If Obama wiretapped Trump, can we retroactively impeach him?

Obama is no longer the President

Which means he can now sue liars like Trump and you.

Have you considered that? Considering that you're lying and Obama isn't, liars like you are the only ones in legal danger here.
Obama is a public figure, so no, he can't sue me for defaming him, unless he can prove I knew the statement was false or had reckless disregard to its truth.

And I believe the statement to be true, which is an absolute defense.

We can't remove him from office, but we could strip him of all the benefits ex-Presidents enjoy: Secret Service protection, cushy retirement benefits, and maybe even civil suits to strip him of his assets and any royalties he earns writing his new book.
Prove Obama wiretapped Trump.

We can't remove him from office, but we could strip him of all the benefits ex-Presidents enjoy: Secret Service protection, cushy retirement benefits, and maybe even civil suits to strip him of his assets and any royalties he earns writing his new book.
I don't work for the FBI, but I'm sure they will get on it.

They, along with other intelligence services, deny it's true. Only Alt-Right is pushing it.

Have you considered that? Considering that you're lying and Obama isn't, liars like you are the only ones in legal danger here.
You cannot sue the government. It's called Sovereign Immunity.
You CAN sue the government, people do it all the time. I actually sued the government once myself.
I had no idea. I thought they has sovereign immunity. Really? Did you win?

You CAN sue the government, people do it all the time. I actually sued the government once myself.
I had no idea? I thought they has sovereign immunity? Really? Did you win?
YES.

I had no idea? I thought they has sovereign immunity? Really? Did you win?
YES.
You sued the government and won. Wow! You really are full of surprises, Blackrook. You must be a very good attorney!

Hardly a day goes by that I dont thank Gawd that this old witch was defeated for the POTUS.

View attachment 116052
Don't forget insane. One of the things people like Hillary (who became a witch decades ago - joined a witches church out in California) never seen to factor in is that those who practice witchcraft eventually lose their minds, go insane, become alcoholics, have mental breakdowns. I've heard of many cases where that has happened and it looks like she is another one its happened to. The occult is dangerous business and Satan is out to destroy these people. They are playing with fire.

Obama can not simply order a wire tap...sheesh! Ignorance sure is bliss, eh?

IF there was a wire tap on Trump, that would mean the Justice Department, through their investigative team, the FBI, FOUND PROBABLE CAUSE that Trump WAS likely committing a crime, or tied up in foreign espionage.... And the Judge in the FISA COURT agreed.

You better be PRAYING there was NO FISA warrant to tap Trump's phones, cuz if there were, it means he is involved with, something illegal.

C4A, the president can order surveillance without getting a FISA. That is only for the intelligence community under normal operations, and the President can issue such operations orders under exceptional circumstances.

Also we already know that a FISA was given to the FBI to conduct surveillance on Trump's associates, including his campaign manager Manafort, and since they then conduct surveillance on all people within three degrees removed from the target, we know already, if you just think about it, that Trumps communications were recorded and intercepted and given to Obama.

We are witnessing a coup in slow motion.
A FISA warrant is for FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE

A President can NOT issue a Fisa Warrant...he can authorize under special circumstances the surveillance of foreign operatives, without a warrant, NOT USA Citizens, with the legal approval of the Attorney General after all protocol steps are taken, and the 2 congressional intelligence select committees are notified AND with the Chief Justice involved in the process as well....

There is no coup, but there is strong evidence of collusion between Pres. Trump, and the Russians, perhaps even a quid pro quo between the Trump camp and Putin's guys.... he very well, could end up impeached....you are not reading about it because you narrow your news sources, but I am following this closely and much of the Dossier, is now actually checking out....the dots are being connected and confirmed.

The Russian Connection is real, the drastic moves Trump has taken, is REAL...like gutting the State Dept, our soft power, which gives Russia more Power is Real, Trump changing the RNC platform, which Trump denied, on our support for the Ukraine...making the RNC withdraw that and basically give support to Russia by doing that is REAL, and Russia sending an operative to met with Trump and team to tell trump this is the change he wanted from trump, is REAL, the Trump team guy who made the change in the platform admitted yesterday that Trump directly ordered him to do it....Trump lied on video saying ''he knew nothing about it''...

Trump buying a $40 million dollar mansion and selling it to a Russian Oligarch for $95 million just months later is REAL.......

sessions lying or purposely misleading under oath about the Russian contacts, is real...

Flynn lying about his Russian conversations is REAL...

you could not write a better spy novel.... than what is unfolding before our very eyes....

Yes, everyone is innocent, until proven guilty....

but to deny the evidence is not adding up is ludicrous imo!

A President can NOT issue a Fisa Warrant...he can authorize under special circumstances the surveillance of foreign operatives, without a warrant, NOT USA Citizens, with the legal approval of the Attorney General after all protocol steps are taken, and the 2 congressional intelligence select committees are notified AND with the Chief Justice involved in the process as well....

There is no coup, but there is strong evidence of collusion between Pres. Trump, and the Russians, perhaps even a quid pro quo between the Trump camp and Putin's guys.... he very well, could end up impeached....you are not reading about it because you narrow your news sources, but I am following this closely and much of the Dossier, is now actually checking out....the dots are being connected and confirmed.

The Russian Connection is real, the drastic moves Trump has taken, is REAL...like gutting the State Dept, our soft power, which gives Russia more Power is Real, Trump changing the RNC platform, which Trump denied, on our support for the Ukraine...making the RNC withdraw that and basically give support to Russia by doing that is REAL, and Russia sending an operative to met with Trump and team to tell trump this is the change he wanted from trump, is REAL, the Trump team guy who made the change in the platform admitted yesterday that Trump directly ordered him to do it....Trump lied on video saying ''he knew nothing about it''...

Trump buying a $40 million dollar mansion and selling it to a Russian Oligarch for $95 million just months later is REAL.......

sessions lying or purposely misleading under oath about the Russian contacts, is real...

you could not write a better spy novel.... than what is unfolding before our very eyes....

OOPS: It turns out the president CAN order a wiretap... - I Love My Freedom

In Chapter 36 of Title 50 of the US Code *War and National Defense”, Subchapter 1, Section 1802, we read the following:

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
(A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—
(i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
(ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
(B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
(C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

While (B) seems to contradict the underlying permissive nature of Section 1802 as it involves a United States person, what the Snowden affair has demonstrated all too clearly, is how frequently the NSA and FISA court would make US citizens collateral damage. To be sure, many pointed out the fact that Fox News correspondent James Rosen was notoriously wiretapped in 2013 when the DOJ was investigating government leaks. The Associated Press was also infamously wiretapped in relation to the same investigation.

Even a former speech writer for Obama admits it:​

They, along with other intelligence services, deny it's true. Only Alt-Right is pushing it.
. Kind of like the alt-left, and their pushing false narratives over their rabbid hatred for Trump.. :party:

Obama can not simply order a wire tap...sheesh! Ignorance sure is bliss, eh?

IF there was a wire tap on Trump, that would mean the Justice Department, through their investigative team, the FBI, FOUND PROBABLE CAUSE that Trump WAS likely committing a crime, or tied up in foreign espionage.... And the Judge in the FISA COURT agreed.

You better be PRAYING there was NO FISA warrant to tap Trump's phones, cuz if there were, it means he is involved with, something illegal.

C4A, the president can order surveillance without getting a FISA. That is only for the intelligence community under normal operations, and the President can issue such operations orders under exceptional circumstances.

Also we already know that a FISA was given to the FBI to conduct surveillance on Trump's associates, including his campaign manager Manafort, and since they then conduct surveillance on all people within three degrees removed from the target, we know already, if you just think about it, that Trumps communications were recorded and intercepted and given to Obama.

We are witnessing a coup in slow motion.

. To deny Obama's alledged involvement in possibly throwing the election towards Hillary if he could, and all in order to save his legacy is also part of the equation. Obama had 8 years in trying to transform the United States in his favor, but he also had 8 years to transfer the government into his favor. I said it as soon as Trump was elected "how long will it take for the undermining to start" ? Immediately or down the road a ways ? Immediately it started.

If Obama wiretapped Trump, can we retroactively impeach him?
What an inane question. An out of office president can be impeached only in the general sense of the word. As a proceeding conducted by Congress to unseat a president, no, Obama cannot be impeached.
Blackrook is a lawyer. There is a first time for everything and for the record no question is stupid. Asking questions is part of the discovery process. Explore the possibilities a little. It might do you some good.
Blackrook is a lawyer.

Who is Blackrock?

Forum List

Back