if the economy is doing better

How come everyone makes less and everything costs more?

Remember the Bank Bailouts?
That probably help depreciate the dollar.

Also, considering the upheaval in the job markets, pay may not have risen due to heavier competition for jobs.

If unemployment dips below 5%, pay should start rising again. Upward mobility and competition for skilled labor tends to help increase pay.
The captains of industry have determined that wages are going to stay low until we reach manufacturing cost parity with China.

That is hard for industries to do if unemployment drops too low.
Also, they may have future problems with China in terms of accessing their labor force and (China's) markets.

If they could do this without restriction, the Industries could force parity but the cost of living would have to drop here as well. They could kill their cash cow(US markets) if they destroy the demand side of the equation through low pay.

They need a consumer base that can buy their goods for profit and playing the Chinese markets against the US would only lead to equality(in all markets including labor) over time. Not good if the US consumer has learned to live without your product.
Add on shipping costs from China and even now we are approaching parity with them, at least as far as US businesses using Chinese labor are concerned, so maybe we are finally coming to that point.

With nearly 100 million working age Americans not working, the economy can't be all that good.

I am starting to wonder about that number. I need to check how Labor is calculating unemployment.

There is a slight possibility that there are openings and many people do not know about. However labor is counting them as filled from that number.

where's all the "help wanted" signs and ads in the paper. I surely don't see any such in my area. What I see is the soup lines being twice as long as last year! Where's all the pay raises, where's all the vacationers, new house and new car buyers, hmm? Anyone who "thinks' that this economy is better than it was is ignorant or evil, and probably evil.
Prison won't hire you?

where's all the "help wanted" signs and ads in the paper. I surely don't see any such in my area. What I see is the soup lines being twice as long as last year! Where's all the pay raises, where's all the vacationers, new house and new car buyers, hmm? Anyone who "thinks' that this economy is better than it was is ignorant or evil, and probably evil.
Prison won't hire you?
Probably has no skills other than forecasting the end of the world, that facial tattoo of Ron Paul probably is not helping.

With nearly 100 million working age Americans not working, the economy can't be all that good.

Libs call these folks retired....and they don't count...go figure.
Agreed...but the figure does include retirees, disabled, and students...of course, when added up they are nowhere near 100 million.
That number also does not count the many who are making a living off the books working for cash and reporting nothing, this can be anything from farm workers and day laborers to drug dealers. The underground economy is doing much better now as well, not that there are any accurate numbers.

Libs call these folks retired....and they don't count...go figure.
Agreed...but the figure does include retirees, disabled, and students...of course, when added up they are nowhere near 100 million.

148 million in the work place, 310 mil americans

you have to account for 162 million, not just 100 million

Finally you made a sensible post..

Booming where I live. So much better now than 2008.

Really? Why dont you tell us where you live so we can do our own research instead of taking your word for it.

$32 Trillion in personal wealth has been added to the economy

Didn't you get any?

Last edited:
You know

about 27% of the population is 20 or under...
and about 14 % are over 65--is this where that number is coming from?

Really? Why dont you tell us where you live so we can do our own research instead of taking your word for it.
I have a strict policy of not giving out any specific information about myself, too many assholes here, I hope you understand. I already said I live in Florida, other than that you get nothing.

I have a strict policy of not giving out any specific information about myself, too many assholes here, I hope you understand. I already said I live in Florida, other than that you get nothing.

I'm asking for the county not your address.

The economy here in Vegas seems to have gotten back to normal since the crash.

Didn't you get any?
No. It all went to the top 1% thanks the policies of your Messiah.

You know

about 27% of the population is 20 or under...
and about 14 % are over 65--is this where that number is coming from?

They dont count people of retirement age.
Labor does not, but these two groups produce people looking for work. I think they are referred to as non-traditional labor.

Even so, there is still a large segment of the population not accounted for.

Didn't you get any?
No. It all went to the top 1% thanks the policies of your Messiah.

You mean the one percent got it all?

What should we do about it?

I'm asking for the county not your address.
What does it matter? Probably all of them are beating the national average.

Forum List

Back