If kerry Won The Debate.......Why is Bush still ahead in almost all the Polls??

they arent its a big right wing conspiracy.

Seriously though, Democrats are worried sick. if Kerry was doing so well they wouldnt be back to telling people republicans are trying to surpress the vote.

This is one of those faux-ignorant rhetorical devices that just screams loaded question.

The answer is simple. Kerry won the debate and thus pulled even or just behind the incumbent. He was very, very far behind, and now he's not. Its like asking, if the Red Sox won game 4, how are they still behind in the series 3-1?

And this "democrats are worried sick thing". Uh-huh. To continue the analogy, if your team was winning 10-0 in the 3rd inning, but then the other team tied the score at 10 in the bottom of the ninth, who is more worried? The team that doesn't have the momentum, that's who! We'll just have to see if ace-reliever Cheney-Mania can stop the bleeding.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6294-2004Oct4.html

After First Debate, Bush Still Leads Kerry
Washington Post Poll Shows President Holding 5-Point Edge

By Richard Morin and Christopher Muste
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, October 4, 2004; 5:00 PM

President Bush continues to lead rival Sen. John F. Kerry among likely voters despite surging enthusiasm for Kerry among Democrats and new doubts about whether the president has a clear plan to deal with terrorism and the situation in Iraq, according to the Washington Post tracking poll.

In the aftermath of last week's presidential debate, Bush currently leads Kerry 51 percent to 46 percent among those most likely to vote, according to polling conducted Friday through Sunday. Independent candidate Ralph Nader claims 1 percent of the hypothetical vote.

Yes it was disconcerting to see the polls to where Kerry has pulled even or even went ahead in some, not that polls are correct but still.

Idon't know about any of you but it scares me shitless that there are two debates left, Bush cannot afford to stammer or go "uh uh" for 30 freakin seconds anymore. He needs to get his shit together in these debates.

-Cp said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6294-2004Oct4.html

After First Debate, Bush Still Leads Kerry
Washington Post Poll Shows President Holding 5-Point Edge

By Richard Morin and Christopher Muste
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, October 4, 2004; 5:00 PM

President Bush continues to lead rival Sen. John F. Kerry among likely voters despite surging enthusiasm for Kerry among Democrats and new doubts about whether the president has a clear plan to deal with terrorism and the situation in Iraq, according to the Washington Post tracking poll.

In the aftermath of last week's presidential debate, Bush currently leads Kerry 51 percent to 46 percent among those most likely to vote, according to polling conducted Friday through Sunday. Independent candidate Ralph Nader claims 1 percent of the hypothetical vote.

What's most interesting are the internal polls regarding Bush being the more trusted and steadfast leader I think was the term used. In fact Bush has actually gained a little ground in some areas.

MtnBiker said:
Because debates don't make a president, just ask Mondull or Dukakis.

Hey Biker, I know what you are saying but the electorate is not as savvy or smart as they were back then. We elected Bubba Clinton TWICE.......I rest my case. Alot of gullible dupes out there.

OCA said:
Hey Biker, I know what you are saying but the electorate is not as savvy or smart as they were back then. We elected Bubba Clinton TWICE.......I rest my case. Alot of gullible dupes out there.

I was having dinner in a restaurant and there were two very loud talking women over the age of 40. One of their names was Pat, and the other I don't know so Ill call her Tilly. The conversation went something like this.........

Pat... "so Tilly did you watch the debate the other night?"

Tilly...." A little, maybe ten minutes or so, but then I got bored and went to sleep."

Pat..."Yeah I know what you mean, I saw about 20 minutes, then watched some movie on Lifetime."

Pat..Politics I really don't know much about, don't get into them too much, can't be bothered, but I think Im probably going to vote for Kerry."

Tilly..."Yeah I hear ya, ill probably vote for kerry, I think he has better ideas."

Pat..." Oh definately!"

:bang3: :bang3: :bang3:

Bonnie said:
I was having dinner in a restaurant and there were two very loud talking women over the age of 40. One of their names was Pat, and the other I don't know so Ill call her Tilly. The conversation went something like this.........

Pat... "so Tilly did you watch the debate the other night?"

Tilly...." A little, maybe ten minutes or so, but then I got bored and went to sleep."

Pat..."Yeah I know what you mean, I saw about 20 minutes, then watched some movie on Lifetime."

Pat..Politics I really don't know much about, don't get into them too much, can't be bothered, but I think Im probably going to vote for Kerry."

Tilly..."Yeah I hear ya, ill probably vote for kerry, I think he has better ideas."

Pat..." Oh definately!"

:bang3: :bang3: :bang3:

EXFRIGGINACTLY!

Polls are bullshit. They sell newspapers and they produce grist for the media-mill.

Lets forget the stupid polls. America elects presidents through the electoral college system, right ? Well I live in Massachusetts. I scorn John Kerry, I hate Ted Kennedy. But my vote will not make any differance except to make a tiny speck of a dent in Kerry's victory here.

( but there are usually ballot questions and other local matters I can effect ).

We need to focus on the "battleground states". But I don't know anyone in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, ... My Colorado relatives are ALL voting Republican. My Mom , Aunt and cousins in Florida are hearing from me as I try to gently persuade them to vote Republican..

First off, it depends on what poll you're looking at, but I admit most have the results in Bush's favor. I think the question to your answer is that Kerry won the debate, but Bush didn't really lose either.

Palestinian Jew said:
First off, it depends on what poll you're looking at, but I admit most have the results in Bush's favor. I think the question to your answer is that Kerry won the debate, but Bush didn't really lose either.

Its because Kerry's win was very superficial. it was all on style. Kerry didnt show himself as a consistant candidate. within 24 hours Republicans had his debate quotes in an internet ad showing him contradicting himself. All Democrats had from Bush was his pausing and a facial expression. Democrats are having a ball over this "win" in the debate last week. but if they sat down and thought about what Kerry said, they would realize he gave Bush enough rope to hang him.

Forum List

Back