If the Electoral College goes rogue, why elect a horrible person like Hillary?

Is a state a nation?

Dafuck difference does it make? You're picking a head of (a) state, same thing.
You don't have (and nobody has) some sort of "county electors" running off to Madison from every corner of Wisconsin to each cast a vote for whoever won that county -- you have direct popular vote. As you do for your Senator, your Congresscritter, your Sheriff, your Commissioner of Paper Clips --- everybody. Yet none of those are "mob rule". That's a bullshit argument.
C'mon man... there's a huge difference between a state and a nation. It's not BS.

They draw electorate maps for how votes are counted in states the same as they do for the EC for the nation.

No there really isn't. I'm in the sticks here, as I recall you are too -- are we in the same kind of environment as somebody in the middle of Milwaukee or Charlotte? There's mountains this way, an ocean that way, there's rich, there's poor, there's old and young and black and white. A state is diverse. And yet we don't send "electors" in to figure out who the governor is --- my vote counts exactly the same as that guy in Charlotte or that other guy on the ocean -- one. There is no "mob rule" because there is no "mob".
True, and yes I am in a little podunk town in SW WI, but whoever controls the state senate gets to draw the electorate map for that state, which divides up the votes to favor one party over the other because of how they know areas are going to vote. So yes, a state does work in a way the same as the EC works for how our senators and congressman are elected.... right?

Are you saying your governor is elected not by the residents but by the districts?
No.

Yes the governor is elected by popular vote.

But a state isn't the same as a nation. We can agree to disagree on that.

Is a state a nation?

Dafuck difference does it make? You're picking a head of (a) state, same thing.
You don't have (and nobody has) some sort of "county electors" running off to Madison from every corner of Wisconsin to each cast a vote for whoever won that county -- you have direct popular vote. As you do for your Senator, your Congresscritter, your Sheriff, your Commissioner of Paper Clips --- everybody. Yet none of those are "mob rule". That's a bullshit argument.
C'mon man... there's a huge difference between a state and a nation. It's not BS.

They draw electorate maps for how votes are counted in states the same as they do for the EC for the nation.

No there really isn't. I'm in the sticks here, as I recall you are too -- are we in the same kind of environment as somebody in the middle of Milwaukee or Charlotte? There's mountains this way, an ocean that way, there's rich, there's poor, there's old and young and black and white. A state is diverse. And yet we don't send "electors" in to figure out who the governor is --- my vote counts exactly the same as that guy in Charlotte or that other guy on the ocean -- one. There is no "mob rule" because there is no "mob".
True, and yes I am in a little podunk town in SW WI, but whoever controls the state senate gets to draw the electorate map for that state, which divides up the votes to favor one party over the other because of how they know areas are going to vote. So yes, a state does work in a way the same as the EC works for how our senators and congressman are elected.... right?

Are you saying your governor is elected not by the residents but by the districts?
Hey... nobody said America was perfect, but I still think it's the greatest nation on earth.

Forum List

Back