If the Electoral College goes rogue, why elect a horrible person like Hillary?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
If the Electoral College goes rogue, it should go all the way rogue, why elect a horrible person like Hillary Clinton?

I say, if we had a choice of Presidents, there would be at least 300 million people in America that would make a better President than Hillary Clinton.

People who are not up to their necks in scandal would be one thing to look for in a President.

People who did not attack and villify women raped by her husband, maybe.

If we could choose ANYONE for President, why HER?

They're certainly not limited to Hillary, or even to a declared candidate.

Back in 1960 fifteen electors in three different states voted for Harry Byrd. And he wasn't even running.

Which is why the EC is such a stupid, crappy system..
Well what do we have if we don't have that? Mob rule? A few cities packed with dissidents, anarchists, cry babiea, EBT card holders and illegal aliens picking the president for all the rest of the nation?

How could that possibly be good?

Well what do we have if we don't have that? Mob rule. A few cities packed with dissidents and anarchists and cry babies picking the president for all the rest of the nation?

Ease up on the anarchists. We wouldn't get caught dead in one of those angry urban mobs.

Well what do we have if we don't have that? Mob rule? A few cities packed with dissidents and anarchists and cry babies and EBT card holders picking the president for all the rest of the nation?

"Mob rule" :lol:

How do you elect a governor?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go yet again.

Well what do we have if we don't have that? Mob rule? A few cities packed with dissidents and anarchists and cry babies and EBT card holders picking the president for all the rest of the nation?

Is a state a nation?

So you vote for a guy as do the majority of people in your city. Then you send off your representative to Washington on inauguration day to give your vote to the president, and that person can change their mind on a whim? How can that be good.

That aside, the other side to your above point is that, so people living in the country should be able to pick who leads you even if they're in the minority? How is that fair and equitable?

So you vote for a guy as do the majority of people in your city. Then you send off your representative to Washington on inauguration day, and that person can change their mind on a whim? How can that be good.

That aside, the other side to your above point is that, so people living in the country should be able to pick who leads you even if you in the minority? How is that fair and equitable?
How many times in history has an EC electorate changed their vote? I guess they can, but do they?

The point is, there's more to America than just LA and NYC, so why should just the mass poplations in cities pick the president for the vast majority of Americans that don't live in a city? Aren't most cities a disaster?

Yes, they are.

Is a state a nation?

Dafuck difference does it make? You're picking a head of (a) state, same thing.
You don't have (and nobody has) some sort of "county electors" running off to Madison from every corner of Wisconsin to each cast a vote for whoever won that county -- you have direct popular vote. As you do for your Senator, your Congresscritter, your Sheriff, your Commissioner of Paper Clips --- everybody. Yet none of those are "mob rule". That's a bullshit argument.

[
How many times in history has an EC electorate changed their vote? I guess they can, but do they?

The point is, there's more to America than just LA and NYC, so why should just the mass poplations in cities pick the president for the vast majority of Americans that don't live in a city? Aren't most cities a disaster?

Yes, they are.

Doesn't answer my question....You seem to be saying it's okay for the minority to rule the majority because you don't like cities? Not fair...People get disenfranchised. As it is, the rural people have it over the city folk due to the EC. Their vote is worth more.

If we do away with the electorial college, then we should change the name of the country from the United States of America to simply America ( or some other name).

Is a state a nation?

You don't have (and nobody has) some sort of "county electors" running off to Madison from every corner of Wisconsin to each cast a vote for whoever won that county -- you have direct popular vote. As you do for your Senator, your Congresscritter, your Sheriff, your Commissioner of Paper Clips --- everybody. Yet none of those are "mob rule". That's a bullshit argument.
C'mon man... there's a huge difference between a state and a nation. It's not BS.

They draw electorate maps for how votes are counted in states the same as they do for the EC for the nation.

Is a state a nation?

C'mon man... there's a huge difference between a state and a nation. It's not BS.

They draw electorate maps for how votes are counted in states the same as they do for the EC for the nation.

No there really isn't. I'm in the sticks here, as I recall you are too -- are we in the same kind of environment as somebody in the middle of Milwaukee or Charlotte? There's mountains this way, an ocean that way, there's rich, there's poor, there's old and young and black and white. A state is diverse. And yet we don't send "electors" in to figure out who the governor is --- my vote counts exactly the same as that guy in Charlotte or that other guy on the ocean -- one. There is no "mob rule" because there is no "mob".

Take your complaints to George Washington and James Madison.

Is a state a nation?

No there really isn't. I'm in the sticks here, as I recall you are too -- are we in the same kind of environment as somebody in the middle of Milwaukee or Charlotte? There's mountains this way, an ocean that way, there's rich, there's poor, there's old and young and black and white. A state is diverse. And yet we don't send "electors" in to figure out who the governor is --- my vote counts exactly the same as that guy in Charlotte or that other guy on the ocean -- one. There is no "mob rule" because there is no "mob".
True, and yes I am in a little podunk town in SW WI, but whoever controls the state senate gets to draw the electorate map for that state, which divides up the voting districts to favor one party over the other because of how they know areas are going to vote. So yes, a state does work in a way the same as the EC works for how our senators and congressman are elected.... right? They know the cities are going to vote dem, so they cut parts of them off and put them in districts where there's repub votes.

Is a state a nation?

True, and yes I am in a little podunk town in SW WI, but whoever controls the state senate gets to draw the electorate map for that state, which divides up the votes to favor one party over the other because of how they know areas are going to vote. So yes, a state does work in a way the same as the EC works for how our senators and congressman are elected.... right?

Are you saying your governor is elected not by the residents but by the districts?

[

Yes, they are.

Doesn't answer my question....You seem to be saying it's okay for the minority to rule the majority because you don't like cities? Not fair...People get disenfranchised. As it is, the rural people have it over the city folk due to the EC. Their vote is worth more.
You say that like that's a bad thing.

Forum List

Back