If McChrystal needs to be fired, then..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by del, Jun 22, 2010.

1. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    obama needs to grow a set of balls and get over it. i saw nothing in the RS article that was derogatory towards obama, unless mocking some of his choices for high office (biden, eikenberry) is implicitly derogatory of obama.

i didn't vote for him, and i don't think he's doing a good job, but i never thought he was this much of a wuss.

go figure

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    It's called insubordination.

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    It was patently evident that he was this big of a thin-skinned wuss when he was sniveling about Rush Limpbagh and Fakes News.

He's Little Lord Fauntleroy as prez.

4. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    give me a quote that proves he's insubordinate then, because i looked and i couldn't find one.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    By purposefully mocking decisions made by his superior, the Commander in Chief, McCrystal has blatantly shown a disregard to the decisions and directions of said superior.

6. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

So are you saying they steeped out of party line and stated their own opinions?

7. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    fine, show me a quote.

i'll wait

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    You DO realize that McCrystal is in the MILITARY and NOT an elected official, right? In the military, there is VERY little room for "their own opinions". Had you served, I wouldn't have to be teaching you this....

9. LuckyDan

LuckyDan Sublime

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +609
    From Politico:

McChrystal and his top aides appeared to let their guard down during a series of interviews and visits with Michael Hastings, a freelance writer for the magazine Rolling Stone.

The article, titled “The Runaway General,” appears in the magazine later this week. It contains a number of jabs by McChrystal and his staff aimed not only at the president but also at Vice President Joe Biden, special envoy Richard Holbrooke, Karl Eikenberry, the ambassador to Afghanistan, and others.

McChrystal described his first meeting with Obama as disappointing and said that Obama was unprepared for the meeting.

National Security Adviser Jim Jones is described by a McChrystal aide as a “clown” stuck in 1985.

Read more: Furious President Obama summons Gen. Stanley McChrystal to D.C. - Gordon Lubold - POLITICO.com

I wonder if some of these remarks weren't made with the understanding that they were off the record. McChrystal's mistake was trusting the reporter, if so.

I don't think he should be fired. He has no history of this kind of thing that I am aware of, has he? Slap his wrist, warn him, and send him back.

10. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    1. Obama "didn't seem very engaged"
    A quote attributed to an unnamed McChrystal adviser says the general was unimpressed with the president after their first meeting. "It was a 10-minute photo op," the source says. "Obama clearly didn't know anything about [McChrystal], who he was... he didn't seem very engaged. [McChrystal] was pretty disappointed." This quote is the "big bombshell," says Ed Morrissey at Hot Air. "Does that amount to insubordination? Perhaps; it’s certainly a violation of the normal respect given to the chain of command in public."

2. National Security Advisor Jim Jones is a "clown"
    Obama's national security advisor is described as a "clown" by one of McChrystal's senior aides. The retired general is said to be "stuck in 1985."

3. Karl Eikenberry is covering his "flank"
    McChrystal told Rolling Stone he felt "betrayed" by Karl Eikenberry, the U.S. ambassador to Kabul. After Eikenberry questioned McChrystal's request for more troops, the general said: "Here's one that covers his flank for the history books. Now if we fail, they can say 'I told you so.'"

4. Biden or "bite me"?
    McChrystal "jokes sarcastically" about the vice president, who is "known as a skeptic of the commander's war strategy." When asked about Biden, McChrystal reportedly says, "Who's that?" An adviser says: "Biden? Did you say: Bite me?"

5. Oh no, not Richard Holbrooke
    Upon receiving an email from the State Department's envoy to the region, McChrystal lets his feelings be known: "Oh, not another email from Holbrooke," the general is reported to have said. "I don't even want to open it." According to a member of the general's team: "[McChrystal] says [Holbrooke]'s like a wounded animal. Holbrooke keeps hearing rumors that he's going to get fired, so that makes him dangerous."