If The Results Are Already In....

1.) I truly doubt your a Conservative Independent. The "Independents" I see on this board are usually Republicans who never have a bad thing to say about the GOP except Bush who is currently the GOP's scapegoat in blaming problems so John McCain can bring forth "change" to the country.
(Which btw is a bunch of bull on the John McCain bringing "change" part)

2.) You don't bring up Godwin's Law unless it's already been brought up into the conversation.

View attachment 5877

Btw, your the one who brought it up. So therefore, you just made yourself look like a fool.

Well, I was at one time a registered Republican but that was a long long time ago. I am in fact an Independent, albeit a fiscally conservative Independent. I do not like Bush and I dont like McCain a bit more. But that doesnt mean i will descend into the lefts lazy intellectualism of name calling and personal attacks.

As far as mentioning Godwins Law it was necessary as I have learned from bitter experience that as soon as a lib sees I can not be shouted down they will resort to name calling. You know thats the truth.

I see it more as a public service and helping to keep one of your members from embarassing themselves publicly. You should thank me. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I was at one time a registered Republican but that was a long long time ago. I am in fact an Independent, albeit a fiscally conservative Independent. I do not like Bush and I dont like McCain a bit more. But that doesnt mean i will descend into the lefts lazy intellectualism of name calling and personal attacks.

As far as mentioning Godwins Law it was necessary as I have learned from bitter experience that as soon as a lib sees I can not be shouted down they will resort to name calling. You know thats the truth.

I see it more as a public service and helping to keep one of your members from embarassing themselves publicly. You should thank me. :lol:

So you were a Republican then. If you don't like Bush and don't like McCain even more, then why vote for him if you are? Just wondering.

I don't know about your experiences but as a Liberal I rarely resort to name calling unless that person invokes it first and they're making racist remarks or something along the lines of that. I do get plenty of personal attacks from plenty of GOP members on this board though. That much I do know.

I'm not going to thank you since everyone here has a right to a opinion as it says on the top of the screen. "Where your Voices Count"

Though I believe you don't know the exact terms of Godwin's Law. If you invoke Godwin's Law when it wasn't remotely in the convo before that then you automatically lose whatever debate your having and the other side can declare victory. (That's according to the rules of Godwin's Law anyway)

I'd figure I'd let you know that.

My my...you disagree with me so you try to shout me down to shut me up? So very tolerant of you. Whats next calling me a racist or a nazi?

Google 'Godwins Law' if you are unfamiliar with it. :eusa_whistle:

Who shouted? You posted something about the desire to keep church and state separate being like "religion"... I pointed out that's silliness. Might I have been a bit abrupt? Maybe. There comes a point where people have made the same arguments over and over and they all start to sound the same. But trust me, my tone wasn't shouting at all...

And THEN you post this
lefts lazy intellectualism of name calling and personal attacks
and pretend that somehow it isn't an insult and "name calling".

I find that kind of thing amusing and wonder if you see the irony.

But no one shouted at you or "bullied" you. Kind of funny that.

As for this forum... there are people on both sides of the divide. No one gets banned for their opinion. But I would suggest that if you do, in fact, want actual discussion and NOt something that descends into 'name calling', that you might want to reconsider comments like 'libs this...libs that.." yadda yadda yadda...

and definitely DON'T take direction from Allie ...

But citing Godwin's law to me is pretty silly. You don't know me. And I can assure you I am the first one to get really pissy when people call others nazis. Nazis are nazis... slavery is slavery and I don't believe in diluting the horror of those things by using them for minutia.

So you might not want to patronize either, given you've been here a couple of hours and don't know anything about any of us yet. Plenty of time to decide whom you wish to patronize or dislike... or ignore or fight with.

anyway, welcome aboard.

The perfect useful idiot---vote with your emotions.

No I'm voting on the issues... he just happens to stir my emotions by talking about the issues I care about and giving me hope that he can get this country back on the right track....

How is there not much to back it up?

She doesn't believe in reproductive choice, even in the face of rape and incest.

I could go through all of her other extremist ideas, but that one's pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

And picking her to get the "hillary women" was truly offensive... as if all we wanted to see was a female in office.

At one time believing in Abortion(what you disgustingly refer to as "reproductive choice") was considered an extreme beief.

At one time believing in Abortion(what you disgustingly refer to as "reproductive choice") was considered an extreme beief.

Not really. I think care has gone through that issue. I could be wrong, but I believe that reproductive choice was a given so long as a pregnancy was terminated before "quickening" of the fetus.

It shouldn't be a political issue at all, IMO, but I don't think it was ever considered extreme (again...could be wrong about that). And if it was considered extreme, well, at one time, black kids going to school with white kids was considered extreme... women voting was extreme...

Responses inline in bold...

So you were a Republican then. If you don't like Bush and don't like McCain even more, then why vote for him if you are? Just wondering.

I have never said I will vote for McCain here or anywhere else. His open borders stance is a total deal breaker for me. I will prolly vote Libertarian.

I don't know about your experiences but as a Liberal I rarely resort to name calling unless that person invokes it first and they're making racist remarks or something along the lines of that. I do get plenty of personal attacks from plenty of GOP members on this board though. That much I do know.

Go to Daily Kos or Democratic Underground and see what your liberal brethren are really like and how they treat conservatives. Usually they ban us on sight.

I'm not going to thank you since everyone here has a right to a opinion as it says on the top of the screen. "Where your Voices Count"

The problem with liberals is that they equate 'opinion' to be the same as 'fact'. They want something to be true so therefore it is. I call them on their 'facts' constantly for proof or to admit it is merely an opinion. I seldom get anything but more name calling.

Though I believe you don't know the exact terms of Godwin's Law. If you invoke Godwin's Law when it wasn't remotely in the convo before that then you automatically lose whatever debate your having and the other side can declare victory. (That's according to the rules of Godwin's Law anyway)

I spent many years on UseNet before political forums. I am well versed in applying Godwins Law. And I would ask that you show me where it says that merely mentioning Godwins Law is the same as yelling nazi. Just because you WANT it to be so doesnt make it so.

I'd figure I'd let you know that.

BTW the Guy Fawkes avatar is wayyyy over used the last few years. And I figured I would let you know that as well. :D

Last edited:
I am actually pleasantly surprised by this forum. Normally any place where lefties congregate a conservative will be banned immediately for voicing an opinion not in lock step with the hive mind. They will gloss over the lack of freedom of speech by insisting it is a privately owned site....unlike those privately owned golf clubs, country clubs or military schools where they force their agenda on others. This could be quite interesting. :lol:

strap on a pair and stop whining.

Might wanna clean the glasses old timer. I said it was INTERESTING. How does that translate to whining? :D

this part----

Normally any place where lefties congregate a conservative will be banned immediately for voicing an opinion not in lock step with the hive mind.

or is that supposed to be just an observation? seems like whining to me, kid.
waaaah, the mean libs banned me. waaaa...

Responses inline in bold...

Really, Libertarian eh? Dare I point out the irony?

Dailykos is the extreme left wing. That be like me sending you to an extreme right wing site. Same information, just being spinned differently.

The problem with liberals is that they equate 'opinion' to be the same as 'fact'. They want something to be true so therefore it is. I call them on their 'facts' constantly for proof or to admit it is merely an opinion. I seldom get anything but more name calling.

Go look into some of the topics on this boards. You'll see how certain members of your little club make personal insults just as much as the Liberals if not more. And the GOP does the same thing, opinion = fact to them. Don't you know that's how they feel about Abortion, Gay Marriage,etc. That's all FACT to them, not opinion.

I spent many years on UseNet before political forums. I am well versed in applying Godwins Law. And I would ask that you show me where it says that merely mentioning Godwins Law is the same as yelling nazi. Just because you WANT it to be so doesnt make it so.

Well I guess not since you applied it wrong.

How to post about Nazis and get away with it - the Godwin's Law FAQ

And of course smack dab on Wikipedia:

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

You brought up the comparison of Jillian's points to you being called a racist or a NAZI next.

BTW the Guy Fawkes avatar is wayyyy over used the last few years. And I figured I would let you know that as well.

Yes, I know all the little kids ran around using it as the symbol for Anon. However, having read the V for Vendetta original comic many years ago (and still currently in my collection) it means something to me then more of a symbol.

I figured I'd let you know that. Your not really all that and a bag of chips. So stop acting like you are.

this part----

or is that supposed to be just an observation? seems like whining to me, kid.
waaaah, the mean libs banned me. waaaa...

Just calling the left on their hypocrisy of so called 'tolerance'. To a conservative tolerance means letting the other guys have his say. To a lib tolerance means allowing the other guy to agree with them. :lol:

Forum List

Back