if the economy is doing better

May 21, 2015
where's all the "help wanted" signs and ads in the paper. I surely don't see any such in my area. What I see is the soup lines being twice as long as last year! Where's all the pay raises, where's all the vacationers, new house and new car buyers, hmm? Anyone who "thinks' that this economy is better than it was is ignorant or evil, and probably evil.

where's all the "help wanted" signs and ads in the paper. I surely don't see any such in my area. What I see is the soup lines being twice as long as last year! Where's all the pay raises, where's all the vacationers, new house and new car buyers, hmm? Anyone who "thinks' that this economy is better than it was is ignorant or evil, and probably evil.
Booming where I live. So much better now than 2008.

Some states are doing better.

You can get stats on the states that show changes in unemployment over a time period

Hmmm, I think I will check out floridas.

I've got stats by county as of May 2015

http://lmsresources.labormarketinfo.com/maps/laus/unemp_labforce.pdf

If I go up 1 county, I should see what you are seeing.
Yeah, this looks pretty accurate, at least for my locality. Anywhere here that caters to tourism is doing pretty well. Don't come to Florida unless you have a place to stay, some money on hand and some skills. If you have some skills, can pass drug test and show up everyday there are plenty of job openings here.

How come everyone makes less and everything costs more?

Remember the Bank Bailouts?
That probably help depreciate the dollar.

Also, considering the upheaval in the job markets, pay may not have risen due to heavier competition for jobs.

If unemployment dips below 5%, pay should start rising again. Upward mobility and competition for skilled labor tends to help increase pay.

Also, considering the upheaval in the job markets, pay may not have risen due to heavier competition for jobs.

If unemployment dips below 5%, pay should start rising again. Upward mobility and competition for skilled labor tends to help increase pay.
The captains of industry have determined that wages are going to stay low until we reach manufacturing cost parity with China.

Come to think about it, if unemployment goes below 5%, then the immigration issue will lose some steam.

Only unskilled Americans will have a true reason to be against it. In America, you need a real skill to survive or else life is going to suck

With nearly 100 million working age Americans not working, the economy can't be all that good.

The captains of industry have determined that wages are going to stay low until we reach manufacturing cost parity with China.

That is hard for industries to do if unemployment drops too low.
Also, they may have future problems with China in terms of accessing their labor force and (China's) markets.

If they could do this without restriction, the Industries could force parity but the cost of living would have to drop here as well. They could kill their cash cow(US markets) if they destroy the demand side of the equation through low pay.

They need a consumer base that can buy their goods for profit and playing the Chinese markets against the US would only lead to equality(in all markets including labor) over time. Not good if the US consumer has learned to live without your product.

Forum List

Back