If Rubio drops after FL, will Cruz catch Trump?

Rubio supporters are more likely to go to Kasich than Cruz. .
That would be the best news for Trump all year. A continued split opposition is what he is banking on, and Rubio people going to Kasich would guarantee that there will be no solidified opposition to Trump.

That would be the best news for Trump all year. A continued split opposition is what he is banking on, and Rubio people going to Kasich would guarantee that there will be no solidified opposition to Trump.

While the scenario is not exactly likely, the best prospect if you are anti-Trump is-----------> 1 of 3----------> Cruz/Rubio wins both Florida and Ohio. (not gonna happen) Rubio loses Florida to Trump, Kasich wins Ohio and Rubio drops. (possible) Trump wins Ohio but loses Florida, and Kasich drops. (less probable) If Trump takes them both, the whole shooting match is just about over.

Hypothetical's and scenarios are being played throughout the GOP to find a path to stop both Trump and Cruz. While I may be a political animal, I can't find one without tearing the party apart without nominating one of these 2 gentlemen by them winning outright. If they go brokered and bypass the largest vote getter, then yes, Hillary will win as the GOP revolts. So I suppose, how the GOP chooses to handle this situation, and if they insure someone wins, is more important than anything else. They can't really choose anyone in a brokered, without pissing precious votes off.

It is what it is. They created the problem with their arrogance, and so let them navigate the mine field for the good of the party!

On the other hand.....................it is MORE likely that Trump or Cruz will win the GOP nomination, than Hillary or Bernie; at least if you follow the news. So don't be disgusted quite yet, because the "look squirrel" politics of the left, only works, as long as something dramatic doesn't come out over there sucking up the political oxygen.

Trust me when I tell you by every survey poll on what is important to Americans, Bernie can't win; in fact in a 1v1 with any GOP once things are explained rationally, Bernie might be lucky to carry New York, plus the DNC doesn't want him either........worse than the GOP doesn't want Trump, lol.. So if Clinton folds for SOME reason, we will absolutely have a new face in this election.

Let us deal with the revelations one at a time, then take new stock in June, after we see who the GOP nominee is, while still watching the SOAP OPERA of e-mails going on in the Clinton camp-)

I believe the odds are slightly better than 50-50 he will as most states go to a closed primary, where Democratic voters will not be able to help Mr Trump. Now of course, that is assuming that Rubio isn't propped up by the GOP attempting everything possible to get to a brokered convention as they despise Cruz as much, or more than Trump.

As of this particular time, it appears that Cruz would beat Hillary, and the same scenario goes for Cruz as for Trump; Kasich as VP takes Ohio, Cruz makes it slightly more difficult to secure Florida, although being of Cuban descent will have it's impact there for sure.

This is the only scenario that gives the GOP a non Trump nomination, that will not send Trump supporters off the deep end, unless anyone believes that Kasich or Rubio can catch him. Send this to a brokered convention and not choose Trump if he has the most delegates, and watch all hell break loose if he is not the nominee. But if he loses fair and square, tranquility may very well be restored to the GOP ranks, although the GOP establishment will surely be grinding their teeth! And yet, they really can't complain much, since their whole shtick has been to depose Trump; it is just they couldn't get "Little Marco" in that position-)

you call the Donald "mr trump" but call the senators by their last name only and refer to senator Rubio as "little marco".

yeah, you're not a trump loon or anything like that. :rofl:

I believe the odds are slightly better than 50-50 he will as most states go to a closed primary, where Democratic voters will not be able to help Mr Trump. Now of course, that is assuming that Rubio isn't propped up by the GOP attempting everything possible to get to a brokered convention as they despise Cruz as much, or more than Trump.

As of this particular time, it appears that Cruz would beat Hillary, and the same scenario goes for Cruz as for Trump; Kasich as VP takes Ohio, Cruz makes it slightly more difficult to secure Florida, although being of Cuban descent will have it's impact there for sure.

This is the only scenario that gives the GOP a non Trump nomination, that will not send Trump supporters off the deep end, unless anyone believes that Kasich or Rubio can catch him. Send this to a brokered convention and not choose Trump if he has the most delegates, and watch all hell break loose if he is not the nominee. But if he loses fair and square, tranquility may very well be restored to the GOP ranks, although the GOP establishment will surely be grinding their teeth! And yet, they really can't complain much, since their whole shtick has been to depose Trump; it is just they couldn't get "Little Marco" in that position-)

you call the Donald "mr trump" but call the senators by their last name only and refer to senator Rubio as "little marco".

You caught me Jilly-) Actually, I support Cruz, but 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other. As far as being a loon, I would think that definition fits you faaaaaaaaar more than it does me, if you look at the issue polls.

But then again, we can't talk about issues, for if we do all of the time, you might lose solidly blue states when they realize, all you want to talk about is racism, homophobia, or anything else you can hang on the GOP nominee.

I don't think it is going to work this time though. I actually believe that after watching the ascension of Bernie, the Democratic voters are tired of your establishment tripe too!

You caught me Jilly-) Actually, I support Cruz, but 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other. As far as being a loon, I would think that definition fits you faaaaaaaaar more than it does me, if you look at the issue polls.

But then again, we can't talk about issues, for if we do all of the time, you might lose solidly blue states when they realize, all you want to talk about is racism, homophobia, or anything else you can hang on the GOP nominee.

I don't think it is going to work this time though. I actually believe that after watching the ascension of Bernie, the Democratic voters are tired of your establishment tripe too!

I'm not voting for Bernie.

and I'm far from a loon.

now go back to whinging and whining for the trumpster.

oh...and thanks for being one of the Donald's low education voters that he loves so much.

While the scenario is not exactly likely, the best prospect if you are anti-Trump is-----------> 1 of 3----------> Cruz/Rubio wins both Florida and Ohio. (not gonna happen) Rubio loses Florida to Trump, Kasich wins Ohio and Rubio drops. (possible) Trump wins Ohio but loses Florida, and Kasich drops. (less probable) If Trump takes them both, the whole shooting match is just about over.

Hypothetical's and scenarios are being played throughout the GOP to find a path to stop both Trump and Cruz. While I may be a political animal, I can't find one without tearing the party apart without nominating one of these 2 gentlemen by them winning outright. If they go brokered and bypass the largest vote getter, then yes, Hillary will win as the GOP revolts. So I suppose, how the GOP chooses to handle this situation, and if they insure someone wins, is more important than anything else. They can't really choose anyone in a brokered, without pissing precious votes off.

It is what it is. They created the problem with their arrogance, and so let them navigate the mine field for the good of the party!

On the other hand.....................it is MORE likely that Trump or Cruz will win the GOP nomination, than Hillary or Bernie; at least if you follow the news. So don't be disgusted quite yet, because the "look squirrel" politics of the left, only works, as long as something dramatic doesn't come out over there sucking up the political oxygen.

Trust me when I tell you by every survey poll on what is important to Americans, Bernie can't win; in fact in a 1v1 with any GOP once things are explained rationally, Bernie might be lucky to carry New York, plus the DNC doesn't want him either........worse than the GOP doesn't want Trump, lol.. So if Clinton folds for SOME reason, we will absolutely have a new face in this election.

Let us deal with the revelations one at a time, then take new stock in June, after we see who the GOP nominee is, while still watching the SOAP OPERA of e-mails going on in the Clinton camp-)

If Bernie is so bad, then why do so many polls show him outperforming Hillary in a match up against any of the Republicans?

I'm not voting for Bernie.

and I'm far from a loon.

now go back to whinging and whining for the trumpster.

oh...and thanks for being one of the Donald's low education voters that he loves so much.

I hate to break it to you, Jillian, but I like Bernie. If Rubio gets the nomination, I hope to get to vote for him in the general. I've already voted for Cruz in VA.

If Bernie is so bad, then why do so many polls show him outperforming Hillary in a match up against any of the Republicans?

Jim, the reason that you have asked Jilly an answer for, is because Bernie is seen as honest. Doesn't mean his policies will fly, just that he is seen as actually believing what he says. I concur. I actually think he believes it also, just doesn't make it workable, hehe.

The DNC and media doesn't think Bernie has a chance; and why would they, when Clinton has garnered all of those super delegates? If Bernie was to win, it would be the biggest political upset in politics, akin to if Mondale beat Reagan for Reagan's 2nd term.

The absolute truth of the matter is simple...........no matter how hard the left tries to convince you it is not..............that the left does NOT want to run against Trump or Cruz, they want to run against Kasich or anyone else on the GOP side.

So your question is why? (I know this, lol)

Because DNC voting is going DOWN this election, by some pundits a lot, by others, slightly less than that. TRUMP steals Democratic votes in states that count, like Ohio and Florida, New Hampshire, Colorado, and even Penn where some say, Trump is ahead of Hilly. (if that is true, it is Katie bar the door; although I can neither confirm, nor deny that)

Cruz makes this ideological, and the issues point to him winning, if you take the temperature of the polls on "what is most important to Americans." As long as the left doesn't get to paint him :crazier, or dumber" than Hillary, he will probably win; proven at this moment by the polls that show he starts from a winning position, and Hillary has to catch him.

Primary politics suck big time. We must all remember that defeating Hillary and/or Bernie is our primary reason for voting. I am under the impression, (lefty bullsh** aside) that the DNC is going to lose as long as the GOP doesn't try anything stupid.

If you follow ELECTORAL politics, you will see how this is not only possible, but is highly probable. And just think, all we have to do is vote-)

If it were Bern vs Donald, Bern would beat him by 10 points.

But that won't be the prize card.

The absolute truth of the matter is simple...........no matter how hard the left tries to convince you it is not..............that the left does NOT want to run against Trump or Cruz, they want to run against Kasich or anyone else on the GOP side.

You got that bass akwards.

Ima and the other freeks are beginning to realize just how vulnerable are Trump and Cruz.

Forum List

Back