IF Kids don't learn math in first grade...

The union based education system is too busy with the liberal social agenda. Kindergarten kids might know how wonderful it is that "Heather has two mommies" but they can't deal with the times tables. It's a fact of life that American kids feel pretty good about themselves and are fluent with a banana and a condom but they lag far behind foreign education standards.

The union based education system is too busy with the liberal social agenda. Kindergarten kids might know how wonderful it is that "Heather has two mommies" but they can't deal with the times tables. It's a fact of life that American kids feel pretty good about themselves and are fluent with a banana and a condom but they lag far behind foreign education standards.
I think if you check on your local schools, you'll find that damn little time is devoted to sex education or gay families in elementary schools. Your comments typify one of the problems we face in fixing our schools. Isolated incidents are blown out of proportion in order to divert attention away from what's needed to fix the real problems.

I see the real problems in education daily and they are certainly not the stupid nonsense in your post.

In my opinion, math computer applications are great teaching aids. As you say, computers are infinitely patient which is great. Nothing turns a kid off more than not to understand a topic and have the teacher jump to another topic because of time constraints.

About half of my grandkid's math assignments are done on the computer.

Thanks, a lot of people who come here seem to just bitch and moan about the schools and/or government but don't provide any useful information about how to improve education of children regardless of what the schools or government are doing.

We should be using the Internet to distribute information to bypass, whenever possible, the nitwits in authority who are screwing things up.

Why haven't we had a National Recommended Reading List for the last 50 years? I wish someone had told me about this when I was in high school.

The Tyranny of Words (1938) by Stuart Chase
Anxiety Culture: Tyranny of Words - excerpt
The tyranny of words : Chase, Stuart, 1888-1985 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

psik

Forum List

Back