If the Republicans win the Presidency, how much more debt will they add?

No one has any idea. To pretend they do is laughable. Why don't you ask where we all bought our crystal balls instead.

We can guess about amounts, but notice, no one believes a GOP president won't add to our debt.

Debt is inevitable now because of all the spending programs Obama and the Congressional Democrats have created. The will scream bloody murder over any reduction in any of their boondoggles.

No one has any idea. To pretend they do is laughable. Why don't you ask where we all bought our crystal balls instead.

We can guess about amounts, but notice, no one believes a GOP president won't add to our debt.

Debt is inevitable now because of all the spending programs Obama and the Congressional Democrats have created. The will scream bloody murder over any reduction in any of their boondoggles.

And what programs would those be?

Yes, I know that it's up to Congress but, as we've all seen here, the President gets the bulk of the blame for the debt. So...

How much more debt will a Republican president add to our national debt (once Obama is done) during his first term? 1 Trillion? 2? 4? 8?

And if you answer "less than Obama" I'm gonna assume that it's a dollar less than what Obama has added in his first term.

They will add more. How much? Who knows? But you can be assured just as the Dems blame it on the Republicans, the Republicans will blame it on the Dems. In case you haven't figured it out, this is how things work.

Democrats the party before country.

The latest example and there are many, is the conference call to democrats to label any cut extreme.

Debt is inevitable now because of all the spending programs Obama and the Democrats have created. The will scream bloody murder over any reduction in any of their boondoggles.

Debt is inevitable because we intentionally reduced our revenue below what we are spending, because we are entangled in endless foreign wars and refuse to make the most basic sacrifices

Not to mention Clinton left Bush a surplus!!!

:lol:

That's one of my favorites.

As much as you try to deny it, Clinton DID leave Bush a surplus

It was a surplus in the budget. Our national debt was about 5 trillion. If I owe my creditors 50,000 dollars and I have 5000 dollars in my bank account, it's not time to cheer. That's being in debt.

Good point...

So it was not a good idea for Bush to cut taxes while we had a $5 trillion debt was it?

As much as you try to deny it, Clinton DID leave Bush a surplus

It was a surplus in the budget. Our national debt was about 5 trillion. If I owe my creditors 50,000 dollars and I have 5000 dollars in my bank account, it's not time to cheer. That's being in debt.

Good point...

So it was not a good idea for Bush to cut taxes while we had a $5 trillion debt was it?

I didn't see Clinton using any of that budget surplus to pay off the national debt. The national debt kept growing under Clinton too.....

I would have cut the top taxes to about thirty percent instead of 35 and still paid the national debt down by cutting 10 percent out of each dept, agency, which would have been roughly, 300b a year, over 5-7 years, would have kept us around 3 or 4t in the hole.

I don't agree to a surplus in the budget. That means that the government is taking too much of our money. A ledger that equals zero at the end of the year is how govt is supposed to manage it's affairs.

Yes, I know that it's up to Congress but, as we've all seen here, the President gets the bulk of the blame for the debt. So...

How much more debt will a Republican president add to our national debt (once Obama is done) during his first term? 1 Trillion? 2? 4? 8?

And if you answer "less than Obama" I'm gonna assume that it's a dollar less than what Obama has added in his first term.
I wouldn't even hazard a guess Bush did about 5 trillion in eight years Obama has topped him in less than four only God knows what comes next.

You are so NOT in the Middle, that it's Silly.

Have you ever Noticed how the Non-Partisans or Independents or those Claiming to be in the Middle are almost always Liberals?...

:)

peace...

If the Republicans win the Presidency, how much more debt will they add?

Same as always...whatever it takes to keep them on TOP of the heap.

You know...EXACTLY like what hapens when the DEMS are in power?

I wouldn't even hazard a guess Bush did about 5 trillion in eight years Obama has topped him in less than four only God knows what comes next.
fyi 6 trillion on president Bush in 8 years, not 5 trillion....

You would have had a point if Obama had not signed the rest of GWs last budget.

A greater point if GW had that full repub majority for that time.

The repubs sucked, abandoned their ways, so the current solution was to ramp up spending.

The repubs sucked, abandoned their ways, so the current solution was to ramp up spending.
ahhh, but obama has not had the full majority for 2 years now, so i don't see your point

besides the FACT that Bush began with a running surplus in the budget and Obama began with a running deficit shortfall of $1.5 trillion that was left him.....

you HAVE to put this in to the proper perspective or you are just playing with numbers to please yourself....

and I am not saying Obama era is not adding trillions to the debt, but they did begin with a running deficit of 1.5 trillion....that does not and can NOT go away over night....no matter how hard we may wish it to....

ahhh, but obama has not had the full majority for 2 years now, so i don't see your point

besides the FACT that Bush began with a running surplus in the budget and Obama began with a running deficit shortfall of $1.5 trillion that was left him.....

you HAVE to put this in to the proper perspective or you are just playing with numbers to please yourself....

and I am not saying Obama era is not adding trillions to the debt, but they did begin with a running deficit of 1.5 trillion....that does not and can NOT go away over night....no matter how hard we may wish it to....

So you wish to completely overlook the budget battles.

Got it!!

ANY CUT IS EXTREME.R

Don't blame us for when Obamacare Bill causes the trillion in budget costs to pay for all that Lefty psych ward stuff when Obama goes down.

After that, the nation WILL recoup its losses. Lefties quit the shopping spree in droves when their right to spend other people's money is taken away and it comes out of their own pocket.

Poor babies.

On a brighter note, the deficit in waste causes the landfill burden to lessen.

:lmao:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back