Tax Cuts And 'Starving The Beast'

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Wry Catcher, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,254
    Background:

Tax Cuts And 'Starving The Beast' - Forbes

The above is a short read, BTW and STB seems to be the ideological foundation of the Tea Party Republicans.

Is it wrong to infer that the shut down of our government was only the first gambit and more intransigence will follow as we approach the deadline to raise the debt limit?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. boilermaker55

boilermaker55 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    This will never happen because of the teaparty is wholly owned by the kochbrothers and others of their wealth. Since Citizen United the teaparty now can be funded fully by koch brothers and their kind.

3. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,687
    The Tea Party is not ONE party but a lot of individual parties that share the same values.

It's obvious you do not know a thing about the Tea Party other than what you hear from the liberal media.

Now if what you say has any truth to it then it should be easy for you to prove.

4. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,254
    Or you could educate us. I admit what I know of the TP was formed by watching over- weight, middle aged white men and women dressed in 17th Century garb or wrapped in an American Flag play acting as patriots as they marched on The Mall, and what I read on this message board, the radical Republicans in the House and Senate or hear from Limbaugh, Hannity, Palin, et al.

The values which seem most TP adherents support seem to be framed by, "it's all about me"; compassion isn't one of them. `Envy, seems to be a common factor too, since distain for government employees (cops, teachers) and union members is another characteristic I observe as well as their hate for government in general.

So, please tell us, what makes the TP special?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  5. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Political Atheist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,004
    When I was a member of the Tea Party (for a short time) I was unaware we were owned by anyone. The Koch Brothers surely didn't coerce me to have the opinions I had.

6. NoTeaPartyPleez

NoTeaPartyPleez Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,698

Indeed. Art Pope is another Tea Bagger funder. He bought himself the state of North Carolina.

7. NoTeaPartyPleez

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,698
    Do you REALLY think they were going to inform you that you were fucking bought and paid for?

Don't you think they are just a little smarter than that?

Don't you ever recall that saying about, "If you are so damn smart, why ain't you rich?"

Don't you think they were capable of making you think you were part of a grass roots movement? Really? (shaking head)

8. NoTeaPartyPleez

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,698
    I think they even have a secret handshake but their motto is: "I got mine, so pull up the ladder."

9. NoTeaPartyPleez

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,698

Honey, I'm related to one and I hear their shit first hand. I'm appalled that the Tea Baggers want to get rid of one man = one vote, but they do, based on the one man's ability to pay taxes.

They have a scorched earth policy and the irony is that they are the ones who are burning as we speak.

And Boehner will have to find a new way of defining is legacy because right now he's your bitch and that's not what he had in his master plan.

10. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    Allow me to recommend a book to you that I just finished reading last Sunday. It's only 265 pages not counting end notes and the index. It's definitely worth everyone's time, liberal or conservative.

[​IMG]
    The Big Con: The True Story of How Washington Got Hoodwinked and Hijacked by Crackpot Economics