If republicans and tea baggers find the constitution so sacred...

yes they did make a concession, they pulled the defund the ACA codicil they tried first.....so, read that again, they backed off and made it about exactly what it should be, so, let me ask you- when does obama back off or make a concession? :eusa_eh:

To borrow from someone else form another thread:

compromise_zpsacb8b345.png

Delaying the individual mandate is the same as burning down a house?

See that's the problems with "all or nothing" progressives. They actually think that giving an inch is the same as burning down a house. That's why your side let the government shut down instead of passing the budget and negotiating on the delays.

It's very transparent.

No delay is necessary, so your wingnut heroes in Congress ain't gettin' it. Instead, they can have the privilege of sniping from the sidelines, which they're doing anyway.

Guess they better come up with something that doesn't affect the ACA.

You really are clueless aren't you, if there are all the lefties out there why are most state houses ran by republicans, you folks may control some of the more populous states but not the majority of the states.
That has nothing to do with what I said.

Actually it does, the majority of the states are red so the congress should reflect that and it does.

Show me a district like that.

10%? :lol:
There's something wrong with this picture!

Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Virginia and Pennsylvania were the worst offenders. In each case, only a small number of seats from each state went to Democrats despite the fact that Obama won all of them. In Virginia, for instance, 27 percent of seats went to Democrats, while Obama got 52 percent of the vote. In Pennsylvania, 28 percent of seats went to Democrats, and Obama won 53 percent.

See that's the problems with "all or nothing" progressives. They actually think that giving an inch is the same as burning down a house. That's why your side let the government shut down instead of passing the budget and negotiating on the delays.

It's very transparent.

No delay is necessary, so your wingnut heroes in Congress ain't gettin' it. Instead, they can have the privilege of sniping from the sidelines, which they're doing anyway.

If no delay is necessary, why were so many waivers and exemptions granted?

List of health reform waivers keeps growing - The Hill's Healthwatch

If republicans and tea baggers find the constitution so sacred then why can't they accept a law that was ruled as constitutional?

Because they don’t respect its case law, which is a failure to respect the Constitution – as the Constitution exists only in the context of its case law.

Hummmm...

Do you really and truly want to go there?

Show me a district like that.

10%? :lol:
There's something wrong with this picture!

Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Virginia and Pennsylvania were the worst offenders. In each case, only a small number of seats from each state went to Democrats despite the fact that Obama won all of them. In Virginia, for instance, 27 percent of seats went to Democrats, while Obama got 52 percent of the vote. In Pennsylvania, 28 percent of seats went to Democrats, and Obama won 53 percent.

So you couldn't back up your claim, you're just pissed that people generally hate Congress but like their representative. Gallup backs this up.

It's very transparent.

If no delay is necessary, why were so many waivers and exemptions granted?

List of health reform waivers keeps growing - The Hill's Healthwatch

Cuz they're politicians, I suppose.

The bulk of this law is gonna go on as scheduled and if the Republicans can successfully make the case next November that it's terrible, they might just get themselves a veto-proof majority. But they're gonna have to rip at it while it's in effect.

So you couldn't back up your claim, you're just pissed that people generally hate Congress but like their representative. Gallup backs this up.
You get the picture.

I gave you one link of many.

If I can remember the Congressman who represented only 10% of his district, I will post it. Until then, you'll just have to settle on the point I was making.

Billo Reilly..

Do us all a favor and go back to school, take a basic American Government Class and learn what is what please.

The U.S. is a Constitutional Representative Republic. We are NOT a Democracy. While there is a form of "Majority Rule", there are protections for the "Minority". That is why when Reid was the Senate Minority Leader, he decried the rules that favored the Republican Majority and fought for rules that gave him, in the Minority, an effective voice in the Senate.. Now that he is the Senate Majority Leader, he decries the rules that allow the minority Republicans to have an effective voice in the Senate.

Actually it does, the majority of the states are red so the congress should reflect that and it does.
They are only red because of the way they drew district lines, not because the majority of the population is republican.

I don't think you understand how elections work.

The majority of the voters elected Republicans in the districts that have Republican Representatives. Therefore, the majority of the voters are Republican in those districts. If your beef is with Gerrymandering, you should start by abolishing the Voting Rights Act that deliberately mandates minority districts.

HR 3590 originally titled: Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 was passed by the house, the senate stripped the entire contents of the bill, changed the name and inserted maobamacare. The content of the bill did not originate in the house, therefore the bill raising revenues did not originate in the house. Any questions?

Edit: The penalty for the individual was also found unconstitutional, that's when Roberts decided to resurrect it as a tax.

The bill originated in the House. It was a cheese move...but it was legal.

No, the bill number only originated in the house, the bill contents originated in the senate and there is currently a court case in progress challenging that very fact.

If the House adopted the bill, the House owned its origination. Look up case law.

You get the picture.

I gave you one link of many.

If I can remember the Congressman who represented only 10% of his district, I will post it. Until then, you'll just have to settle on the point I was making.

The point you made is bullshit, that's why you can't show any facts to prove it. The only thing you can prove is that you don't like the current laws.

One idiot reactionary of the right was arguing that majority should rule in another thread.

Here we have folks arguing that we aren't a democracy.

I suspect that the far right distrusts itself even more than the other 90% of America.

I don't think you understand how elections work.

The majority of the voters elected Republicans in the districts that have Republican Representatives. Therefore, the majority of the voters are Republican in those districts. If your beef is with Gerrymandering, you should start by abolishing the Voting Rights Act that deliberately mandates minority districts.
The majority of voters in those states voted democrat.

The representatives from those states should reflect that, but they don't.

Because of the fucked up way they redraw the districts.

Billo Reilly..

Do us all a favor and go back to school, take a basic American Government Class and learn what is what please.

The U.S. is a Constitutional Representative Republic. We are NOT a Democracy. While there is a form of "Majority Rule", there are protections for the "Minority". That is why when Reid was the Senate Minority Leader, he decried the rules that favored the Republican Majority and fought for rules that gave him, in the Minority, an effective voice in the Senate.. Now that he is the Senate Majority Leader, he decries the rules that allow the minority Republicans to have an effective voice in the Senate.
You can take that condescending attitude and shove it up your ass!

You're taking what I said out of context.

The point you made is bullshit, that's why you can't show any facts to prove it. The only thing you can prove is that you don't like the current laws.
I didn't say anything about any laws and I posted my citations to back up my claim.

You may think its bullshit, but you certainly haven't proven it's bullshit.

Um yeah those are the NEW conditions because those whiney children you call republicans are making concessions because they aren't getting their way.

Yeah i think Obama has done a terrible job explaining it. I agree with that.

yes they did make a concession, they pulled the defund the ACA codicil they tried first.....so, read that again, they backed off and made it about exactly what it should be, so, let me ask you- when does obama back off or make a concession? :eusa_eh:

That's it exactly.

Forum List

Back