guns.

Their best idea. Arm everyone. And you don't think the NRA is working for the gun and ammo manufactuers? Why?

They don't have to tell responsible gun owners that, it's the irresponsible gun owners that need to be told. Was Lanza's mother a member of the NRA?

BTW I co-own a gun shop and business has never been better. Hell, we're booked solid for the next three months in our CHL classes.

Hey marty. did you know you might have a better chance of surviving a crazy killer with a full auto weapon as opposed to a semi auto weapon?

Not really, after 7-8 rounds or so they tend to climb a bit.

Good for suppressing fire, not taking someone out.

I do know that if the asshole at newtown had a pump or lever action or even a bolt action rifle the same amount of people would be dead. if he had revolvers instead of semi auto handguns, the same amount of people would be dead.

Because the police took more than 10 minutes to respond, and no one in the school was armed.

So NY's law would have done FUCKING JACK SQUAT.

Full auto weapons are illegal. Unless you have an FFL, which I do.

Not really, after 7-8 rounds or so they tend to climb a bit.

Good for suppressing fire, not taking someone out.

I do know that if the asshole at newtown had a pump or lever action or even a bolt action rifle the same amount of people would be dead. if he had revolvers instead of semi auto handguns, the same amount of people would be dead.

Because the police took more than 10 minutes to respond, and no one in the school was armed.

So NY's law would have done FUCKING JACK SQUAT.

The Newtown shooting was done with pistols, no rifle was used.

You have yet to sugest anything that could possibly improve the situation. All your BS boils down to the demand everyone else should cater to your paranoia and make things easier for those who commit violent crime. YOU are the menace to public safety and your continued whining is getting really old. Feel fee to try to grow a pair.
I suggested stricter background checks and they were roundly rejected. I suggested elimination of the gun show loophole and it was roundly rejected. I suggested elimination of the straw man purchasers and that was roundly rejected. I suggested elimination of the sale, manufacture, distribution and importation of high capacity magazines and guess what? That was roundly rejected.

No gun enthusiast has put forth ANY solutions. That leads me to this unfortunate conclusion: gun enthusiasts do not see any problem with gun violence, perhaps even they welcome it. What else is anyone to think?

Tell me, of the recent mass killings how many of those were members of the NRA? How many had CHL's?[/QUOTE]

Funny shit. Hey, you think those mass killers worshipped their semi auto assault weapons as much as an NRA member does? Bet they liked them even better. They knew what they are designed to do. Evidentally you NRA members think they are for cutting down trees.

I could not give a damn what you think about my attitude when you carry that 'guns are cool' attitude around. Guns are the tools that make mass shootings possible. They pose a real and present danger to the public safety and no wannabe Rambo has a say in keeping them around just because his warped view of culture says they are too cool to rid ourselves of.

Of course we see a problem with violence. We just don't see guns in the hands of law abiding citizens as the cause.

The problem is you are NOT thinking. As usual, you are feeling. I know it feels good to do something in response to Sandy Hook, but limiting the size of magazines would not have saved a single 6 year old. Banning "assault" style weapons would not have saved a single teacher. banning strawman purchases wouldn't have saved a guidance counselor, nor would stricter background checks have saved a school principal. Banning gun shows would not have reduced the carnage surviving students and first responders will remember for the rest of their lives.

What might have helped is competent monitoring of patients taking psychiatric medications.
Nancy Lanza's weapons did not kill 28 people, her mentally defective son did. The weapons would still be sitting in a safe or a closet and 28 people would still be breathing if the psychiatric profession had been doing it's job and had properly treated a young man.
No new gun law will prevent the next mass shooting any more than the toughest gun laws in the country prevent murders in Chicago and DC.

Propose something that will limit the ability of criminals and crazies to get their hands on guns without limiting the rights of citizens and I'll stand with you, but if all you want to do is feel good about yourself, you're going to have a HUGE fight on your hands.

Last edited:

Tell me, of the recent mass killings how many of those were members of the NRA? How many had CHL's?[/QUOTE]

Funny shit. Hey, you think those mass killers worshipped their semi auto assault weapons as much as an NRA member does? Bet they liked them even better. They knew what they are designed to do. Evidentally you NRA members think they are for cutting down trees.

Obviously you don't understand the meaning and/or reason behind the 2nd amendment.

Can you back up your claim that these mass killers or any member of the NRA worships guns? I'm pretty sure you can't.

You're just another liberal idiot that when you need help from a gun wielding nut, you'll be calling someone with a gun to rescue your dumbass.

I've never used a firearm to hew trees. And it just goes to show how little you know about guns.

We hear this mantra over and over; unfortunately it's irrelevant to present circumstances because the Sandy Hooks and the Oak Creeks and Auroras and Columbines and Tucsons are not about "killing". Clearly they're not, since you can kill with blunt instruments, poisons, ropes, bombs or any number of other methods.

These incidents are specifically about massacre by strafing, which can only be done with a gun, and for those slayers who insist on instant gratification, the more automatic the better because it specifically serves that purpose.

Mass random murder is no more about murder than rape is about sex; it's about power. And until we get that, we're going nowhere.

We hear this mantra over and over; unfortunately it's irrelevant to present circumstances because the Sandy Hooks and the Oak Creeks and Auroras and Columbines and Tucsons are not about "killing". Clearly they're not, since you can kill with blunt instruments, poisons, ropes, bombs or any number of other methods.

These incidents are specifically about massacre by strafing, which can only be done with a gun, and for those slayers who insist on instant gratification, the more automatic the better because it specifically serves that purpose.

Mass random murder is no more about murder than rape is about sex; it's about power. And until we get that, we're going nowhere.

It wasn't about killing?

Well then they sure killed a lot of people without it being about killing.

Strafing is defined as a ground attack using airplanes and full auto machine guns.

Massacre is defined as indescriminate killing of a large group of humans or animals.

But using your logic, we need "power control" not gun control.

This will be an atrocity. There are so many things that could be done to assure that this never happens again. But if there is mention of gun laws or anything to do with guns the NRA says NO.

They don't represent the majority of gun owners anymore. They respresent the manufactorers. Sooner or later, the NO, is going to start costing them memberships.

They represent the constitutions 2nd amendment, which means they represent gun owners.

It wasn't about killing?

Well then they sure killed a lot of people without it being about killing.

Strafing is defined as a ground attack using airplanes and full auto machine guns.

Massacre is defined as indescriminate killing of a large group of humans or animals.

But using your logic, we need "power control" not gun control.

I see you tried really hard not to get the point, even throwing a dictionary at it, but at the end, it bit you anyway.

"Power control". Exactly. Why are so many so afraid to touch that concept? Why do we insist on pretending the issue is the guns themselves and take all responsibility off those who abuse and promote them? Bob Costas had it exactly right-- and yet his commentary was immediately labeled a "gun control" rant -- a topic he never even mentioned. God forbid we should even acknowledge, let alone discuss, the Fetish That Dare Not Speak Its Name.

This will be an atrocity. There are so many things that could be done to assure that this never happens again.
It is impossible to "ensure this never happens again" without violating the constitution and eliminating any semblance of a free society.

Sadly, SO many people are more than happy to use the blood of 20 schoolkids to push their pre-existing agenda to do just that.

Let's see if I can get through the craniums of some of the loons that have been threatening to march on DC to keep their guns?

NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE OUR FRIGIN GUNS!

We need to at least think about issues such as asssualt weapons, 100 shot magazines, mental health issues, universal background checks, and security in public places.

If the GOP blocks everything that comes before them, and another mass shooting occurs, the public will hold them accountable. Just keep that in mind. The GOP does not need another nail in their coffin.

Last edited:
This will be an atrocity. There are so many things that could be done to assure that this never happens again.
It is impossible to "ensure this never happens again" without violating the constitution and eliminating any semblance of a free society.

Really? Let's see.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Hmm... looks to me like "ensuring this never happens again" is exactly in line with the Constitution's whole purpose. How is it not?

Sadly, SO many people are more than happy to use the blood of 20 schoolkids to push their pre-existing agenda to do just that

That's exactly what this thread is about.

Last edited:
NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE OUR FRIGIN GUNS!
This is a lie.

We need to at least think about issues such as asssualt weapons, 100 shot magazines, mental health issues, universal background checks, and security in public places.
What do you propose we do in regards to these issues that:
-Would have stopped the Newtown shooting
-Will stop another Newtown shooting
-Does not violate the Constitution

Last edited:
Really? Let's see.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Hmm... looks to me like "ensuring this never happens again" is exactly what the Constitution's whole purpose. How is it not?
It appears you read right past my response. I will make the obvious part more obvious:

Good to see you're willing to admit that you're more than happy to use the blood of 20 schoolkids to push your pre-existing agenda.
You may be a mionster, but at least you're an honest monster.

Really? Let's see.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Hmm... looks to me like "ensuring this never happens again" is exactly what the Constitution's whole purpose. How is it not?
It appears you read right past my response. I will make the obvious part more obvious:

Good to see you're willing to admit that you're more than happy to use the blood of 20 schoolkids to push your pre-existing agenda.
You may be a mionster, but at least you're an honest monster.

Oh no little man, you do not put words in my mouth. But just what do you think my "pre-existing agenda" is? This is an open book test as the answer is already posted. Many times.
(hint: no, I am not the NRA)

I started with your reference to the Constitution, quoted the preamble, and challenged you to demonstrate exactly where the violation would be. And you ran away and hid behind ad hominem. But I do understand some of us are afraid to talk about that, and some are not. If you're the former, just try to follow along. We'll let you know what we come up with.

Last edited:
This will be an atrocity. There are so many things that could be done to assure that this never happens again. But if there is mention of gun laws or anything to do with guns the NRA says NO.

They don't represent the majority of gun owners anymore. They respresent the manufactorers. Sooner or later, the NO, is going to start costing them memberships.

hey i have an idea, let's rewrite the constitution because of one nut. :doubt: what the hell is wrong with you people?

Forum List

Back