If McChrystal needs to be fired, then..

oh noes! unattributed quotes about the anonymous person's opinion of what mcchrystal was thinking with nothing attributed to anyone, let alone mcchrystal! stop the fucking presses! he made fun of joe biden!!! no one ever does that! he called the ambassador out for being an ass covering weasel!!! news flash! the ambassador is an ass covering weasel who's pissed off that he didn't get picked to be *viceroy*

GMAFB
you people are redefining fauxrage. :rofl:

and you've got less to back you up than your average birther
:clap2:

Unattributable? If so, why did McChrystal apologize for them? Seems odd to me...

i'm sure it does. he apologized for using poor judgment in taking part in the profile, not for anything he said or didn't say. i agree; it was poor judgment.
it was not, by any stretch of the imagination, insubordinate.

Generals and other lesser military officials have been fired for much less. McChrystal should be gone.

These are remarks that we pretty much expect of Baruch these days: "Out of his depth and not really interested in anything that is not Baruch." Why would someone write what Baruch writes when everyone just shrugs and says that's "Baruchy being Baruch".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a general or two who stepped down in Bush's first term because they were questioning him?

I might be wrong, and I'm certainly lazy because I don't want to find out for myself.

Yes, they STEPPED down, SO they COULD criticize and question him without being guilty of insubordination.

Whatever the official reason is, it appears that the General will either step back from his current assignment, or be gone for good.

And Obama will likely claim victory over his own General.

The point really isn't whether or not McChrystal is right, wrong, insubordinate, or not. The point is that our Military and our Executive aren't on the same page.

Regardless of why, that should scare the shit out of all of us.

Whatever the official reason is, it appears that the General will either step back from his current assignment, or be gone for good.

And Obama will likely claim victory over his own General.

The point really isn't whether or not McChrystal is right, wrong, insubordinate, or not. The point is that our Military and our Executive aren't on the same page.

Regardless of why, that should scare the shit out of all of us.

Bush and Cheney got us into a fight we CANNOT win. That DOES scare all of us.

Unattributable? If so, why did McChrystal apologize for them? Seems odd to me...

i'm sure it does. he apologized for using poor judgment in taking part in the profile, not for anything he said or didn't say. i agree; it was poor judgment.

Generals and other lesser military officials have been fired for much less. McChrystal should be gone.

you're half right anyway; i'll reserve judgment on the other half.

carry on

That is what we scared me silly and I knew the Bush planners for Iraq we off their rockers.

General Shinseki testified flatly to Congress that 400,000 soldiers would be necessary to pacify a post-war Iraq. An infuriated Rumsfeld fired him. And . . . guess who was right?

If McChrystal believes BHO is wrong, then the General must resign and go to the people.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a general or two who stepped down in Bush's first term because they were questioning him?

I might be wrong, and I'm certainly lazy because I don't want to find out for myself.

Yes, they STEPPED down, SO they COULD criticize and question him without being guilty of insubordination.

you want to take a crack at posting a direct quote from mcchrystal that is insubordinate in your judgment?

carry on

Thanks, Del...there are more than enough Obama bashing threads on here. Find another one.

carry on

Thanks, Del...there are more than enough Obama bashing threads on here. Find another one.

why? if he's realy *furious* about this, which i doubt, he's a wuss. that's hardly bashing him-just stating the obvious. harry truman didn't piss and moan via leaks-he fired macarthur.

i'm starting to believe that obama is of japanese rather than kenyan heritage, else how does one explain his fondness for kabuki?

Yes.

obama needs to grow a set of balls and get over it. i saw nothing in the RS article that was derogatory towards obama, unless mocking some of his choices for high office (biden, eikenberry) is implicitly derogatory of obama.

i didn't vote for him, and i don't think he's doing a good job, but i never thought he was this much of a wuss.

go figure

It's called insubordination.

You Fuckin' guys Applauded any an ALL Negative Words about (43) from the Brass...

Give me a Break.

:)

peace...

"I read with concern the profile piece on Gen. Stanley McChrystal in the upcoming edition of 'Rolling Stone' magazine. I believe that Gen. McChrystal made a significant mistake and exercised poor judgment in this case. We are fighting a war against al Qaeda and its extremist allies, who directly threaten the United States, Afghanistan, and our friends and allies around the world. Going forward, we must pursue this mission with a unity of purpose. Our troops and coalition partners are making extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our security, and our singular focus must be on supporting them and succeeding in Afghanistan without such distractions. Gen. McChrystal has apologized to me and is similarly reaching out to others named in this article to apologize to them as well. I have recalled Gen. McChrystal to Washington to discuss this in person."

Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense

If McChrystal wants to publicly criticize the President, he needs to retire first.

period.

the fact that he didn't before offering up public criticism is more than enough reason to demote him and fire him and force him onto the retired list.

obama needs to grow a set of balls and get over it. i saw nothing in the RS article that was derogatory towards obama, unless mocking some of his choices for high office (biden, eikenberry) is implicitly derogatory of obama.

i didn't vote for him, and i don't think he's doing a good job, but i never thought he was this much of a wuss.

go figure

It's called insubordination.

You Fuckin' guys Applauded any an ALL Negative Words about (43) from the Brass...

Give me a Break.

:)

peace...

bullshit. I have NEVER been anything but critical of ANY military member who was less than 100% loyal to his entire chain of command. If you can't maintain that loyalty in all circumstances, resign your commission.

you want to take a crack at posting a direct quote from mcchrystal that is insubordinate in your judgment?

By the letter of the law, McChrystal did not disobey a direct order. McChrystal just lacks courage and honor.

Fighting with his Generals,suing his fellow Americans in Arizona,Golfing his way through this terrible oil spill tragedy? This guy can't seem to do anything right. He really is p*ssing more & more Americans off. I'll go with McChrystal on this stuff. The "Community Organizer" is completely clueless.

Fighting with his Generals,suing his fellow Americans in Arizona,Golfing his way through this terrible oil spill tragedy? This guy can't seem to do anything right. He really is p*ssing more & more Americans off. I'll go with McChrystal on this stuff. The "Community Organizer" is completely clueless.

so... you would go with a man who, by his own admission, used terrible judgment? You would go with a military professional who publicly criticized his chain of command just because you don't like the CinC? thank God you never served.

The incompetent Community Organizer should be fired instead. Hey that's just my opinion anyway.

Forum List

Back