If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just simply against MW.

I'm against it because it's bad economics.

Well...... so far all I heard is an opinion of bad here and there. I asked a very simple question. MW increase has started about 5 years ago here and there. So I’m asking the same question again.

Name me any enterprise any business categories any McDonald’s that went out business because of MW increase?
Please ANYBODY.

Straw man. When you have to narrow your parameters that specifically - "business category" - in order to try to falsely generate the answer you want to get, it's an indication that your reasoning is shit, and you know it and don't care.

Is your position REALLY that minimum-wage laws can't be considered detrimental unless entire industries shut down? As long as it's just individual businesses across the spectrum, fuck it, everything's great? My family-owned book store went under and we went bankrupt, but Amazon is still selling books, so all is well?

I’ll try to be nice and professional not to lower self to your low life pig style especially your friend Ray likes it.

All I’m asking is very simple. Name me one. If you cannot then get the fuck out.

Your family business close because of amazon. That is not because MW. There are tons of reasons why people likes to buy at Amazon. Not because of MW.

OK.....you're the smartest one here. Tell us how many OTHER costs does ANY minimum wage raise cause?

Thank you Thank you and Thank you.

I know I am the smartest in this site. Honestly not a single one of you can match my interest and experiences.

People should be thankful there’s varieties and menus. Otherwise this site will be boring. Like this MW. Then everyone agrees nobody need a payroll increases. That’s dumb don’t you think?

Your question. Can you be more specific?

No, you AREN'T the smartest kid here.
My question is readily understandable considering your opinion of yourself.
Many things are indexed off of the MW, go on enlighten us.

Well like I’ve asked the same question over and over.

Name me any establishment or any business categories that went out of business because of MW increase.

I provided that to you in the link I posted which you obviously didn't even look at. It lists several businesses that closed up in CA because of the minimum wage increase.

I’m traveling and I might have missed it.

What post number?

796. And please pay attention to their hyper link to a list of other businesses not in their article.

Straw man. When you have to narrow your parameters that specifically - "business category" - in order to try to falsely generate the answer you want to get, it's an indication that your reasoning is shit, and you know it and don't care.

Is your position REALLY that minimum-wage laws can't be considered detrimental unless entire industries shut down? As long as it's just individual businesses across the spectrum, fuck it, everything's great? My family-owned book store went under and we went bankrupt, but Amazon is still selling books, so all is well?

I’ll try to be nice and professional not to lower self to your low life pig style especially your friend Ray likes it.

All I’m asking is very simple. Name me one. If you cannot then get the fuck out.

Your family business close because of amazon. That is not because MW. There are tons of reasons why people likes to buy at Amazon. Not because of MW.

OK.....you're the smartest one here. Tell us how many OTHER costs does ANY minimum wage raise cause?

I know I am the smartest in this site. Honestly not a single one of you can match my interest and experiences.

People should be thankful there’s varieties and menus. Otherwise this site will be boring. Like this MW. Then everyone agrees nobody need a payroll increases. That’s dumb don’t you think?

Yes I am. You are just in denial.

Your question covered a wide variety of areas. So you need to be more specific before you waste more of my time.

Run kid, you are embarrassing yourself.

Your question covered a wide variety of areas. So you need to be more specific before you waste more of my time.

You are revealing your ignorance.

Most or ALL businesses increased prices every year. The same with McDonald’s.
You are arguing based from your own experience with no experience in ownership so I don’t expect you to understand business practices.

Well...... so far all I heard is an opinion of bad here and there. I asked a very simple question. MW increase has started about 5 years ago here and there. So I’m asking the same question again.

Name me any enterprise any business categories any McDonald’s that went out business because of MW increase?
Please ANYBODY.

Minimum wage impacts businesses differently.

McDonald's sells 1000 hamburgers a day, 1200 french fires, 1600 beverages. But Bob at Bob's hardware doesn't sell 400 boxes of nails or screws every day. So you won't see any noticeable price increases at McDonald's, but you will at Bob's.

***1. If your employer gives you a dollar an hour raise, it costs your employer more than that dollar because of associated expenses. A huge increase like nearly doubling it would drive people out of business because of that reason.

***2... The worst part is that a huge minimum wage increase causes a domino effect. If you got out of high school and got a job at a manufacturer of some sort, and started out at $9.00 an hour, eventually you will make $15.00 an hour in a couple of years. All of a sudden, you find yourself back at minimum wage because of some Democrat politicians. Are you going to continue doing your job at minimum wage? Of course not. You are going to demand to be paid at least five bucks an hour over minimum. Okay, fine. But then what about the guy at your shop who's been there much longer and is making $20.00 an hour?

When it comes to a full circle, the minimum wage worker finds himself in the exact same position he was in before the hike because now everything else costs more. The only people that made out were the politicians because now you are getting taxed at a higher rate. That's the only reason they are behind it.

Agree. However.

1. McDonald’s can make up the difference easily.

2. Business like Bobs hardware as your example will always raise prices. Most or all businesses raise prices every year. That’s a fact. Even restaurants.

3. Businesses give regular increases to their employees. That’s a fact.

***1.. So far I have not seen that. That is why I asked the same question over and over. Name me one establishment that went out of business because of this MW increase?

***2. That’s just an opinion from anti minimum wage. I repeat the same question.

The sad part with all these arguments is. There are tons of companies that give starting salaries over $15/ hour. Even a high school graduate.

My minimum lowest entry level is $16+ hour.

I already pointed out how McDonald's will make up the difference, and that is a "slight' price increase on each of the thousands of items they sell a day. Bob can't do that.

Pricewise, Bob is already at a disadvantage with places like Home Depot, Lowes, and the internet. About 15 years ago one of our local hardware stores announced they were closing down. I spoke with the owner who placed the cause on a new Home Depot that opened up about ten miles away from his store. Lost for the future, he was questioning me about a career in trucking.

It was a wonderful store. Family owned and operated. They were even open all day Sunday.

At the time, I was making a delivery to a local company where I knew some of the workers from the area. One of them approached me about the closing of the hardware store, and how terrible it was. With that comment, I asked him "out of the last five times you purchased hardware, where did you go, to our local hardware store or Home Depot?" He bowed his head and said "Home Depot." I responded by saying "That's why he's closing up!"

So now Bob not only has to be competitive with super stores and the internet, he now has to deal with a huge minimum wage increase on top of that. How can he raise his prices anymore than he already has without putting himself out of business?

Thanks To The Fight For $15 Minimum Wage, Small Businesses Close And Employees Are Laid Off

I know I already responded to this post Ray.

Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart kills just about every small businesses in the communities. There is nothing illegal it’s a nature of doing business. That has nothing to do with MW.

Even if Bob hardware is selling lower than Home Depot prices your friend Bob will eventually close down. Not because of MW.

Even if Bob will not increase his MW. Bob will close. His business will close not because of MW.

Please ANYBODY.

McDonald's sells 1000 hamburgers a day, 1200 french fires, 1600 beverages. But Bob at Bob's hardware doesn't sell 400 boxes of nails or screws every day. So you won't see any noticeable price increases at McDonald's, but you will at Bob's.

***1. If your employer gives you a dollar an hour raise, it costs your employer more than that dollar because of associated expenses. A huge increase like nearly doubling it would drive people out of business because of that reason.

***2... The worst part is that a huge minimum wage increase causes a domino effect. If you got out of high school and got a job at a manufacturer of some sort, and started out at $9.00 an hour, eventually you will make $15.00 an hour in a couple of years. All of a sudden, you find yourself back at minimum wage because of some Democrat politicians. Are you going to continue doing your job at minimum wage? Of course not. You are going to demand to be paid at least five bucks an hour over minimum. Okay, fine. But then what about the guy at your shop who's been there much longer and is making $20.00 an hour?

When it comes to a full circle, the minimum wage worker finds himself in the exact same position he was in before the hike because now everything else costs more. The only people that made out were the politicians because now you are getting taxed at a higher rate. That's the only reason they are behind it.

Agree. However.

2. Business like Bobs hardware as your example will always raise prices. Most or all businesses raise prices every year. That’s a fact. Even restaurants.

***1.. So far I have not seen that. That is why I asked the same question over and over. Name me one establishment that went out of business because of this MW increase?

***2. That’s just an opinion from anti minimum wage. I repeat the same question.

The sad part with all these arguments is. There are tons of companies that give starting salaries over $15/ hour. Even a high school graduate.

I already pointed out how McDonald's will make up the difference, and that is a "slight' price increase on each of the thousands of items they sell a day. Bob can't do that.

Pricewise, Bob is already at a disadvantage with places like Home Depot, Lowes, and the internet. About 15 years ago one of our local hardware stores announced they were closing down. I spoke with the owner who placed the cause on a new Home Depot that opened up about ten miles away from his store. Lost for the future, he was questioning me about a career in trucking.

It was a wonderful store. Family owned and operated. They were even open all day Sunday.

At the time, I was making a delivery to a local company where I knew some of the workers from the area. One of them approached me about the closing of the hardware store, and how terrible it was. With that comment, I asked him "out of the last five times you purchased hardware, where did you go, to our local hardware store or Home Depot?" He bowed his head and said "Home Depot." I responded by saying "That's why he's closing up!"

So now Bob not only has to be competitive with super stores and the internet, he now has to deal with a huge minimum wage increase on top of that. How can he raise his prices anymore than he already has without putting himself out of business?

Thanks To The Fight For $15 Minimum Wage, Small Businesses Close And Employees Are Laid Off

Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart kills just about every small businesses in the communities. There is nothing illegal it’s a nature of doing business. That has nothing to do with MW.

Even if Bob hardware is selling lower than Home Depot prices your friend Bob will eventually close down. Not because of MW.

Even if Bob will not increase his MW. Bob will close. His business will close not because of MW.

It's amazing how you leftists read words, and it goes through your brain to mean something totally different than what you read.

The post clearly says those businesses closed down or laid off people because of the new minimum wage, not because of Walmart which has been around many years before the new MW started.

Please ANYBODY.

Agree. However.

It's amazing how you leftists read words, and it goes through your brain to mean something totally different than what you read.

The post clearly says those businesses closed down or laid off people because of the new minimum wage, not because of Walmart which has been around many years before the new MW started.

I read your post very clearly Ray. I did not stuttered.

1. Like I already said before I don’t trust you Ray. Not for a bit. So I don’t believe your story.

2. But let me entertain you...... Let me go a a bit further. The MW wage incremental. You do know that.

3. Are you telling me Bobs or any hardware stores cannot increases his prices to match the MW incremental prices?

4. Are you telling me bob or any stores never increase prices before?

5. Are you telling me that bob or any stores only sell one screw, one bulb, one wood?

If Bob or any stores do not practice those kinds or adopt to any kind of changes. Then they do not deserve to exist. Companies or any businesses increase prices just about every year to make up any expenses.

My friend that own PCB assembly productions ( feed thru & surface mount) in Santa Ana, Ca just bought AI ( auto insertion) machine. It’s a machine install components to a circuit board. Cost $280k. How and where do you think he will recover that expenses?

Agree. However.

1. Like I already said before I don’t trust you Ray. Not for a bit. So I don’t believe your story.

2. But let me entertain you...... Let me go a a bit further. The MW wage incremental. You do know that.

3. Are you telling me Bobs or any hardware stores cannot increases his prices to match the MW incremental prices?

5. Are you telling me that bob or any stores only sell one screw, one bulb, one wood?

If Bob or any stores do not practice those kinds or adopt to any kind of changes. Then they do not deserve to exist. Companies or any businesses increase prices just about every year to make up any expenses.

My friend that own PCB assembly productions ( feed thru & surface mount) in Santa Ana, Ca just bought AI ( auto insertion) machine. It’s a machine install components to a circuit board. Cost $280k. How and where do you think he will recover that expenses?

BTW the name of the company is EMI ( express manufacturing Inc) in Santa Ana. They are my major supplier of my circuit board assemblies since the early 90s. Also not a single employees makes less than $13.50/ hour.

EXACTLY!

Not only does it come full circle...
making more but with higher prices, no different than before

But, when you make more, you get back less in taxes
and many will lose or have government benefits reduced...
which is fine with me anyway

There needs to be a increase in tax revenue
to compensate for the flood of immigrants into the country
How the hell anyone is ok with, paying more, getting less
so others could have more is fucking beyond me

Whats going to happen when the next recession hits....
Because it will

Banks, credit cards, car loans are operating on
disposable income from immigrants
who rely on government assistance

When that segment of the population starts defaulting
it’s going to turn into a bigger financial mess than the last

There should be a head tax on all Hispanic and the like
Whether it be Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan
There should be a central fund created to offset the costs
of schooling, feeding, housing and providing healthcare
for the flood of Central and Latin America immigrants
paid for and funded by them exclusively

I do not understand how people are that fucking dense
when it comes to simple, basic math
When you are doling out funds for 500 people
that only 100 people have contributed to
and none of which are of the 500....WTF

Well like I’ve asked the same question over and over.

Name me any establishment or any business categories that went out of business because of MW increase.

All I heard over and over are mostly an opinion from anti MW increase.

And people are not fucking dense. I’m talking about facts and reality.

No company ever goes under when expenses increase. Wow! Cool story bro.

It’s not a story. I’m asking facts. I’ve been in this industry very very long. And I know lots of lots of businesses from different categories.

So ALL these opinions, philosophical bulshit about MW....... I have not seen a single one.
The same cow dung when Seattle started the MW increases.

And I know lots of lots of businesses from different categories.

And no business ever goes under when their expenses increase?

Agree. However.

What do you mean you don't trust me? I didn't write the article, it's from Forbes, and by reading your response, I bet you never even clicked on the link yet alone read the article.

A $15.00 minimum wage only does one thing, and that is cause inflation and cost of living increases. It's why in your state, a 200K home is just about ghetto and over here, a 200K home is middle-class or upper middle-class.

With the competition of overseas products, the last thing we need to do is further inflate ourselves out of the world market. It would cause more companies to move overseas because of labor costs. It would also influence more companies to invest in automation.

Please ANYBODY.

Agree. However.

Really? Because here in Amarillo, we have 2 HD's and 2 Lowe's. And, believe it or not, there are still mom and pop hardware stores. A couple of them, I know have been in business since 1999, because that is when I got here to Amarillo, and those places were here when I got here, and I still go to them on occasion, because they know more about their products than the workers at the mega stores.

Run kid, you are embarrassing yourself.

I just noticed you are only 18 yo kid. Did your parents teach you you to behaved this way?

Let me entertain you. If you are impressed just make sure you close your jaw.

Just incase you are not aware. I do get paid for my opinions. Not in this site. It doesn’t pay that much but it’s an honor. Sometimes it cost me more because I have to fly to a city where the study is taking place but it’s an honor....... So if you need a HERO ....... you are looking at it. Okay kid?

Let me give you a couple of examples that you might be aware....
1. Lexus LFA Nurburgring $400,000. I was part of the study before they went or even trying to start a production.
The study took place in New York and several part of US cities and Europe.

I blasted it and I was right 100%. If a Toyota cost that much why not just buy a Ferrari? If it cost that much should be stand alone & different name not Lexus. And stand alone dealership. This is the reason why you don’t see Lexus LFA in the streets.

2. Like this one 3 years ago. A special kind of car dealership. A building structure where you put your coin like a vending machine and car your choice will roll in front of u.
That’s a dumb idea. Why? The cost of the structure is not cheap. They will add that cost to the car prices compared that don’t have. If you want to see different colors you have to roll one at time instead of just walking in the car lots. If you selling different cars you will only see 2 or 3 models compared to just a regular dealership. I don’t expect to see this kind of structures to be nation wide profitable. It’s a thumbs down.

I have several of these studies from 2x to 8x a year of different products, ideas, opinions and opportunities from different categories. Including medical instruments and products. To life insurance to oil tankers insurance when they move in to Persian gulf and when leave to jet fuels etc etc ....... Except sex toys.

So if you need a hero. I’m here.

LOL, let's throw all kinds of shit against the wall and obfuscate. WHAT are the other "taxes" indexed to wages, c'mon you ar a self proclaimed genius (albeit the least intelligent one I've ever seen). I'm a little older than 18 child ;)

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Because if the press told the truth......they'd be out of a job.

Yes all those in the press ,some of the smartest people in the room are all liars ,,except for those on FOX coulter and limppaw

Nobody in the press is actually smart.

Let me just put this out there about journalism.

My husband got a degree in journalism. He also got a degree in creative writing at the same time, because the two degrees have almost the exact same class requirements.

Believing a journalist is telling you the cold, hard facts is like believing Stephen King is telling you cold, hard facts.

/----/ The business owner simply harvests ripe $20 bills from his money tree.
Duhhh, do we Libs have to spell everything out for you Republicans?
View attachment 274695

Most or ALL businesses increased prices every year. The same with McDonald’s.
You are arguing based from your own experience with no experience in ownership so I don’t expect you to understand business practices.

Please ANYBODY.

"I'll avoid your point entirely and pretend that it's being 'nice'."

Stuff your nice and try being honest. I already pointed out how your question is a straw man, and a badly-made one at that, so repeating it and demanding that I treat it like a real question isn't going to magically make it real.

"People don't buy from Amazon because of minimum wage, which makes minimum wage a good thing!" Another straw man. Seriously, you've spent way too much time learning to be "nice" in the hope that it would somehow make you not a piece of shit, and not nearly enough time learning how to actually think.

Oh, and FYI, trying to shame people into self-censoring only works on people who actually respect you. Write it down somewhere so you don't forget.

Agree. However.

Sorry to hear about Bob.

Home Depot, Costco, Walmart killed lots and lots of small businesses LOOOOOONG before MW increases even in the 80s.
So there’s no way you can blame MW Increases.

That’s the same happening overseas.

Walmart has helped more businesses than it ever hurt. Walmart is what's called an anchor store. Anchor stores draw people to a complex, and other vendors benefit by the amount of people the anchor store is attracting.

Even the contracts for those smaller stores are written around the anchor store. If the anchor store leaves, it allows the other stores to break their leases, because those smaller businesses know they can't be profitable on their own without the anchor.

True but that’s the nature of big business. That has nothing to do with with MW.
The same when I killed my competitors.

Do you realize that you'd have a better shot at pretending to be a business genius on the Internet if your posts weren't borderline illiterate? Seriously, I have a 10-year-old with better English skills.

Please ANYBODY.

:auiqs.jpg:

Shouldn't "the smartest in [sic] this site" be able to recognize when he's being made fun of?

Please ANYBODY.

Agree. However.

As much time as the left spends redefining words until they mean nothing at all, is it really surprising that what they read becomes something totally different when it passes through what they laughably call "their minds"?

Agree. However.

As much time as the left spends redefining words until they mean nothing at all, is it really surprising that what they read becomes something totally different when it passes through what they laughably call "their minds"?

This is so typical of the left. They always ask for proof of something we claim, and when you provide it, they say it's not proof at all. Usually the first thing they attack is the source which is why I always try to look for left-leaning sources; like they are really hard to find on Google. :badgrin:

Agree. However.

Sorry to hear about Bob.

Home Depot, Costco, Walmart killed lots and lots of small businesses LOOOOOONG before MW increases even in the 80s.
So there’s no way you can blame MW Increases.

That’s the same happening overseas.

Walmart has helped more businesses than it ever hurt. Walmart is what's called an anchor store. Anchor stores draw people to a complex, and other vendors benefit by the amount of people the anchor store is attracting.

Even the contracts for those smaller stores are written around the anchor store. If the anchor store leaves, it allows the other stores to break their leases, because those smaller businesses know they can't be profitable on their own without the anchor.

True but that’s the nature of big business. That has nothing to do with with MW.
The same when I killed my competitors.

Do you realize that you'd have a better shot at pretending to be a business genius on the Internet if your posts weren't borderline illiterate? Seriously, I have a 10-year-old with better English skills.

You know as well as I do every single liberal on USMB is either a business owner, independently wealthy, or comfortably retried. Some claim to work from home.

Me? I'm the only truck driver here! :auiqs.jpg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back