If oil supply has nothing to with the price, then why?????

Libs talk out both ends, they'll tell one crowd of idiots one thing but then tell another something else deep down knowing they lied to one group.

They talk about "weaning" us off oil by driving up the cost of it but then turn around and blame the oil companies for high prices at the pump. Chu said he wanted European gas prices but when questioned by Congress, he acted like some demon spoke for him.
Weaning the country off of oil is a long term goal that will take many years. However, we do need to produce more oil now to increase US exports and create jobs. Obama has made several comments about the need to produce more and in fact production has increase since he took office.

Obama is blamed for the increase in gas prices. Why? Because the president is always blamed for higher gas prices. It's getting to be an American tradition. The Republicans blame the Democrats and Democrats blame the oil companies. However, neither Obama, nor the Democrats, nor the oil companies are responsible for the rise in prices.

North Sea Crude production is off considerably reducing supply, worldwide demand for oil has increased, and the seasonal increase in US demand for gas has started to have an effect.

It's an elections year, so it's time once again for fairy tales.

Why tap into the reserves?
and if the GOP influences Oil, how does that influence go to the middle east? we dont have any oil, remember?
Hedge funds have plenty of placed to make profits. Not even sure GS trades in Oil futures, They probably do, but oil futures are traded on a different market than the stock market
They trade Exxon I am sure, but futures?
I will google that, thats interesting

Look you may not believe this, but it is against the law to artificiall drive up items traded on the open market like crude
If Obama is so sure this is whats going on, why not investigate?

Why tap into the reserves?

Wall Street machine has gone hogher than Obamam is comfortable with
and if the GOP influences Oil, how does that influence go to the middle east? we dont have any oil, remember?

If you check the facts we are actaully the 2nd largest oil producer in the world. With the new technology we also are among the world leaders in reserves.

Hedge funds have plenty of placed to make profits. Not even sure GS trades in Oil futures, They probably do, but oil futures are traded on a different market than the stock market
They trade Exxon I am sure, but futures?
Hedge Funds greatest profits in the last 5 years have come from commodities. They have specialized trading desks just for that purpose.

I will google that, thats interesting
Keep googling man....with discrimination.

And we are 1st or 2nd in consumption? Kinda zeroes things out a bit then?

No. rather makes us a market maker and currently the gougers reign, but they will eventually serve time or be murdered.

I am intimately familiar with the movements of commodities prices. That is my forte and I have made a shit ton of money riding them for the past several years.

I prefer metals to oil, though. But not gold. Gold is overrun with cow-brained speculators. Fricking stampeding mindless rubes running to and fro.

Gold may be the next bubble to burst.

i'll believe gold is overpriced when i start believing in the dollar again.

I am intimately familiar with the movements of commodities prices. That is my forte and I have made a shit ton of money riding them for the past several years.

I prefer metals to oil, though. But not gold. Gold is overrun with cow-brained speculators. Fricking stampeding mindless rubes running to and fro.

Gold may be the next bubble to burst.

i'll believe gold is overpriced when i start believing in the dollar again.

Well you better believe, because relative to the rest of the world it is now the strongest and in this case relativity counts.

Libs talk out both ends, they'll tell one crowd of idiots one thing but then tell another something else deep down knowing they lied to one group.

They talk about "weaning" us off oil by driving up the cost of it but then turn around and blame the oil companies for high prices at the pump. Chu said he wanted European gas prices but when questioned by Congress, he acted like some demon spoke for him.
Weaning the country off of oil is a long term goal that will take many years. However, we do need to produce more oil now to increase US exports and create jobs. Obama has made several comments about the need to produce more and in fact production has increase since he took office.

Obama is blamed for the increase in gas prices. Why? Because the president is always blamed for higher gas prices. It's getting to be an American tradition. The Republicans blame the Democrats and Democrats blame the oil companies. However, neither Obama, nor the Democrats, nor the oil companies are responsible for the rise in prices.

North Sea Crude production is off considerably reducing supply, worldwide demand for oil has increased, and the seasonal increase in US demand for gas has started to have an effect.

4.00 a gallon of gas
4.75 for diesal
and the 100s of thousands of jobs left over seas because we do not extract oil, lets say in Alabams, Florida, Ohio as well as other states that have proven oil reserves
well I am counting states that are never discussed
pipe lines
extraction
delivary
rigs
pipe
construction of
vehicles
I can go on
yea it is poitics, politics for a reason as I asses it

4.00 a gallon of gas
4.75 for diesal
and the 100s of thousands of jobs left over seas because we do not extract oil, lets say in Alabams, Florida, Ohio as well as other states that have proven oil reserves
pipe lines
extraction
delivary
rigs
pipe
construction of
vehicles
I can go on

"as I asses it"

Yep!

4.00 a gallon of gas
4.75 for diesal
pipe lines
extraction
delivary
rigs
pipe
construction of
vehicles
I can go on

YEAH, YEAH YEAH WHAT A BUNCH OF CROCK. The US ( it is where us of the US Messsage Board lives) are sitting on record surpluses of supply and all kinds from even inordinate sources are coming on line. So, I am starting to suspect you may be of that gouger category.

Last edited:

4.00 a gallon of gas
4.75 for diesal
pipe lines
extraction
delivary
rigs
pipe
construction of
vehicles
I can go on

YEAH, YEAH YEAH WHAT A BUNCH OF CROCK. The US ( it is where us of the US Messsage Board lives) are sitting on record surpluses of supply and all kinds from even inordinate sources are coming on line. So, I am starting to suspect you may be of that gouger category.

Did you read the thread you rebutted to?
Its not just about fuel prices
JOBS

crstuss.gif

When did this occur?
and why is it we are about to tap the reseves again?

nah a month or two back i was reading NPR where they stated prices dropped in part because Americans where cutting back in usage.

Cutting back isnt a complete fix, but it does help.

Typically those of us who take what we state on this message board seriously we post a link
Its ok
Look cutting back on petro products will do very little, in all reality hi MPG vehicles have been around for a long time
The volt is dead, so with that the battery car died with it

The real issue is with Semis, heavy equip and all of thing petro products make that have nothing to do with driving vehichles, such as plastics

A semi loaded gets 3-4 MPG 7 days a week, 10 hours a day
take a look around
when you drive 50 miles a week a semi has done that in 1 hour and used 13 gallons of fuel
You raise an interesting point, who uses the most fuel, commercial or non-commercial vehicles? I have not seen anything on this. The administration has been pushing more fuel efficient trucks, but no information on fuel usage.

Obama Seeks 20% Cut in U.S. Big-Rig Truck Fuel Use by 2018 - Bloomberg

4.00 a gallon of gas
4.75 for diesal
pipe lines
extraction
delivary
rigs
pipe
construction of
vehicles
I can go on

JOBS

Well you do not increase jobs or people's general welfare or the economy by oppressing them or inordinately shifting resources to the greedy "imagined elite".

nah a month or two back i was reading NPR where they stated prices dropped in part because Americans where cutting back in usage.

Typically those of us who take what we state on this message board seriously we post a link
Its ok
Look cutting back on petro products will do very little, in all reality hi MPG vehicles have been around for a long time

The real issue is with Semis, heavy equip and all of thing petro products make that have nothing to do with driving vehichles, such as plastics

A semi loaded gets 3-4 MPG 7 days a week, 10 hours a day
take a look around
when you drive 50 miles a week a semi has done that in 1 hour and used 13 gallons of fuel
You raise an interesting point, who uses the most fuel, commercial or non-commercial vehicles? I have not seen anything on this. The administration has been pushing more fuel efficient trucks, but no information on fuel usage.

Obama Seeks 20% Cut in U.S. Big-Rig Truck Fuel Use by 2018 - Bloomberg

Not sure how your going to do that
Those engines have to have the fuel to move the weight
Its common sense
if you take 100 cars X 100 miles a week, thats 10,000 miles
20 miles per gallon (which would be vevry good)
thats 500 gallons

1 semi at 2000 miles a week will burn 500 gallons, maybe more
not including heavy eq
50 gallons 10 hour day for every loader, excavator you see if it works all day

It the same with Jets, another fuel burning monster
compressors
light plants

there is so much that burns fuel
now remeber, were talking of raising the statndard on cars and trucks, (it is actually law) but we are not talking about eliminating the same
Were taking going from 18 to 22 at best, new and small

Its ok

Im not going to go digging for a link, i'm relaxing this evening and just dont care. Believe me or don't.

Cutting back on usage made it drop about ten cents, so while its not a lot. It is something. Of course i said it wasn't a fix for the problem, But hey i guess you just want to hear yourself talk.

Cutting back on usage is good for all. I applaud that. I have been able to cut out over a thousand gallons of oil based fuel usage a year and looking to do more. I stay warmer and have extra cash for other pursuits. I feel for those who may be stuck in the viscious cycle and I am willing to be their voice against greedy oppressors.

Last edited:

JOBS

Well you do not increase jobs or people's general welfare or the economy by oppressing them or inordinately shifting resources to the greedy "imagined elite".

Do What?
Dude thats over the top
Where do you think jobs come from?

Its ok

Im not going to go digging for a link, i'm relaxing this evening and just dont care. Believe me or don't.

Cutting back on usage made it drop about ten cents, so while its not a lot. It is something. Of course i said it wasn't a fix for the problem, But hey i guess you just want to hear yourself talk.

Cutting back on usage is good for all. I applaud that. I have been able to cut out over a thousand gallons of oil based fuel usage a year and looking to do more. I stay warmer and have extra cash for other pursuits. I feel for those who may be stuck in the viscious cycle and I am willing to be their voice against greedy oppressors.

when did this 10 cent event occur, provide us with a link this time please
an 18 wheeler burns 500 gallons a week
its not about saving 10 gallons of fuel a week, it may help, but very little

JOBS

Do What?
Dude thats over the top
Where do you think jobs come from?

Certainly not from increasing the cost to get to work????? "Over the top????" What planet do you live on?

Libs what about the 100s of thousands of jobs we could bring here if we allowed more drilling here along with more pipe lines?
What about eliminating the Vix?
I mean Iran, OPEC would be a non issue

and

the question remains, if supply id not the issue, why tap the reserves?

So I am supposed to pay more to get to my job so that someone else gets a job?

(rhetorical of course since I do not work)

Forum List

Back